• Published 27th Nov 2017
  • 596 Views, 9 Comments

Ponies vs Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories - Lucky Star Kona-chan



The ponies have the chance to experience a peculiar game that seems nice enough, but soon it will become a nightmare.

  • ...
 9
 596

Chapter 5: Pay back and being oblivious about Heishin at the festival.

Fluttershy cheered while her friends started their little farming, it wasn’t the most exciting thing but it didn’t go off without progress made by them. Twilight wanted to know how to do the combination technique, until Pinkie say “just press up, silly.” The mares face hoofed by the simple yet weird way to start this method of invocation.

The duels passed by fast, and many unsuccessful combinations were made, that didn’t mean they didn’t figure out some of them.

Rainbow had a hard time with them since her deck wasn’t very diverse in types to do a lot of combinations. Not that any of them knew that types and certain traits were the key for most of the combinations in the game.

After the farming was done and some of them got semi decent rewards (Rainbow got Griffore 1200/1500), they went back to the Duel Grounds for a little payback, except for Pinkie she was just at it for the fun.

Inside the Duel Grounds they started their matches, and easily defeated the first two persons, Rarity got a second The Judgment Hand from the second guy. Their duels against the young boy varied in difficulty, with Twilight and Pinkie being the fastest at defeating him, especially Twilight with her discovery of B.Dragon Jungle King’s (2100/1800) combination. Applejack and Rarity defeated him without too much trouble but they took longer, and AJ got Armored Zombie (1500/0) from her match. And finally Rainbow had the hardest time again because her deck had no variety in types.

Keeping their high spirits, they went against the final enemy; somehow their duels were even easier than the last one for some reason, even Rainbow who just got freaking Bean Soldier (1400/1300) as her only combination in that duel. Something they noticed was that as long as they had the control over the duel, their opponents would not do any combination plays.

Anyways after winning against the toughest opponents so far, and after Rainbow did a little victory dance saying “Who’s boss? I’ am!” They made sure that there wasn’t anyone else to duel against, after confirmation they chose to go outside so they could save their progress and maybe do some more free duels against the new opponents.

One selection after, the girl from before came into view and suggested for them to go and check out the festival in town plaza and probably meet Jono in there. With no options in the matter they went with her.

The change in scenery now showed some kind of monument fountain thing, “Wow… there’re lots of people around.” The girl said but only she could be seen in screen.

“Yeah… you have such a big crowd over there,” Rainbow said sarcastically.

“Ooooh… maybe they’re hiding behind the monument to the creepy gods?” Pinkie Pie said, nopony was sure if she mean it that way but who knows.

“Ok… Let’s keep on with the story shall we?” a creeped out Twilight suggested.

Continuing the conversation, they got told about the mages doing some kind of ritual march around the center piece of the monument, they didn’t thought much about it, but the girl said that is was awesome but spooky at the same time.

They all looked at Fluttershy, she shook her head. With a collective shrug they focused back on the screen to see the girl mentioning somepony named Heishin.

“I think Rarity could get along with this Heishin dude. Seems like her kind of company when she’s in Canterlot.”

“I know better than to go along with bitter gossip darling, maybe this pony is actually a decent individual and they’re just taking it the wrong way.”

“Rainbow, Rarity, don’t start a scene please. But I have to agree with Rarity, it’s not fair to judge somepony just by what others say about them.” Twilight added.

“Ah’d like ta be a little wary about nasty rumors though. She seems honest.”

“Let’s wait until we meet Heishin before jumping to conclusions girls, we don’t want previous mistakes are made again do we?”

Twilight heard a collective “Fine” as answer to her question.

Next they saw the girl talking about how it was more wholesome in her infancy and how the attitude of the mages went to worse making her question what happened in her world to become like that.

This made the ponies feel some sympathy for her, as they experienced some bad things over the years. After that, the girl asked if they wanted to go somewhere else, at which even without an option they nodded.

After a screen change, the girl said something about Jono dueling.

The screen changed again from black to an image of a blonde person and one cloaked with its back towards the screen and the blonde one saying “I… I lost…”

Rainbow laughed at him, earning disapproving looks from her friends.

The cloaked figure started his dialogue, and talked down the one in front of him.

“That person is not really nice…” Fluttershy said disapprovingly.

“Yeah, he’s so full of himself.”

“Like ya are one ta talk Rainbow.”

Rainbow deadpanned.

Twilight rolled her eyes.

Pinkie was eating a quesadilla and so on and so on.

Soon after the girl made them know that the blonde person was indeed Jono, and the now annoying cloaked person was still boasting his ego all over them. That was when Teana has she was called by Jono suggested to duel this person in order to shut him up.

The competitive ponies were more than ready to accept this challenge, the more level headed opted for passing this chance to go and save.

The ones who chose to duel, were disappointed because one masked person came and called the smug person to a meeting with Heishin. He set an encounter in the Duel Grounds and said to remember his name which was Seto.

The ones who didn’t want to duel him, got insulted and made fun of, until Jono defended them but in the process he set the duel anyways.

“So, no matter what, we end up dueling Seto anyways? Why do they give you the choice then?” Rainbow asked in confusion.

“Probably to have another motivation, because accepting is standing up for your friend. Refusing gets you insults and your friend defends you, seems a realistic situation.” Twilight explained.

“He could’ve done it without getting us in that nonsensical confrontation, it’s like I don’t appreciate the help of a friend but if I had the choice I would prefer to stay as far as possible from such unrefined individuals.” Rarity said.

“Ah’ don’t know Rarity, he seems quite fancy.”

“Oh please Applejack, don’t be fooled by cheap garments like those.”

AJ wanted to add something to that statement but decided against it.

“Well girls, since we got a duel awaiting us, we should prepare for it. Let’s do some free duels and call it a night, how does that sounds?” Twilight suggested.

“Sure thing, with our new skills we can totally get some awesome cards.”

“Umm… maybe just for a little while, I need to get up early to feed my animals.” Fluttershy said with a yawn.

With that they went to the game menus to farm for some cards before going to sleep.

Author's Note:

If only they knew that sometimes gossip is not just fake asumptions.

Oh well :pinkiecrazy: