• Published 27th Nov 2017
  • 626 Views, 1 Comments

An Equestrian Girls Comedy of Errors - Godzilla313



Comedy can ensue when the Dazzlings, their Human world doubles, an innocent caught in the middle of them, and random magic from Equestria seep through to create a nice comedy of errors.

  • ...
 1
 626

Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

After the spa they gathered at the mall center and started to discuss what they should do next.However, Cantata said, “I really need to look at some new dance clothes.”

Fluttershy then said, “Um, well, uh…I kind of need some as well.”

“Oh, darlings!” Rarity chirped happily, “I know just the store!Let me take you there.”

“I hear there is a new edition of a Daring-Do adventure game, and I want to check it out,” mentioned Sunset, to which Cabaletta and Dash said, “Hey, can we tag along?”

Sunset nodded as Twilight said, “Well, the book store has a new model of e-reader I’ve been looking to get.”

“I hear there are some sheet music song books in that store,” responded Andante, “It would help us with music from the era we’re emulating if we can find such in print.It would help us learn them faster.”

“Oh, they may just have that, or they can put that on order,” added Twilight, “Why not come along?”

She nodded, and AJ then said, “Well, ah really have to go.Mornin’ comes early on the farm, y’know.”

They all nodded as they said goodbye and AJ went her way.Since it seemed everyone was splitting up, Sunset said, “Why don’t we meet at the Sip n’ Sing after?We can mess around with some karaoke.”

They all gleefully agreed and split up.However, this didn’t go unnoticed.

The Dazzlings, concealing themselves, watched the split-up, and Adagio said, “Follow your doubles and get to know their behaviors, nuances, the way they dress…If we are going to make this happen, we must have them down pat.We need to get them out of the way, replace them, and use that boy, manipulate him, and get this world to adore us.With what these new gifts do, we would be empresses of this world, and then go back to Equestria and take that as well.We’ll rule two dimensions!Perhaps we can free the Lord of Chaos and really have some fun!”

With that, they split up and went to work.

In their splitting up, however, Starlight and Jack were still standing there, seemingly forgotten, but not having decided to go with anyone.The two looked at one another and shrugged.Jack then said, “I guess we can just go ahead to the coffee shop now.”

Starlight smiled and said, “Sounds cool,” and they headed out.The two walked silently for a time, and then Jack asked, “So, you really aren’t human?” and then wondered if that was wrong to ask, saying, “Oh, I’m sorry if that sounds too personal, or odd.”

She laughed a bit and said, “You know, this wasn’t the first time I’ve been in this dimension, but even then, the whole concept is odd.No, it’s not too personal.You see, somehow, the magic in the portal that I came through…”

“Magic,” he said with a chuckle, but with a hint of disbelief, “I still can’t get over the concept of it actually existing.”

“Well, in this world, Sunset said magic worked really different here,” pondered Starlight, “In my dimension, it’s far more controllable.Like I told you at the party, I’m a unicorn.Now, we all have some amount of magic as unicorns, but unless magic is your specialty, as it is for me, your magic is more focused towards what your talents and interests are.In any case, the portal I came through seems to have magic that understands the world into which you are about to enter and converts you into whatever your double is in that world.In my world, you could end up a pony, a gryphon, a hippogriff, a sea pony, a yak, a dragon, or one of a handful of other sentient beings in my world.Here, the only sentient being are humans, so, well, there you go.”

“I wonder what I would become?”

“Hard to say, but, getting used to being human was hard enough.I couldn’t imagine you emerging as a creature that could not use your forelegs…ugh…sorry, your hands, like you do here.Well, there are a pair of twins that came over from your world, who were actually ponies, but had been deposited in your world as infants, and from what I understand, it was a real hard transition.”

She looked at him thinking, and he said, “You aren’t seriously considering a visit, are you?”

He laughed and said, “Well, hey, if we did well here, maybe doing a show over there…But, that would require learning how to play instruments over in that world, and that would be a challenge.”

“That’s the understatement of the year!” she quipped, “But, you know about me, but you haven’t said much about yourself.”

He shrugged and said, “Not sure that there’s much to say.”

“But, don’t you have a famous great uncle?” she probed.

“Well, we know each other,” he pondered, “We’ve talked a handful of times at family gatherings and we do write from time to time, but that’s it.I mean, he’s my great uncle; he’s family, so that mean’s I’m not some fanboy.”

“But, doesn’t that cause some issues?”

“Meaning?”

“Meaning, do you get hounded?”

“Not by our generation so much, save for a few music fans.A couple of generations behind us, now that becomes interesting.However…”

He trailed off, and she saw the concern on his face.“Is there a problem?” she asked, genuinely concerned.

“Well, he’s 75 years old now,” he answered with a bit of a sigh, “And he’s announced his current tour Is going to be his last.He’s got Parkinson’s that becoming more of an issue, so touring is getting out of the question.”

“He’s 75, and still touring?” she said, “I find that amazing in itself.”

“Well, he’s one of the greats,” he added, “But, I never picked up his songwriting skills.I’m not much of a wordsmith.”

After a moment of silence, Starlight said, “Truth is, I really need to get familiar with the music of both this world, and the era in which we play.”

“Tell you what,” he offered, “How about the whole band come to my house and we can work on a playlist?Since we’ve decided to try out for the festival entertainment, we have to get a set together.”

“Make it a sleepover?” she added.

“Why not,” he answered, “Besides, my parents would not be so iffy on it if it was at someplace with one me and all girls in an unsupervised situation.”

“I thought you said you didn’t want to get into any relationships with the band?” she asked.

“And that still stands,” he answered, “But, I don’t think my parents would buy that so much, and it just keeps headaches from happening.”

