• Published 21st Jul 2012
  • 2,304 Views, 29 Comments

Responsibility - Silbern



All he wants is to be out of Equestria. His fate however has chosen a different path for him. Discor

  • ...
6
 29
 2,304

Act I: Down The Changeling Hole

Down The Changeling Hole

By: Silbern


Discord fell onto his back as pain wretched through his body. The sun was rising above him and the shine was seeming incredibly brighter then a few moments ago. Was he losing his grip? Was he losing his control? Quickly getting back to his feet he stared down his two attackers that he knew all too well. For it was none other then the Princess sisters who hunted him mercilessly for years. Discord could only chuckle as he gathered his strength for the last bout.

“It's over Discord” Celestia announced with a step forward. Her voice dripping with hatred and her eyes made of ice. “You plague the land and cause famine to run rampant. Your crimes shall be punished by the most sever manner.”

“Oh stop it Celestia!” Discord playfully said as he faked a blush. “You are giving me way too much credit than I'm due.”

“Enough with this foolishness!” Luna shouted as her temperament had reached it's limit. The look of hatred seemed to be shared amongst the two sisters. Her dark horn began to glow as Celestia followed suit.

“I will cast this land in eternal chaos until the day I die!” Discord shouted and just as he was about to take a step forward he noticed that his feet wouldn't respond. Looking down in shock he found that not only had his feet been turned to stone but it was now coursing upwards. The pain wrenching through his body was becoming almost unbearable as he screamed.

“You will never leave your stone coffin Discord!” Celestia shouted back as with a final large blast from her horn covered the land in a blinding light. A few quiet seconds passed and as the two sisters breathed heavily for a moment they gazed upon their effort. Discord stood tall and clearly in pain but forever frozen in stone. His plagues would never reach Equestria nor would his way corrupt the mind of any pony ever again.

Those were the stories that many pony had forgotten due to the long age passed. Farms soon began to prosper and the sick would recover. For over a thousand years Discord would stand in eternal pain and misery caused by his stone coffin. Discord however was never really done with Equestria. He had been risen once unexpectedly and put down just as quick by six ponies whose fate seemed to come across Equestria's most troubling moments. Our story does not start with the famous six however but instead with an individual who is sitting at his desk studying for exams.


It was already past twelve in the morning as Uriel's eye lids were starting to drop. Today had been just another busy day in his life. Wake up, go to work hours before the sun rises then go to school. After school he would go to his second job and by the time he would get home he sat at his desk and studied. His life was simple yet tiring. It wasn't like the young man wanted adventure or really craved for it but knew that some things came before others. His older brother told him that about a year after Uriel was adopted. “Responsibility will never steer you wrong” Uriel would remember as the older brother would poke his chest. If anything, his brother was a role model. Always helping and generously gave what he could. Uriel let out a low sigh just thinking about it. It was hard living up to those expectations. Even as his eye lids slowly closed and he blanked he could remember the same man poking his chest.

It was the sudden blaring of the alarm and the blinking numbers that caused Uriel to curse. With a note still stuck to his forehead he gathered himself for the day to come. Rubbing his eyes as he tip toed past his father who passed out on the sofa again with a few beer bottles displaced amongst the floor. Scooping up the empties was all Uriel could do along with covering the aging man with the living room blanket. Locking the door behind him he was off with the street lights still lite.

Past lunch time, the day was already wearing him down. Often he would rub his eyes or get water but today seemed to be a tad more difficult then most. Especially since he thought he would hear someone talk but the room was as quiet as a mouse. Voices, both in pain and laughter, seemed to be echoing in his head until it got to the volume that Uriel had to hold himself up. Ignoring the looks his fellow classmates were giving him he asked to be excused to go to the bathroom. Something wasn't right. He swore he was starting to hear everyone's own personal thoughts. People he would pass in the hall way would be quiet but their eyes and inner thoughts were more truthful.

The entire day went by with everyone's thoughts filling up his head. Trouble with the wife, drug addictions, bills and every problem that had affected human society. It was almost suffocating to Uriel. Somehow he could feel something inside his mind that was actually happy. The creature would cackle now and again which would make Uriel pause for a moment to listen but it would fade away. It wasn't until he made it home that things would go from bad to chaotic.

Another night. Another pile of notebooks to go through. Just past his one hour mark the light on his desk would flicker. Uriel could only arch an eyebrow in curiosity as he had just placed that bulb in a week ago. Turning the lamp to look at the bulb he found a note was taped to it. Dropping his pencil and hesitating for a moment he picked the note and placed it onto his desk.

“I spy with my dastardly eye, something under your bed...” Uriel read out loud slowly as he let the words sink in.

Uriel was confused as he knew his father would never even bother to put the effort to come into his room none the less put the note there. It was the cackle in his head that made his hair stand up. It sounded much more clear, almost as if it was in the same room as him. Goosebumps started to spread on his skin as Uriel turned to face his ordinary bed. Nothing seemed out of place and the bed was still made just like how he had left it this morning. For a moment he thought of just ignoring the note but something almost called to him.

Curiosity getting the better of him he came to the edge of his bed and gave himself a moment to breathe before pulling the blanket edges back. Nothing. It was void of anything but dust. Uriel was actually happy to see nothing under the bed as he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Getting up he found something far from 'Alright' lying on his bed.

