• Published 27th Nov 2017
  • 598 Views, 9 Comments

Ponies vs Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories - Lucky Star Kona-chan



The ponies have the chance to experience a peculiar game that seems nice enough, but soon it will become a nightmare.

  • ...
 9
 598

Chapter 2: Getting Started.

That night, five of the six elements laid comfortably on their beds, with a day of work done they wanted to relax some and also finally test the gift given to them by Konata.

That was the plan, but Rainbow didn’t make to the established hour.

“It’s 8:03 already! Where is she!?” an exasperated Twilight asked.

“Calm down, Twilight. I’m sure she is just a little late, besides nopony can be that punctual all the time.” Rarity pointed out.

Twilight let out a tired sigh. “I know, I guess I’m kind of antsy because I don’t know how this will go.”

“Don’t worry Twilight! Koni gave this to us so we can experience more fun things, it’ll be alright!”

Then their Magical Visions received a new signal.

“Sorry for the delay guys.” Rainbow said.

“Finally, what were you doing Rainbow?” Twilight asked.

“Had to put some food on here.” She said while rubbing her barrel.

Some of them rolled their eyes.

“Alright, shall we start?” Twilight asked her friends.

“Yeah, let’s kick some flank!” Rainbow replied.

“Ooooh! This will be so much fun!” Pinkie added.

The others opted for just nodding.

“Ok, let me get the manual and…” she levitated the manual in front of her, “there we go, first like Konata said this morning let’s place the card with the game on its corresponding slot on the front with the logo facing upwards, push it until you hear a click sound.”

The mares took their cards and push them on the slot were its supposed to go, soon enough a round of clicks were heard.

“Good start, now we need to press the red button to turn it on.”

They did as said and pressed the red button, as the screen projected in front of them, they heard an ominous sound with the logo of the game station followed by a black screen with Ingrid’s face on the middle and the words “this version of the game is brought to you by Álfheimr’s university of magical artifacts and research.”

“Rabbit Twilight sure likes to rub her ego into other's faces,” Rainbow said nonchalantly.

AJ rolled her eyes, “Ya just mad at her because ya got caught looking at the other’s sheets in that test thingy ya took.”

“Hey! She targeted me from the start!” Rainbow countered.

“That doesn’t sound like something Miss Ingrid would do, she is a great teacher and you just probably weren’t able to keep up.”

“Of course book worms will defend each other.”

“Girls please, this was a rather tiring day, let’s not sour it anymore with pointless arguments.” Rarity suggested, but it sounded more like an order.

The discussing mares stopped and groaned internally, “Fine…” the two said at once.

“Perfect, now can we proceed?”

Twilight sighed again, “Next thing we need to do is, get our controllers that are on the back of the game station.”

They looked at the back of the game station where a little compartment was located opened the little door and took what appeared to be a bent pad.

“What?” they said in confusion.

“Emm, according to the manual this pad is the controller, unfold it to see the controls.”

And that they did, upon unfolding they noticed the pads had their coat color and as detail had their cutie marks on the top right corner.

As for the controls, on left where four arrows pointing left, down, right and up. On the middle were two little buttons one labeled select and the other start. On the right were four more buttons which contained the symbols x, ○, ∆ and □. And finally on the upper part four buttons two on the left with L1, L2 and R1, R2 on the right.

“Ok, now what?”

“Everypony, press start.”

They pressed start, and a new logo appeared.

“Konami? What is that?” Rainbow asked.

“Probably the company that originally made this game?” Twilight replied.

After the logo passed, “Konami Computer Entertainment Japan” appeared on the screen. After that, a pink light illuminated a spiraling purple portal with rays of light zooming towards the screen. Then a card materialized on the middle, and spun towards the screen changing the scenery to a weird eye on a wall with fire under it. Then some strange letters appeared before the words “Yu-Gi-Oh!” attached over them. Moving up some, the words made space for “Forbidden Memories” to appear under it. After some moment the fire rose to cover the screen and the image changed to a gray wall with hieroglyphics, the logo of the game on the middle and the words “Push Start Button” pulsing below.

Music: Main Menu

“Alright, now-“

“Just push start.” Rainbow deadpanned.

