• Published 14th Dec 2017
  • 1,625 Views, 31 Comments

Crisp Summer Love - zerozoner



Sneaking out during her lunch breaks Celestia enjoys finding new things to do around Equestria. However she never planned on finding love.

  • ...
2
 31
 1,625

Prologue

Author's Note:

Warning I was listening to the Cardcaptor Sakura ending Groovy the entire time I was writing this. I take no responsibility for my actions. The music made me do this.

Help! It's still stuck in my head! Get it out!

The old crystal clock in the southern tower began to chime its sweet noontide melody. Across the capital the crisp tolls of the bells could be heard. It was one of the few things left behind by the Crystal Empire. The methods for crafting such wonderful instruments out of sparkling gemstones had been lost for centuries. Because of this the bells were impossible to replace or repair. Therefore Celestia had made a decree that the bells were only to be used during the summer season to reduce the wear on the ancient instruments.

Sitting on her throne Celestia felt her stress melting away as she basked in both the sunlight and the rhythm of the first song of the year. For centuries she had enjoyed the seasonal treat and how every generation of bell ringer played an unique and refreshing tune. Normally she would wait and listen to the full melody, but today was different. Dismissing the court she rushed off to her royal chambers.

Sometime around mid spring she had gotten into the habit of sneaking out from the castle to explore her domain. She really enjoyed seeing her citizens and being apart of their lives not as a princess, but as just a fellow pony. In order not to be noticed as the towering princess of the day she had been perfecting a spell to disguise herself.

Passing the last pair of royal guards the princess entered her room. No sooner did the doors shut behind her did she begin chanting the spell. Even for a princess it was a beast of a spell that took two whole minutes to finish on a good day.

Slowly wisps of pink smoke enveloped her. It was a good day. The smoke turned a deep purple before melting away into the floor. Revealing a smaller cream colored pegasus.

Stretching her wings and back Celestia winced as she felt her joints snapped into place with a loud pop. After a year of practice she had finally perfected her disguise spell. Originally she had been using an illusion, but to many fillies, foals, and drunkards saw through her disguise ruining her fun. This new spell of hers was no illusion, but rather a physical change. Sure it was painful, actually extremely painful to feel her body crack into pieces before shrinking into a smaller form, but she couldn't argue with the end result being fool proof.

Celestia quickly ran her hoof over her forehead to make sure her horn was gone. Every so often the spell had failed to make her a pegasus and had to be performed again. Besides it never hurt to be careful. Feeling nothing, not even a bump the mare let out a sigh of relief.

"Phew. Won't have to cast the spell more than once today."

With the body check complete the mare quickly trotted over to her massive bed frame. Throwing a quick glance around the room for watching eyes, she dove under her bed. For underneath was a small secret chamber. The princess's momentum carried her straight into an over sized pillow.

Standing back up the princess gazed at her collection of treasures. The room was understandably small, it was under her bed after all, but it contained all that she needed. The giant pillow, which she won at a fair, took up an entire wall with its overwhelming velvety plushness. To her left stood a solitary lamp that illuminated the room with a soft gentle light. Behind the lamp hung three rows of coats. Celestia could hardly wait for winter so that an opportunity to wear one would arise. A beautiful carved chestnut wardrobe stood across from her with a cute gold trimmed oak chest sitting beside it. On her right stood a full body mirror and a make up station.

Originally she had been sneaking out to enjoy the delicacies of the kingdom while socializing during her lunch break. This goal had quickly changed when she fully realized that her current spell gave her a new body. With this new form she could now indulge in her deepest desires her maiden heart could have. All the cute clothes in the kingdom were finally the right size for her. Before this all her clothes had to be tailor made. Not only was this expensive, but all the clothes they made were stuffy and for special occasions only. Now everything was fair game and she loved it.

"Maybe I went a little overboard gathering these." reflected Celestia as she gave her collection a second look.

What had just started off as a single outfit here, an odd hat there, a couple of dresses on sale, and a pair of shoes had turned into an impressive collection. She was running out of room to put the new acquisitions.

Though the room had originally started off as a place to store and indulge herself, today was different. Today it was her armory that prepared her for the maiden's battle.

Swinging the doors of the wardrobe open the princess began to muse over what to wear.

"Beret? Nah to fancy. Should I go casual with a cap? No, no its too casual. Absolutely adorable cute bunny wool hat? If only it was the season. lovely sunhat with pink ribbon. It will do for today." declared the princess as she arranged it carefully on her head. Making sure that it didn't hide her eyes or wavy pink main from sight.

Nothing worse than dressing all up only to have your face hidden. thought the princess as she returned her attention to the dresses that were hanging up.

Unlike the hats the rest of her wardrobe was easy to decide on. Snapping on a silk sundress from her collection the princess walked over to the mirror to check her outfit.

Smoothing out the milk white cloth over and around her curves the princess began talking to her reflection. "Hmm, It's a little on the simple side isn't it?"

"Nonsense! White is the color of purity. Besides it looks stellar on you." replied the princess in the mirror.

"Wonder if I have time to do something with my tail?" pondered the mare glancing at the clock in the corner that read a quarter after.

"No time today sister." said the mare in the mirror. "Let it be a surprise for next time, but make sure to apply at least a light layer of beauty art before leaving."

"Thanks a bunch, you're the best."

"No problem, but you better get going." replied the reflection.

Finishing up her make up Celestia climbed back out of her secret chamber. "Well I'm off."

"Good luck and see you tomorrow..." came the mirror mares voice. "Heavens above I'm lonely."

With a spring in her step Celestia left her hidden chamber. As she walked towards the balcony she gave herself a twirl. Relishing how the dress waved in the wind and gracefully fell back upon her. As Princess Celestia she would never get to experience this. After a few more twists and turns to play with her dress she grabbed a small brown travel case that she had packed a lunch in the night before.

Her heart fluttered like leaves in the wind as she stood on the balcony railing. Taking one last glance to make sure no pony was looking, the Princess took off into the sky above. No matter how many times she did this the freedom always excited her, but today the feeling was crisp and clear as a winters night to her. For this time she had something new to do. Today was her first blind date with...

The princess ducked into a cool cloud to try and reduce the growing heat in her cheeks. Even though she had met the stallion many times before she felt embarrassed and very nervous. For now she wasn't a princess. She was Summer Crisp, the caretaker of the Royal Crystal Bells on her way to a picnic lunch with Big Mac.