“Hey there handsome” Discord greeted with a smile as he pokes Uriel on the nose.

“Gah!” Uriel shouted as he fell back onto his butt. Quickly he pushed himself back until he found himself pressed up against his wall. “What the hell are you?” Uriel could only managed to ask as his breathing was picking up in speed.

“Oh Uriel, do you not remember me?” Discord began to cry but Uriel soon found those tears animated into little droplets that danced in a circle upon his bed. “Well I suppose that's what to be expected when I sleep inside your conscious for a while” the chaotic being said waving his hand in the air as if dismissing the idea. “There is no time for long and boring explanations though Ury!”

Uriel cringed as the thing called him by the only nick name his adopter mother had given him before she passed away. How is it possible that this large being could ever live in his mind?

“Come on young man, for Equestria awaits us!” Discord invited the young man as the creature disappeared under the bed like a serpent going inside a hole. Uriel only watched with shock as the large creature had somehow disappeared under the bed without a sound. Thinking this was his chance he grabbed the nearby door handle until he found something wrap around his legs. It was only moments as Uriel screamed and scratched at his floor until he vanished from his room.


“Now jus' you wait a dang second Dash!” Applejack called out as she bit down on the rainbow coloured tail. The pegasus however wanted to join the Wonder Bolts overhead. Rarity could only sip at her fruit punch as she tilted her head upwards to watch the display even though her fancy hat would desperately try to block her vision with feathers. It was the sudden crack of thunder that brought all the ponies attention below to the skies. The show was about to begin and the crowd cheered as loud as they could. Twilight almost missed Spike as she found a new scroll freshly delivered on the picnic blanket before her thanks to the baby dragon. It was reading the message however that made the Unicorn's mouth go agape in shock.

“Oh!” Pinkie Pie jumped up and down in excitement but not because of the Wonder Bolts. She pressed her face against Twilight's and began to read the message only to have her mouth drop open as well. “Discord's gone!” She shouted with shock but soon found Twilight's hoof stuck in her mouth preventing her from speaking any more.

“Did 'ah hear right?” Applejack asked as she tore her gaze from the show above them with a unhappy look.

“I'm afraid you did girls” Twilight said as she gave the letter another look through. “The princess wants to see us immediately and has even arranged the train to make a special trip just for us.”

Pinkie Pie began jumping with excitement as Rarity started to panic. Oh what ever was she going to wear? Rainbow Dash was the hardest hit of them all however as she pointed towards the sky with a pained expression. “Thee Wonder Bolts are here in Ponyville and you want us to leave?” She asked skeptically.

“I'm sorry Rainbow Dash but this is Discord we are talking about!” Twilight tried to reason with her friend as the Unicorn stood up to gather her things. “We meet at the train station in a hour!”

The ride was long and uneventful as every pony slept aboard the coach. Although sleep was hard to come by as memories of Dicord were still visible in each of the six's memories. Their friendship was almost lost to chaos that day and they knew Discord was not foolish to underestimate them a second time. It was a relieving sight for in the morning none other then Princess Celestia waited for them at the station with a group of her royal guards.

“Twilight!” Celestia greeted her student with a warming smile. The six ponies soon greeted the princess with a bow and were ushered to follow her. “I'm afraid my message did not lie about the graveness in the situation” The alicorn began to tell her subjects as they passed the arch which marked the beginning of the royal garden.

“But how Princess?” Twilight asked as she tried to piece everything together. Nothing seemed right. “After we defeated Discord you had him placed inside a vault. Even if the vault didn't work you placed a spell on the stone to ward off any attempts to break it.”

“You're correct my observant student but you see,” Celestia began as she nodded her head towards the two guards who stood at attention by a large metal door. They opened it for the princess and her followers but the scene it showed was something slightly less dramatic then they would have expected. Inside the dome shaped vault was dishevelled dirt in the middle where the statue stood. “we think Discord is getting outside help. I can still feel my spell that keeps a protective seal over the stone so I know Discord has yet to escape his prison, so to speak”

“Then it's simple!” Rainbow Dash shouted with excitement as she started to hover in the air. “We go hunt down these statue thieves and take Dicord back.”

“Ok Dash, where did they go?” Twilight asked the pegasus even though she knew by the blank expression Rainbow Dash had no idea. “We need to look for clues as to which direction they went.”

“We will save you the trouble Twi” A voice spoke up behind the group as a white stallion stepped forth with a handful of guardsmen. “Hello little sis” Shining Armour greeted his sister with a smile as he stood tall in his Guard Captain armour.

“Brother!” Twilight said in delight as she gave her brother a quick hug. “I trust that the honeymoon went swell?” Twilight said with a small chuckle. She stepped aside as her brother walked past her and towards the middle of the dome where the dirt is.

“Yes it did.” He spoke but Twilight could see that his voice didn't carry the cheer or bashfulness she was expecting from him. His tone and vision seemed more concentrated on the task at hand. “The thieves never really placed a hoof on Canterlot per say. They did however went under it through the old mine underneath.”