“I wasn’t-“

“You were going to say; ‘now you have to push start girls’ and you can’t deny it.” Rainbow pointed out and Twilight pouted.

They pressed start and five new options appeared, “New Game, Load, 2P Duel, Trade and Option.”

“Can I continue to explain the basics Rainbow, is that ok with you? Or we need another clever remark?”

“Just do it fast, you take forever to explain things.”

Twilight groaned, “Very well, since all these options are self-explanatory I can skip their meaning. Now for the controls, the arrows are self explanatory too, the x button is for confirming our selection, ○ is for cancelling, ∆ is only used to check the cards descriptions and □ does the same as x but here says to not use it because it’s glitchy on gameplay and could possibly crash the game. And-”

“Let’s start already.” Rainbow said and pressed x to select “New Game” the others followed suit and Twilight sighed but went along.

Music: Input Name Menu

The words “Input your NAME!” appeared on a text box on the bottom.

“Hmm, it seems we have just 6 spaces for our names.”

“Well, Ah’ve mah name decided.” Applejack said while typing A.J on the menu.

“Me too! me too!” Pinkie shouted repeatedly, and then an ear ripping ringing sound was heard, it was Pinkie writing her name in a second, how did she managed to accomplish that when the game has a fixed speed for the cursor? We shall never know.

“I have to admit this game knows how to treat a lady by letting her use her name.” Rarity said while typing her own name.

“I think I’ll go with R.D then-“

“Not so fast Dashie, I dare you to use “Dashie” as your name in-game!”

“What!? No way I’m doing that, Pinkie.”

“What’s the matter? Are you a chicken?” Pinkie then did some chicken noises.

“You think I’m afraid!? Then you’re wrong! Check this out!” Rainbow sounded defiant, but she cringed at every letter while she wrote “Dashie” in the menu.

Fluttershy, who finally poke out her head from below the covers. Oh right, Fluttershy cowered in fear at the loud ominous sounds of the intro and the Main Menu theme.

Anyways she slowly typed her name, “Shy…”

“Emm, Fluttershy. Did you typed an ellipsis in your name just now?”

“Umm… yes. Was that wrong?”

“No, just saying.”

“Oh… It’s ok.”

And Twilight after going on and on about her name, she decided to go for “Twily.”

“Ok everypony let’s confirm our names.”

Everypony selected the “Yes” option on the confirmation window.

Dash felt her pride slowly creeping away from her as she did this.

After confirmation the message “Your duelist code has been recorded” appeared. Then “You cannot DUEL or TRADE with the same DUELIST CODE.”

“Ok, that makes sense.” Twilight said.

After that the screen faded to black and they heard some steps, moments later a figure appeared.

“Somepony seems to be looking for something.”

The screen faded to a close up of the figure.

“This is it…” appeared on-screen.

“Eww, this gentlecolt needs a spa treatment at once!” Rarity seemed disgusted at the face of this person.

“So, who’s the creep?”

“I don’t know Rainbow, probably an explorer?”

“I’ve found it at last…” appeared after another x press.

“Umm… at least he seems happy about it.”

“Tis’ fella doesn’t give me a good vibe.”

“The forbidden treasure of the ancient sorcerers.” Was next to appear.

“Wait, forbidden treasure? So he’s stealing it!” Twilight remarked.

“Told ya, Ah’ know a rotten apple when Ah’ see it.”

The view changed to a sliding image of some strange symbols and drawings with the message “Hahahahaha!” on the text box.

“Hahahahaha,” Pinkie laughed along, before pausing and looking at the strange stares her friends were giving her. “What? It was fun for him. Look he thinks so too.” Pinkie said pointing at the new laughing text on-screen.

The others face hoofed, except for Fluttershy who was hiding again.

“That pony is up to no good Pinkie.” Twilight pointed out.

Then the scene faded and loud music was heard showing the game’s logo again, confirming the start of the game.

Music: Introduction Title Screen

“And if he’s not?”

“We’ll know soon enough I think.”

Author's Note:

So the journey has begun, the duels will start from the next chapter.

Also like I said, I'll be emulating the duels in the actual game. So each one of the mane 6 has a different deck.

Now if you want to suggest a theme for each deck I'll take it into consideration, just to make it more fun.

With that said, I'll see ya in the next chapter guys!