• Published 19th Dec 2017
  • 878 Views, 4 Comments

A Pony Christmas Carol - ShadowBrony928



I'm a big fan of A Christmas Carol and simply could not stand the show's take on the Dickens classic so here's mine

  • ...
 4
 878

Chapter 3: An Old Friend

Starlight would approach the door to her house, ready to relax for a bit and turn in for the night. However, when she turned her gaze to the door, the knocker had a pale ghostly light and bared the face of her old partner Trixie "Scroooge..." the spectre would say hauntingly. Then Starlight would shake her head as the knocker returned to normal as she sighed relieved "must just be my imagination" she entered the home and went about her night. However, while relaxing in her chair, she heard noises like footsteps approaching. She looked at the door to her living room where she saw the ghost of Trixie Marley appear, covered in chains that extend to the ground, attached to heavy weights and the like at the ends "Starlight Scrooge..."

"T-Trixie?..."

"You don't believe The Great and Businessy Trixie actually here do you?...why don't you believe your own eyes?"

"Because they can be easily be manipulated. You could've been caused by underdone food, an upset stomach. There's more gravy than grave about you." She was then forced to eat her words as Trixie bellowed at her, causing a shiver down her spine "why are you covered in so many chains?"

"Trixie wears the chains she forged in life...She made them link by link...and yard by yard...and now she is forced to carry them for eternity in the afterlife...yours were as heavy and long as these seven Christmas Eves ago. It's only gotten longer and longer since"

"But I don't understand...You were always such a great mare of business"

"Business? Ponykind was Trixie's business. The common welfare was Trixie's business. Joy, happiness, charity...they were all businesses of the Great and Businessy Trixie. Listen, Star. You can still escape my fate."

"But how?..."

"You'll be visited by 3 spirits..."

"I...think I'll pass"

"The first one should come by at about 1."

"Couldn't I just take them all at once and get it over with?"

Sunset just chuckled "farewell Starlight. Trixie wishes you luck in your reformation" she then took her chains and faded out of the door.Starlight laid there in disbelief before passing it off as a delusion and heading to bed