“We had blocked off most of the entrances to the vast tunnels underneath but it would take at least a year just to map them out.” Celestia explained as she stepped closer to the hole. “This is why I'm sending a handful of guardsmen and you brave six underneath. With you I bestow the elements of harmony to defeat any kind of foe. We cannot allow this unknown force to release Discord once more.”

“Alright!” Rainbow Dash said as she now brandished her own element around her neck. “Let's roll!” She flew down the small hole in dive until a loud yelp of pain was heard. “It's a bit smaller then I expected” the rest could hear her groan in pain.

As every pony shook their head they began their journey underneath following the distinct trail. It seemed the statue was dragged behind the captors so as to make a bread crumb trail. With the royal guards lighting a path with their horns it was all just a matter of time before they would catch up.


The world was dark for Uriel even though he could feel himself dropping at an alarming speed. The only thing he could see was the monster from before pulling him along this pitch black path. Uriel only snarled as he had other plans and going along like cattle wasn't one of them. Regaining some of his composure he swung his body and then released the hardest kick he could muster. It hit true as Discord flexed his hand in pain, enough that Uriel took the chance to free his leg.

“You foolish human!” Discord shouted out in sudden anger but as he tried to reach out for Uriel again a bright light was coming at the end of the tunnel. “If your not in direct contact with me you mig-” Discord tried but was cut off by the light soon became blinding and deafening. Uriel couldn't even scream as he was consumed by the wave.


“And I told you Fluttershy, can you really trust random moles and bats?” Rainbow didn't look too amused as the group waited at a fork in the tunnels. When they came to the fork they were mystified. The track they had been following has vanished. No prints and no drag mark.

“I'm sorry Rainbow Dash but they all have pointed to the tunnel on the right” Fluttershy tried to stick up for her new underground friends although she was starting to falter. Rarity and AJ could only shake their heads.

“Captain?” One of the guards finally spoke up to break the tension.

“This smells of a trap. We stick together no matter what.” Shining Armour voiced his order and Twilight couldn't help but smile as she watched her big brother. He was something truly to be proud of and knew that her new sister in-law would be happy. Taking Fluttershy's advice they traveled down the right as they tried to ignore Rarity's outspoken dislike of the dirt in her mane.

It was only ten steps in when there was a sharp yelp amongst the group. Everyone turned to the noise but only found the dark maned guard that had been watching their back was now gone. Not a single hair on his mane was left.

“Circle formation! Protect the elements of harmony!” The Captain shouted as he stood at the forefront ready to repel any attackers. Soon the girls found themselves inside a tight circle but no attackers showed themselves. Well none of the conventional sense as everyone heard Apple Jack give out a yell for help. To the horror of the group she was not being picked off or buried but instead was getting sucked under the floor just like quick sand.

“Hang on AJ!” The group tried to get a grip on whatever they could grab but soon found that nothing was left. Not even her favored hat.


“Curse you human!” Discord shouted out at the changelings below him. They whimpered slightly at the abuse but there wasn't much that they could do about it. They gazed upon Discord and his disgruntled state. “This is just perfect!” Discord said as he lowered his head to view the rest of his body still in stone.

“For someone cast in stone, you should be more thankful at your rescuer.” A tall queen stepped in as her changelings rallied behind her. “Discord, we have rescued you from your vault and I performed the exact same spell that you told me to. Care to explain why your head is the only thing free?”

“Ah Queen Chyrsalis. How did your wedding fair? Oh wait.” Discord teased with the queen and by the anger on her face he seemed to have hit the spot dead on. “Don't worry deary, there are plenty of ponies on the fields if you catch my drif-”

“Discord!” She screamed loudly to silence the statue before her. “Twilight and her friends are following us so I would like to escape without ending up like you” she snarled the last of her words out.

“Yes well you see, I may have left a simple itty bitty part of my consciousness inside a exotic species who is inside these tunnels. This small amount however has kept stored with in it all my power for...” He paused trying to find the correct words. “...Safe keeping” He finished with a grin.

“And now he is loose in these tunnels.” The Queen finished the explanation her self as she turned to her changelings. “Find this Human and bring him to us immediately. Don't bother with the rest of the ponies!” She ordered as all her subjects nodded and ran off in multiple direction leaving only the Queen and statue Discord. “You better keep your end of the bargain Discord or I will do more then turn you to stone.” Chyrsalis warned sternly as she eyed down the figure before her.

“You will get what you want Chyrsalis.” Discord chuckled with venom in his tone. “He will love you unconditionally.”


Groaning in pain is the only thing Apple Jack could do as she shook her head. Wherever she was it was dark and as she stood up she soon found herself stumbling in the dark. One particular rock groaned in pain as she misplaced her step. “Oh, pardon me” Apple Jack apologized before scrunching up her face in confusion. Last time she checked rocks didn't make groans. “Who are you?” She stepped back and got in position to defend herself.

“Where am I?” A low and pained voice spoke out as Apple Jack could barely make the outline of the moving figure before her.

“'Ah said who are you? You better be answerin' or 'ah may not be too kind to ask again” AJ warned as she took a threatening step forward.

“Uriel” The voice spoke back quickly as it groaned again. “Now please just tell me where I am and how I can get the hell out.” It spoke eagerly as the figure stood at full height.

