• Published 17th Dec 2017
  • 1,148 Views, 3 Comments

Hearth's Warming in Klugetown - Zenitram Nadroj



Twilight Sparkle and her friends are about to celebrate their first Hearth's Warming since the defeat of the Storm King, but not knowing that their new friends have never heard of this holiday and decide to bring the holiday to them.

  • ...
3
 3
 1,148

No Creature Cheer

The friends travel through Klugetown to find their hippogriff friends. And they're bracing themselves for what could be around the bends. They hope to find them and return home with saving graces, until they soon notice some more familiar faces. Up ahead out of the blue, there was Captain Celaeno and her pirate crew.

"Ahoy there!", Celaeno says.

"Celaeno, long time, no see.", Rainbow says as they bump claw and hoof.

"What brings you here?"

"I was just showing our new friends where the center of Klugetown was.", Capper says.

"What are you all doing here?"

"Me and my crew were being aware of thieves. They're trying to steal Queen Novo's presents."

"What?! She gets a cake and presents?!", Pinkie shouts. "That's it. We really need to find them and give them a good talking to."

"Hey is there anything to carry these presents in, we've been carrying them since we got here."

It was true. They were carrying them to the hilt. So Discord snaps his fingers and a wagon is immediately built. They marvel at the creature that made the wagon for the gifts. And once they were all there the draconequus gave it a lift.

"Thank goodness. I thought our arms were gonna fall from their sockets.", Celaeno says.

"Well it is an honor to meet you and your crew, Captain.", Discord says.

"So, Capper, which way were we going?", Starlight asks.

"It was that way.", the cat says.

"I hope that cat knows what he's doing.", Celaeno says.

"Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.", Cadance replies.

They traveled deeper and deeper into this decrepit land, and they just found more buildings and more vendor stands. They were about to call it quits when suddenly Capper took a whiff. He then recognized it. It was the scent of a hippogriff.

"Hey, gang, I found them.", he announces. "They're this way."

"Follow that cat.", Celaeno shouts.

They follow the cat and there, they enter, the place they were looking for, the Klugetown center. Capper finds the source and what do you know? The scent was coming from Princess Skystar and her mother Queen Novo.

"Skystar!", Pinkie shouts.

"Pinkie Pie!", Skystar shouts.

The pony and hippogriff bolted out as swiftly as blades and they gave each other a hug like they haven't seen each other for decades. The hippogriff queen approached the hugging pair and what she sees up ahead are the dragon and other mares.

"Oh, hello again.", Novo says. "I actually wasn't expecting all of you to be here."

"Hello again, Queen Novo.", Twilight says and she and the others bow to her.

"And I see Celestia, Luna and Cadance came along as well."

The three princesses approached the hippogriff queen. And they gave her a hug each, trying to to make a scene.

"Still looking as royal as before.", Celestia quips.

"It's all thanks to my personal seaweed rap.", Novo says. "I tell you, that Jamal really knows how to find the right spots."

"Hey, what are we, chopped liver?", Capper asks.

"Oh, right. I almost forgot about all of you. You're Capper and Celaeno, right?"

"It's Captain Celaeno, actually, but yes.", Celaeno says.

"I already know you two so well."

"The feeling is mutual, Your Highness.", Tempest says.

"Here's your cake and presents, by the way.", Grubber gestures.

"And who are they?"

"Let me introduce them.", Twilight insists. "This is my brother, Shining Armor, my niece, Flurry Heart, my friend and former student, Starlight Glimmer and this is our other friend Discord."

"Hang on. That thing is your friend?"

"I'll have you know that I am the lord of chaos, thank you very much.", Discord says. "You better be aware of what I can do."

"Twilight has told me a lot about her adventure to find you.", Starlight says.

"Well it's nice to see that someone has been learning from their mistakes."

"Don't remind me, please.", Twilight says blushing.

"What are you all doing here?", Skystar asks.

"We all came her to ask if you got the invitations I sent you"

"All I've gotten were soggy pieces of paper."

"Soggy pieces of paper?"

"Pinkie, have you actually tried using waterproof ink for the invitations?", Cadance asks.

"Um....no.", she says embarrassed. "Anyway, why you haven't come to Ponyville for Hearth's Warming?"

"What's Hearth's Warming?"

Pinkie laughs and guffaws at what her friend had just told her. She thinks that joke was funnier than her other jokes she told were.

"That's funny, Skystar.", Pinkie says.

"No. Seriously, what's Hearth's Warming?"

Pinkie then realized she was telling the truth. And it was more painful than her rotten sugar tooth.

"You really don't know what Hearth's Warming is?"

"No. Why do you think I asked?"

"Actually, I've never heard of Hearth's Warming.", Capper says.

"Neither have we.", Celaeno says.

"Gee, don't any of you celebrate holidays?", Shining Armor.

"Well other than my birthday, no. We've never celebrated any other holiday.", Novo says.

"Oh, my goodness. This is more serious than I thought.", Twilight says.

Twilight and the others were all in dismay. They learned that they not only never celebrated Hearth's Warming, but never celebrated any holiday.

"You all never celebrated any holiday ever?", Spike asks. "So what do you all do together?"

"Well I don't have anyone to celebrate with.", Capper says. "I lost my home and all of my people to the Storm King."

"I still have some of my crew. But we never knew what it's like to get together as a family.", Celaeno.

"As for me. I've been working for the Storm King for so long, I completely forgot how Hearth's Warming is celebrated.", Tempest says.

"I just eat cake and that's it.", Grubber says.

"Now if you'll excuse us, we have a birthday to attend.", Novo says. "Come along, Skystar."

"Sorry, Pinkie. We can catch up after the party.", Skystar says.

Twilight and the others have never seen anything like this. They all have never had time for days of bliss.

"Sorry, Pinkie. I guess they aren't interested in spending the holiday with us.", Twilight says.

"I guess not.", Pinkie says as her mane and tail wither.

And just when they were about leave the town, Pinkie Pie gets an idea giving her a smile bigger than a clown.

"Guys wait, I got an idea."

"What is it, Pinks?", Spike asks.

"Since they've never heard of Hearth's Warming, why don't we bring Hearth's Warming to Klugetown?"

The others were skeptical about the mare's plan. Twilight Sparkle tried to understand it as much as she can.

"Pinkie, are you sure this is a good idea?", she asks. "Look around you. Do you really think this is the type of town that can actually like a joyous holiday?"

"I know it so sudden, but just hear me out. Skystar is my best friend. And giving her and the others this holiday has to be the most nicest gift to give them. Come on, Twilight let's help them. Pleeeeeeaaaasssssse."

"Alright, we better go back home and make an announcement."

Pinkie hugs the alicorn with much delight. And decided to make a plan when she's at home tonight. She approaches the group and informs them her suggestion. But the idea that they heard does make them question.

"You'd really bring this holiday to this run down town?", Capper asks.

"Of course, it'll be easy-peezy.", Pinkie says. "It will be the biggest Hearth's Warming we've ever celebrated. Just meet back here tomorrow morning and we will show you the magic of this day."

"Alright. If you say so.", Novo says. "I just hope this won't be a disappointment."

"I pinkie promise we won't let you down. Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye."

"OK, we'll see all of you tomorrow.", Skystar says.

They all get on Discord's train and head back to Ponyville, for they have to be ready for a promise they need to fulfill. Celestia and Luna wrote scrolls to the citizens and for some reason, Pinkie suggests to make the scrolls smell like cinnamon. They then went to bed to prepare for the next morning. However, Pinkie doesn't sleep a wink for tomorrow was the day before the day of adorning.