• Published 5th Dec 2017
  • 1,033 Views, 5 Comments

Messy Equestria Girls - The Dark Wolf



The Equestria Girls all get very dirty.

  • ...
12
 5
 1,033

Sunset and Twilight's Mud Pit

Author's Note:

This chapter might be similar to one in the Messy Sirens story, but as that one was rated T for some suggestive content, which this one lacks, I think it's all right.

Usually whenever it rained, Twilight Sparkle would bring an umbrella (and pack a spare in case it got blown away). This was when she was trying to walk to a destination. Even when the rain had already soaked her in seconds.

But, after witnessing Rainbow Dash walk in the rain on the last rainy day, she was curious why she liked it so much, what it was like to walk in the rain for fun. She didn't really have anything else to do today.

Changing out of her usual outfit into a light blue T-shirt and short purple shorts with stars on them, she was about to go, when she remembered Sunset was sleeping over today.

Sunset was currently in the kitchen eating cereal for breakfast, wearing a white and pink T-shirt and a pair of tight jeans.

"Hey Sunset," said Twilight. "I'm going out for a while. I got a little curious after watching Rainbow Dash walk in the rain last week, so, I'm gonna try it. Just for fun."

"I'd like to try it too, if that's all right," said Sunset.

"Haven't you done it already?"

"I was in a rush to get to school then, and there was thunder, and I was being chased by dogs and falling into holes. I'd be up for a more fun walk in the rain. It'd be something new."

"Great!"

They walked outside, and the hard rain soaked them the second they set foot outside.

They walked along a sidewalk at the side of a road that didn't have houses beside it. As they walked beside a deep puddle on the side of the road, a car drove by and splashed them. So they walked off the side of the road onto the field.

Maybe not if they had other things to do or were running into trouble, but this walk in the rain felt nice. For both of them.

Then, the rain stopped, and the clouds parted to reveal the sun. A rainbow appeared in the sky.

"Look at the rainbow," said Sunset, and she and Twilight stared at it.

They did not stop walking, however - and too distracted with the rainbow, they didn't notice what was right in front of them. With a shriek of surprise, Sunset and Twilight fell into a deep mud pit.

"Next time, we'll stop when we look at the rainbow," moaned Twilight as she sat up and wiped mud off her glasses.

Sunset sat up and rubbed her head. "Yeah, that would be smart. Now let's get out of here."

Sunset and Twilight tried to climb out of the pit, but it was too deep and the mud was too slippery. Before they could even reach the top, they slid down back to the bottom.

They tried again, and again, but kept slipping, sometimes falling backwards. By now they were both completely covered in mud, but they were more concerned with getting out.

"Any ideas?" said Sunset, sitting down.

"We could try to get as much mud from the walls onto the bottom as possible," said Twilight. "That way it might get high enough for us to climb out."

So Sunset and Twilight started scooping mud from the walls of the pit downwards. Getting more mud all over themselves, but it didn't really make a difference in their current state.

After a few minutes, they realized they weren't accomplishing much.

"My hypothesis was incorrect," said Twilight. "The mud isn't making the floor much higher. And there isn't really enough of it on the walls."

"So, what can we do?" said Sunset. "Wait until the sun dries the mud into dirt? It isn't the hottest summer day, so that might take until the evening. Maybe even tomorrow."

"Wait! I've got an idea. You give me a boost, then I'll pull you out."

"That might work."

Sunset stood by the wall of the pit, and Twilight, who was lighter, stood in front of her. Sunset lifted Twilight above her, which would be easier if she had Applejack's strength.

Twilight climbed out of the pit, and then held out her hands for Sunset.

Sunset jumped up and grabbed her hands. She put her foot on the side of the pit. But, her muddy hands slipped out of Twilight's, while her foot slipped upwards, causing her to let go and fall backwards into the very muddy bottom of the pit with a small splash.

"Not again!" said Sunset as she sat up.

"Let's try again," said Twilight. "We almost had it. Just be careful not to slip."

Twilight reached for Sunset again. Sunset grabbed her hands and Twilight pulled, planting her feet firmly on the ground so she couldn't slide back in. They kept a firm grip, and as Sunset used her feet to help her climb the side, she was careful not to slip again.

And Twilight pulled Sunset out of the pit.

"We did it," said Sunset. "We're out."

"See that post over there?" said Twilight. "Let's tie a rope around it and put it in the pit in case we ever fall in there again."

"In case anyone ever gets too distracted to fall in there again.

"What's something like that even doing in the middle of a field?"

"I don't know. Now, let's wash up."

"Too bad it's not still raining."

They giggled.