“Well I don't know any pony by Uriel” AJ said ignoring his own questions. “How do I know you weren't the one who dragged me away from my friends?” She asked not letting up her aggressive stance.

“Listen lady, I was at home when a creature from hell dragged me under my bed and into this, this cave!” Uriel responded with despair creeping in on his tone. “I'm scared, lost and just want to go home” The young man tried to plead with the voice in the room with him.

AJ hesitated for a moment before relaxing a bit. “Well if your a captive like me then maybe we can find a way out together” the pony tried to reason with the tall figure. “But you will be walking two steps ahead of me at all times, we clear?”

Uriel could only release a sigh from his lips in defeat. When will this nightmare end? “Fine. Would you care to tell me your name then Miss?” Uriel said as he fumbled in his pockets for his phone.

“Name's Apple Jack. Now let's hurry on outta here. My friends should be looking for me.” She suggested and just as she was about to move forward a bright light blinded her along with a sudden gasp.

“What the hell are you?” Uriel shouted as he dropped his phone in slight panic. The phone dropped onto the dirt floor so the light could flash upright. This light finally exposing the truth to each other.

“What am I? What are you!” Apple Jack took a step back as she could see Uriel for what he was. A being that stood on two legs and had short brown hair upon his head. Instead of hoofs he had fingers and thumbs.

Uriel had to breath for a couple of seconds as his mind tried to breakdown what was going on. A pony wearing a jewelry necklace and a cowboy hat was talking to him. If he hadn't meet Discord earlier he would have found this much, much more difficult to deal with. “I'm a human being and you're a talking pony” He spoke out not entirely sure if he was talking to himself or AJ.

“Well, Uriel, I don't know where you come from but I have never seen one of your kind before” AJ spoke as she tried to calm herself down. It took her a few moments but she eventually calmed down to take a step closer into the light of the strange small box thing on the ground.

Uriel did the same as they tried to examine one another. It was when Uriel offered his hand and a shaky smile that AJ smiled a bit.

“Well Uriel, it's nice to meet ya!” AJ shouted as she shook his hand with one of her hoof's. “Now let's get the heck out of here before trouble show's up” She mentioned as she bite down on the light source and began walking towards the only tunnel out of the room.

“That's my, oh never mind” Uriel didn't even bother as he followed after the pony. “Wait, what do you mean trouble?”


It had to been hours in Uriel's mind. They have been wondering the tunnels without a single sign of life and the battery on his phone was running low. Luckily he had rescued it from AJ's mouth after explaining it to her, she could only give him a small blush and an apology.

“'Ah don't want to admit it but 'ah think we're lost here sugar cube.” AJ said as she walked beside her new found traveling companion. After talking a while she found he was not a bad guy at all, if anything scared and confused. She could understand and soon started to talk a bit more freely with him. She looked up at him as the two stopped for a moment to rest.

“I hear you. It was supposed to be my first day off in months too.” Uriel said as he turned off the light on his phone for a bit to save battery while they sat.

“Where do ya' work?” Apple Jack asked as she sat beside him so she knew where he was at all times.

“A bakery and a kitchen” He simply said as he let out a long sigh. “Before the sun rises and after the sun sets is my work schedule”

“Well ah'll be!” AJ said stomping a hoof down on the floor. “You and 'ah have something in common. Breaking our backs working!” She said with a chuckle and to his surprise, Uriel began to laugh as well. “Maybe 'ah ought to hire you to work on the farm. This is our largest season yet since we added the new orchard!”

Uriel could only chuckle at the pony beside him. It's been a while since he could really slow down like this. Standing back up however he simply stretched his shoulders before looking back down at Apple Jack. “If we ever make it out of this mess I'll be happy to Apple Jack”

“Done deal mister!” She said as she spit on her hoof and offered it to him with a smirk on her face.

Uriel could only chuckle again as a smile was spreading before spitting on his hand and shaking her hoof. The happy moment was soon cut short as a familiar pain erupted in Uriel's mind. As if a thousand needles began to dive into his skin he could only shout. His eyes eyes shut tight as he fell to his side kicking up a small cloud of dirt as he did so.

“Uriel!” Apple Jack shouted in surprise as she bent down to examine the young man in his pain. She didn't know what to do as she tried to look around for what may have caused Uriel so much pain but soon found herself dumbfounded. “What's wrong?” She shouted finally running out of ideas as she tried to get him back to his feet.

“He's here Apple Jack” Uriel groaned as he found enough strength to get to his knees with the support from the pony beside him.

“Who's here?” She asked not understanding what was going on even as she tried to spot an intruder in the darkness of the tunnels. She was starting to get worried and kept silently hoping that her friends would show up in a few seconds to back her up.

“Discord” Uriel spoke as his mind was plagued with constant probing. He could feel the creature trying to gain some sort of foothold or possible inkling of knowledge. If anything, Uriel knew it was trying to find him again.

Apple Jack stood motionless for a few moments. She knew that alone she couldn't stand up against the creature. “Are you saying Discord was the one who brought you to this world in the first place?” She asked but soon found a hand was trying to push her away.

