• Published 24th Dec 2017
  • 1,014 Views, 5 Comments

Rainbow's Christmas with Her Uncle, Aunt, and Baby Cousin - Creativa-Artly01



It's another Christmas but one Rainbow is sure to enjoy as her uncle, aunt, and baby cousin Sunshine Heart are in town.

  • ...
 5
 1,014

Chapter 1-Nothing Like Family

It's a beautiful snowy day in Cloudsdale at the Dash house as they all gather around the fire. "This is lovely," says Aunt Firefly as she rocks a sleeping Sunshine Heart in her arms near the fire. "Thanks for hosting this year, Windy."

"Don't mention it," responds Windy Whistles with a smile. "Now if only my little Dash would get here with the tree."

Meanwhile, in Ponyville at the Ponyville Christmas Tree Farm, Rainbow Dash and Soarin finish up on purchasing the tree. They then swing by Pinkie's and get the Christmas cupcakes before returning to the Dash Family home in Cloudsdale. A few hours later, they arrive back at the house and set up the tree and put the cupcakes in the kitchen. Once the tree is up and decorated, Rainbow goes over and gives her aunt and uncle a great big hug and tickles a now awake Sunshine under the chin. "You are just the cutest little pony, yes you are, yes you are," says Rainbow to Sunshine. All the while, Sunshine just giggles.

"Yeah, she loves her big cousin," says Rainbow Blaze with a smile. He then hands Rainbow Dash a cup of hot chocolate which she gladly takes. She then begins to sip on it and everypony soon does the same on their own mugs of hot chocolate. After several hours, the family gathers around the tree and begins to sing. After singing songs around the tree, they all sit down for dinner. For dinner, the Dash Family enjoys a nice daisy salad, mashed carrots, pineapple kabobs, cider from Sweet Apple Acres, the cupcakes from Sugarcube Corner, and hay steaks.

"So," says Rainbow Blaze, "what is everypony hoping to get for Christmas from Santerpony?"

"A new pair of flying goggles," responds Rainbow Dash, "mine has a crack in them."

"The Pony Demon comic series and special edition action figure," says Soarin. "I'm a little bit obsessed with that series."

"I already have all I want for Christmas," says Cheerilee as she turns to face Scootaloo.

"As do I," responds Scootaloo as she looks back at Cheerilee, "even though a new stunt ramp for my scooter would be nice, too."

"Well, that cloud diamond necklace would be nice to receive," says Firefly with a smile.

"Just a framed photograph of me and Spitfire during the good ole days would be nice," sighs Rainbow Blaze.

"A new bird chime would be nice," says Windy Whistles.

"I want the new HotBlazer Lawn Trimmer and Lawn Mower set," says Bo with a deep chuckle.

"Okay, now who wants to hear a story?" asks Windy.

"Oh no," says Rainbow Dash as she slams her head down on the table. "Not this story. I hate this story. It's so embarrassing."

Windy then begins the story. "It was Christmas many years ago, Rainbow Dash was still a little filly. It was the first snowy Christmas in forever for us back then and Rainbow went out to play in the snow with her daddy. They went sliding down the hills behind our house. That was when our little Rainbow face planted in the snow. She then popped up and she and Bo just started laughing. Luckily it was a cloud, so Rainbow didn't hurt herself. I saw it all happen from the window, so when they came back inside, I just burst out laughing. 'Cutest face plant ever,' I said. Rainbow then just rolled her eyes at me. 'Mom,' she replied. 'you embarrassininding.' I then just burst out laughing once again. You were the cutest little filly especially when you were annoyed. We then all sat down for a nice lunch of hot mac n cheese. All the while I couldn't help but laugh."

"You done now?" moans Rainbow Dash.

"Yeah," responds Windy. "Sorry if it embarrassed you, sweetie. It's my favorite Christmas family story."

"Yeah, I will always hate when you tell it," responds Rainbow Dash, "that will never change."

The group then finishes up dinner and then go out on their favorite family tradition, a family sleigh ride through the sky. A few minutes later, they all hop in the sled, they then hitch it up to Rainbow Blaze and Bo and they then take to the skies, singing and laughing all the way. It's their favorite thing to do on Christmas Eve and they would never change this tradition for the world.