“Run Apple Jack.” Uriel warned as he got back on his feet and leaned against the wall. “Run before he finds both of us” He simply said as he tried to push Apple Jack away again but had no luck. Instead he found a hoof push him against the wall.

“Now you listen here!” Apple Jack pushed a hoof into the human's chest as she stood on her two back legs. “I've never left a friend behind and I don't plan on starting today!” She shouted at him and before she knew it was staring him down. The tip of her hat brushing against his forehead and some intent eyes looking down the young man until Uriel could only sigh in defeat.

“Ok, you win but for any future reference, I did warn you” He said as a satisfied Apple Jack dropped back down on four legs with a smile. “He's close by. I just don't know where.” Uriel tried to explain what he felt in his mind but he was unsure himself.

“Well it'd be for the best if we can avoid him if we can until we get back up” She warned as she began walking down the tunnel again. She noticed he didn't say anything from behind her and as she looked behind her to check on him all she could see in the dark was a lifeless hand being dragged around the corner.

“Uriel!”


“Apple Jack!” Rarity called out as the rest of the ponies followed suit. It had been hours of searching for their lost companions. Not a single clue had shown up and some of the girls were starting to show it. “Where in Equestria could that girl have disappeared to?”

Just as Twilight put a hoof on Rarity's back for support they noticed something odd ahead of them. A flash of orange and pale yellow dashed past their view in the intersection on the tunnel network. What was even stranger was Pinkie Pie following it just behind saying “I found her!”

The group stood dumbfounded. Not only was Pinkie Pie at the rear of the group but now she was following the pony they had been looking for. Twilight could only allow a few seconds for her mind to try and comprehend another one of Pinkie's strange behavior before shouting “Follow that pony!”

The group of ponies gave chase as they could see a pink tail jump up and down in front of them. “Apple Jack!” They shouted and were overjoyed when the Apple Acres pony turned her head and smiled to see all her friends. “Where are you running off to?” Twilight asked as she finally caught up to the quick pony.

“They took Uriel! Thieving vermin!” She shouted before putting renewed energy into her legs that propelled her even faster.

“Who the heck is Uriel?” Rainbow asked as she flew just above the group. No one really had an answer for the pegasus. Twilight had a hunch however that they were about to find out.


“Oh Uriel” A voice spoke out as the young man tried to clear the pain and cloudiness from his eyes. All he could remember was following AJ until his world went blank. Then he snapped his open in sudden shock as he was only a few inches away from the face of his tormentor.

“Good morning sleepy head” Discord greeted Uriel with deceiving smile. He raised a hand to poke Uriel on the nose as he spoke “You have been causing me some trouble young man. Had you just sat still during our ride here we wouldn't be in this situation.”

Uriel had enough of Discord to know better. “Oh, did I ruin your day Discord? Oh however could I repay you?” Uriel could only reply sarcastically as well as let loose a grin.

Discord could only laugh as he gave Uriel a hug. “You remind me of myself as a young guy in the world. Well maybe not too much of myself.” Discord said as he rolled his eyes. The creature of chaos seemed to sit in deep thought for a moment until he simply shrugged his shoulders. “You can repay me however by giving me back what is rightfully mine but that however will need some sacrifice from you.”

Uriel only arched a eyebrow in troubled curiosity as he waited for the explanation.

“Have you noticed anything different Uriel?” Discord spoke softly but the way his words came out it felt like they were scratching on the inside of Uriel's mind. “Would you like a mirror perhaps?” Discord offered with a small polite bow as he moved aside a few steps. Behind the chaotic creature was the cavern wall that had a crystal mirror. It was then that Uriel dropped his jaw in utter shock.

“What have you done to me?” Uriel shouted as he fell back while still looking at the mirror. Bringing up what used to be his hands where now hoofs. His pasty white skin was now a brilliant, white coat. In his mind he kept shouting at the impossibilities but as he looked into the mirror to see not only a horn on top of his head but the wings on his side it was getting harder to ignore. His usual short, brown hair was now a long deep, blue along with a fire red. “This can't be ha-” Uriel tried to stammer until Discord appeared beside the Alicorn and one finger pressing his mouth shut.

“Oh but it is Ury” Discord assured the tormented soul beside him. He couldn't help but cackle slightly as he could feel the last of his power just moments away. “Now let's get what's rightfully mine, shall we?” Discord asked as his hand glowed a sickly colour.

Uriel instead of being scared, he flared his nostrils in anger. Lowering his eyes he stared down the chaotic creature as he began to stand up on his new four legs. “What makes you think that I'm just going to give it to you?” Uriel said as he began to gather his courage under the anger that started to fire in his heart.

“Oh?” Discord started to applaud lightly as he watched the newly turned Alicorn with a small grin. “Am I insulting your deceased mother's memory?” Discord asked as his lip turned up around the edges in delight at seeing Uriel boil over with anger. “Who do you think plotted her death?” Discord asked as the chaotic creature floated a meter above the dirt floor.

“Discord, I swear to god that I will destroy you!” Uriel threatened the creature before him as he gritted his teeth.

“The drunk driver that smashed into her on the intersection. Guess who got him recently divorced and his kids taken away?” Discord laughed as he twirled in the air with delight. He even dodged a sudden charge by Uriel. “Oh and your older brother! Guess who shut down an entire company and forced hundreds out of jobs? One of those desperate hundred that happened to shoot your brother while he was trying to do the right thing by protecting that innocent woman.”

“Damn you Discord!” Uriel shouted and with all of his hatred focused directly on the creature who happily floated above the ground a bright glow started emitting from his horn. The sudden bolt flew fast as Discord's smile was suddenly wiped from his face as the bolt tore his midsection to pieces. What could pass for internal organs and blood was splattered against the crystal mirror in a display of a laughing face.

“Do you really think you can kill me that easily?” a voice echoed in the cavern room. It was followed by a cackle that only spurred more hatred inside of Uriel. “Now as much as I want to play with you, I do have a schedule to keep.” The body of the desecrated Discord started to reattach body parts as the creature stood again to stretch.

“I'd rather die then see you gain all of your power again.” Uriel said as he spat onto the ground. His dark red pupils staring down his opponent as he was getting ready for Discord's imminent attack.

“You just may little Prince” Discord said as he took a step closer and shot his own magic that surrounded the Alicorn's head. Discord's laughter filled the air as Uriel's vision began to darken. Discord watched as Uriel became unconscious and his limp body fell to the ground. “Now to gather my po-” He began until a purple bolt burned his left shoulder which caused him to grind his teeth.

“Discord!” A new voice shouted out and as the creature of chaos turned to face his new adversaries he smiled. Before him were not only the royal guards but the six ponies that had placed his body back into stone.

“Ah girls! I was wondering when you would show up. I missed you so much! Do you miss my chocolate milk rain Pinkie?” Discord asked as he began to float in the air. A small smile placed upon his lips and devilish intent deeply seeded into his eyes.

“Do I ever!” Pinkie said with glee until she noticed her friends staring at her. “I mean, I like white milk better!” She tried to fix her mistake with a sheepish smile. Rarity and Rainbow could only roll their eyes before placing their concentration back onto Discord.

“Where is Uriel, Discord?” Apple Jack stomped her hoof down as she tried to look around for the human but couldn't see hand or hoof of him. The group could only spot a huddled figure behind Discord. AJ could only grind her teeth slightly as she tried to guess as to what the chaotic being could have done to him.

“Uriel is dead.” Discord spoke as he did a small barrel roll in the air.

The group of ponies stood shocked but none were hit as hard as Apple Jack. She just stood open mouthed for a few moments trying to comprehend it.

Discord couldn't help but hold his sides as his laughter filled the cave with echoes. “You should see the look on your faces! You barely even know the young man yet you are friends! Pathetic really.” Discord said as he wiped away a tear.

“Ah'll make sure you'll never leave this place Discord!” Apple Jack shouted as she let the anguish of a lost friend slowly corrupt her. She could feel the tightening in her chest as she gritted her teeth.

“Well as much as I would like to oblige that wish I must depart!” Discord snapped his fingers. Discord disappeared with a small audible pop which left the group to look upon the Alicorn that laid unconscious upon the ground breathing lightly.

“Who is he?” Twilight said as she rallied her friends behind her but before she could do anything a small pebble hit her on the head. Looking up she soon found that maybe things could wait for another time. “It's caving in!” She shouted as the group were soon noticing the fatal boulders crashing all around them. “Every pony run!” Twilight shouted as she ran along with her brother and friends towards the mouth of another tunnel.

It was Rainbow Dash who noticed that they were missing one as she turned mid flight to see AJ carrying the Alicorn on her back the best she could but he was far from light. “I'm coming AJ!” Rainbow shouted as she flew back for her friend without a inkling of hesitation. Lifting part of Uriel's weight on her own shoulders the two ponies picked up speed as they dodged left and right to avoid any sudden death. It wasn't until the final boulder that crashed behind them that forever covered the mouth of that cavern room was when every pony was able to breath easily.

The group gathered around the unconscious pony as they examined him. He was slightly taller then Shining armour and had the largest wings then any pegasus that Rainbow Dash has ever seen. “We don't have time for this.” Shining Armour said as he gave the new pony a once over before turning. “We have to report back to Princess Celestia immediately on our findings.” Shining ordered as his men followed without hesitation as they lifted the Alicorn onto their shoulders.


The group came through the large main doors as the Princess finished signing a paper before turning to the new interruption. With a smile she slowly walked up to the group “Welcome back my subjects!” she greeted. “Tell me what news do you bring about Discord?”

“I'm sorry Princess.” Shining Armour approached as he gave a military salute. “Discord has escaped but in his stead we bring back something peculiar.” Shining reported as he stepped aside so the Princess could get a better look at the Alicorn placed upon the the ground.

The Princess was shocked for a few moments before Shining Armour came up to her with a worried expression. “Princess?” He asked trying to break her out of the sudden expression.

“You said you found him with Discord correct?” Celestia asked the guard captain and he responded with a sharp nod of his head. “What has Discord done with you?” She whispered to the form below her as she bent low. She tried to nudge the sleeping form with her nose but it didn't move.

The girls watched with curiosity and confusion. They knew Princess Celestia was caring about her subjects but she seemed to know something no one else knew about this certain pony. “Pardon me Princess but I don't understand.” Twilight asked as she took a step closer to her mentor.

“It's a long story Twilight Sparkle” Celestia answered but she stopped herself. “He is a special friend of mine that I thought lost to me.” Celestia began to explain but before she could finish they all heard the figure groan below them. A circle began to form around the wakening figure as his eye lids slowly began to flutter.

Looking up the pony began to squirm and scream as his legs kicked. The royal guards rushed in and began to subdue the pony until until they heard a yell and a wave of red energy blasting them back. Guards flew past the girls as they slammed into pillars and walls alike. The white Alicorn began to stand as he looked around in terror. His nostrils flaring with heavy breaths, his eyes scanning all of his surroundings. “Where the hell am I?” He shouted as he noticed the ponies staring at him with some fright.

Princess Celestia didn't move however as her face had taken on one of sadness and slight despair. “Calm down sir. My name is Princess Celestia and you are in Canterlot.” The Princess tried to persuade the angered figure before her. It was easy to see that the pony felt more frightened then actually angry. Much like a animal who has been pushed to a corner and has no other option but to fight for his life.

“Where's Discord?” He asked again as his head waved left and right trying to examine every inch of the large hallway. His red and blue mane moved with each head jerk and his horn glowing a bright red. The wings were outstretched far as if to intimidate any who would oppose him.

It was Apple Jack that finally conquered the sudden fearful energy before her to recognized the voice. She took a step past her friends even though Rarity and Pinkie tried to stop her. “Uriel? Is that you?” the Apple Acres mare asked as everyponies attention was placed upon her.

The white Alicorn folded his ears as he eyed the pony for a moment. His opened wide as he recognized that hat and green eyes looking at him. “Apple Jack!” Uriel shouted with relief but refused to move a step from his spot. “Apple Jack, what the almighty is going on?” Uriel asked as one guard tried to take a step closer until the Alicorn sent a threatening bolt of red energy in his direction. The bolt fizzeled upon a light blue energy shield as Celestia stepped forward with her own wings stretched.

“Uriel, I can understand that this must be all too sudden and frightening but we are not your enemies.” Celestia tried to reason with the smaller white Alicorn. “Please try to understand. We want to help but you have to let us.” Celestia asked once more with the kindest voice she could find within. Her smile directed only upon the stallion before her.

“Please Uriel.” Apple Jack pleaded as she joined her efforts with the Princess beside her. Every pony watched as a few deathly quiet moments had passed before Uriel's horn which was alight with red energy slowly faded away. He let out a small sigh as he relaxed his four legs and lower his head slightly. “Thank ya Uriel” Apple Jack said as she stepped closer to the white Alicorn and placed a hoof on his back for support.

“Now,” Celestia began as she walked up to the two along with the rest of the mares. “I think the rest of us will need a little catching up from you two” She said with a smile as she lead the group to a different room.


“That was some story” Twilight said as she let everything sink in. The group sat around a table with simple platter of food and tea. “So not only are you not originally a Pony but not even from this land.” She tried to sum up but she knew it did it no justice.

Uriel sat between the Princess and AJ as he tried to fumble with the simple veggie sandwich. How these ponies did anything was beyond him. As the sandwich fell back onto his plate for what seemed like the hundredth time he could only pout as he let his fore legs slide upon the table.

The mares could only try to stifle their chuckles but Uriel only rolled his eyes. Trying to sit back up straight he turned his head back to the Princess who also turned her head with a smile. “So Princess, what are we going to do? I want my life back where I was a simple human trying to pass his exams to get into a good university.” the white Stallion asked.

Celestia let the smile fade from her face and let it replace with something akin to sadness. Twilight couldn't help but to be sure something was amiss here. When Uriel would look away from the Princess Twilight would catch her mentor with the smallest hints of sadness. Twilight only manage to catch these subtle hints due to the time she has spent with her.

Before Celestia could answer however the tea pot began to move slightly. Everyone turned their gaze suddenly as the pot's lid moved and spoke! “Hm this quite the tea party you have here.” a well known voice spoke as the tea pot turned on the spot as if to observe everyone in the room. “Why hello again Uriel!” it greeted the youngest Alicorn.

“Discord” He practically growled back as he clenched his teeth. Uriel furiously stared down the tea pot as if to expect it to attack at any moment. “Not man enough to show yourself?” Uriel asked as he didn't even bother to move from his seat.

“Do you take me for a fool little one?” The tea pot spoke back quickly. “Celestia,” the pot turned to face the Princess. “did you tell your very special guest here?” Discord asked with a slight hint of playfulness on his voice.

Celestia didn't even bother to answer to the tea pot but instead remained silent. Her eyes focused intensely on the glass pot before her.

“Oh?” Discord said after a few silent moments. “You couldn't even tell poor Uriel that he's your very own son? Your own flesh and blood?” Discord asked as he finished with a sudden bout of laughter that caused the tea pot to shake until it shattered, spilling tea all over the table.

No pony could mutter a sound as every mouth was fully agape. Celestia could not even dare to look at the white Alicorn beside her as every pony stared at them. The only thing that was heard in the room was the steps that Uriel made for the exit.

“Uriel!” AJ shouted after him before looking at her friends who only nodded their head in agreement. The group stood up to chase after Uriel except for Twilight who remained firmly sitting across from her mentor.

“Is it true Princess Celestia?” Twilight asked as she slowly stood up to walk beside her mentor.

Celestia could only let out a breath she had held in herself. A single tear fell from her face as she only nodded her head. “I ask you of something dear Twilight that I thought I would never have too. I want you to lie to Uriel” She asked her student as she turned her head to look Twilight directly into her eyes.

“But why Princess?” Twilight asked in confusion. “Your son has returned to you! Shouldn't this be something to celebrate?” She asked trying to find something to remove this fog from her mind.

“No Twilight” Celestia said with anything but celebration to her voice. “For I have done something that still haunts me to this day. Uriel is better thinking he is just the human he wants to be” She tried to explain as she stood up herself knowing it was soon time to lower the sun. Stopping herself at the door she turned her head to her student mare. “Promise me Twilight Sparkle.”

“I promise Princess.”


Uriel was walking the streets with an angered expression easily showing on his face. The guards to the Canterlot castle just stood dumbstruck as the larger Pegasus Unicorn walked past without a word. Uriel's light blue and fire red mane easily swaying with each step as crowds of ponies gasped. Many bowed as if he was royalty which only caused his anger to rise.

“Uriel!” A voice shouted far behind him as stopped to see a group of ponies chasing after a trail that he left in the gathering crowd. He only huffed a breath as he ignored the cries. He began to walk away but it wasn't long until the group he had left at the castle were in front of him as the crowd gathered to watch.

“Uriel, you have to return to the castle at once.” Rarity tried to plead with the Alicorn as she began to notice many of the eyes on them.

“Leave me be” He simply said as he tried to walk forward. Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy and Rainbow only moved slightly aside but the white Alicorn soon found himself butting heads with a Earth Pony. “Move Apple Jack” Uriel said again but his words fell upon deaf ears and eyes that would bore holes into his.

The earth mare moved but not in the direction Ury had anticipated. AJ moved forward with a determined focus as the brim of her hat pushed up against Uriel's face. The two ponies now literally butting heads were pushing each other in a physical match. The crowd began to whisper and talk as they watched the spectacle before them. Uriel tried to push the mare back but soon found he was in turn being pushed back. AJ was steadily taking steps to push him backwards.

“Now ah understand,” She began as she didn't move her green eyes from his own. “this is all bein' a slight too much to be handling at once but running away ain't goin' to help sugar cube!” AJ tried to reason with the stallion. She gave one final push and found that Uriel had misplaced a step and in turn fallen onto his hind quarters. The crowd gasped as they watched a simple earth pony knock over a Alicorn.

Uriel stumbled to stand up however to quickly regain his foothold. He began to stare down AJ but found he had nothing to really say against her. He had always bottled up everything inside him and he had never really anyone to talk to after his father simply stopped living. Now that he has someone, or more like some pony, to talk too it seemed foreign. “I don't need help and I don't need advice” Uriel could only manage in a slightly more quieter tone then he had been using moments before. He turned to walk away before he heard AJ spoke.

“You promised” She said to Uriel's back.

“If we ever make it out of this mess I'll be happy to Apple Jack” The very words began to swarm in his head as he stopped his legs from walking. He let his head sink only so slightly as he was beginning to have a bad feeling. “Apple Jack I.” Uriel began until he could feel a small poke in his chest. Responsibility will never steer you wrong. Uriel could only let out a small sigh as he was giving in to defeat again. Turning back to see the five ponies before looking at him with caring glances, AJ's pierced him the most. “Apple Jack, I was still wondering if you had room for one more on your farm.”

Pinkie shouted with cheer as she bounced in circles while the rest of the mares let loose large smiles. AJ walked up to the Alicorn and gave him what he could only suspect was a hug. “Ah don't take too kindly to losing friends to Discord.” AJ said as she took a step back with slight red in her cheeks and a small smile. “You're always welcome to stay with mah family and ah as long as ya work” She joked before turning to rejoin her friends. A stunned Uriel just behind her as things were flying in his mind faster then a fighter jet.


“It has been decided” The tall Princess Celestia announced as she stood in front of the large double doors to her throne room. Before her were the six mares and Uriel who still wore a unpleasant look upon his face. “Due to Apple Jack's family on vacation in Appaloosa for a week, you will be admitted there Uriel. At all times there will be two of you six to look over him since Discord obviously is still wanting whatever is locked away in his mind.”

Uriel watched the six mares look at him with a smile as he shuttered slightly. He could only imagine what ideas these ponies had for their new 'Prisoner'.

“The train awaits for you seven.” Celestia said as she smiled to her subjects below her. She watched as they turned towards the exit except for Uriel who still watched her with judging eyes. The group of mares finally noticed as they turned to watch the two white Alicorns look at each other. Twilight could see the despair growing inside Celestia.

“I no longer care if you are my actual mother or not.” Uriel said as his stern eyes didn't move for even a second. “All I want is to go home Princess.” Uriel said as he turned without waiting for an explanation. He passed the group of mares not even acknowledging any looks. The guards at the gate eagerly moved out of the way as Uriel lead the way. Celestia could only watch as the group disappeared from view.