“Sounds like a plan,” she said, and they went their way to the coffee shop.However, he was trying to keep feelings out, but she didn’t know what she was feeling.Sure, he was turning out to be a good friend, but she was beginning to feel something…just a bit more.Yet, she tried to push it out, considering that she had her own world to which she would return, and then there, she had a friendship with Sunburst; that was a relationship she was also not sure to where it was going.She pondered, “This world and the human world seem to be as confusing one with another.

At the clothing store, Cantata, Fluttershy, and Rarity were in the women’s section, looking at the dance clothes.Cantata and Fluttershy were just looking for some generic clothes, but Rarity was having none of it.“Oh, don’t be silly, girls,” responded Rarity, “You should always look fabulous, even when you practice.Looking your best, even if you’re alone, always goes well towards brightening your day.Now, let me look for something special.”

She drifted off a few isles, and it was at this point that Sonata came in.She had been trailing her doppelganger, hoping to observe her and learn her quirks and behavior.She was hiding among the stuff her hands on a couple of dance outfits when Rarity spotted just her head above the rack.“Oh, have you found something?”

“Have I…” Sonata started to mumble, not sure what she was meaning when she caught where Rarity’s eyes were, and she then said, “Oh, yes, I sure have!”

“Hmm…Not quite your color, dear,” answered Rarity, who then grabbed a dance outfit and said, “Now, this one suits you much better.”

She pulled it off and handed it to her, “Now, go put this one on and give it a try.”

“But, I…” stammered Sonata, confused, not knowing her counterpart was here for this purpose.Rarity, however, was wondering why she wasn’t going and said, “Now, now, no protesting.I know this will look good.”

Sonata shrugged and went to the dressing rooms; her lower body being hidden by the racks.As observant as Rarity was about fashion, she would have quickly both noticed and wondered why Cantata was suddenly in a different outfit.

At the same time all this was happening, Fluttershy and Cantata noticed a couple of different outfits, but Cantata wasn’t sure which one she wanted to try yet as Fluttershy said, “Well, I’m going to try on this one.I’ll see you at the dressing rooms.”

She took her outfit and went.A few moments later, she ran into Sonata and said, “Well, I see you found one.”

Sonata stared at her for a moment, not sure what she was talking about.She hadn’t seen her with her counterpart, so she was lost.Fluttershy then worried she’s said something wrong and got quiet, saying, “Oh, I’m sorry I assumed you had.Did you want to show me and ask about it?”

Doing her best to play it by ear, Sonata said, “Um…no worries.Yes, I’ll try on this one,” and headed for the rooms.However, by this point, Cantata had found a different outfit and headed for the rooms herself.Rarity finally caught up with all of this and awaited who she thought to be Cantata to emerge.Indeed, it was Cantata that did emerge, but not in the outfit she picked.“Wait,” responded Rarity, “That’s not the outfit I picked.”

“Oh, you picked one for me?” asked Cantata.

“Well, of course I did,” Rarity answered, “I gave it to you.”

“You did?” she answered, “I was with Fluttershy, and she picked one for herself, and I looked for a bit longer.”

“Um, are you playing a joke?” asked Rarity, not sure if she was being ribbed or mocked, but she said, “Well, that’s not a bad choice as well, but let me see you in the other, okay?” and went to get the other outfit.Cantata shrugged and went back to her booth awaiting Rarity.At that precise moment, both Aria and Sonata emerged, and Fluttershy spotted her, saying, “Oh, that looks real nice.”

“Um, and you too,” answered Sonata, just as Rarity came up with the same outfit and then looked like someone had slapped her.“Wait,” she sputtered, “A moment ago, you were wearing the other…” but put a moment of thought to it and said, “Oh, I see: you found the other going to the shed.Okay, well, I was right, that does look good on you.”

“Um, thank you?” answered Sonata, now confused at the odd behavior of Rarity.She then said, “Why not put back on the outfit you just had on and let me compare.”

“What are you talking about?” demanded Sonata, “This was the one you gave me.”

“But, yes, I mean…” Rarity was sputtering, lost now on the whole matter, “A minute ago…Don’t you still have… Um, Fluttershy, be a dear and hold onto this.I’ll be right back,” and went off to find that other outfit, her head spinning, not sure why Cantata seemed not to have the outfit she just had on.Sonata then went back to the shed and Fluttershy, now just as confused, decided to thumb around in some other outfits just as Cantata came out, spotted Fluttershy, and said, “Oh, that must be what Rarity was going to have me try.I’ll take that then, thank you.”

Fluttershy jumped a bit at the sudden emergence and change of clothes Cantata seemingly changed in a moment’s notice.Yet, she couldn’t get the words out as Cantata took the outfit and went to change.After a few minutes, she came out with the new outfit on as Rarity emerged with the previous outfit and said, “Oh good, there you are. Okay, here: try this on again.”

“But, that’s still in the dressing room?” she now answered all confused herself, “Why did you get me another?”

“What do you mean?” she answered, “You acted like…well, it was such…Ohh…I’m starting to get a headache.”

By this point, Fluttershy had moved to another isle, feeling very uncomfortable.Sonata emerged by this point, spotted Fluttershy, wondering why Rarity had not come yet, and said, “Where’s that other girl?”

“Other girl?” said Fluttershy, her nose now looking like someone had put something smelly under it, “Who are you talking about?”

“Oh, you know,” answered Sonata, and started going into Rarity’s voice and mannerisms, and Fluttershy then said, “Oh, Rarity?Wait, you know her name.”

Sonata now realized she might have just blown her cover, and said, “Um…yeah, I’ll just go wait for…Rarity…yes, that’s it,” and headed back to the sheds very quickly.At this, Cantata had her street clothes back on and was coming up with Rarity to Fluttershy, who then said, “Wait, how did you change so quickly?”

“What are you talking about?” asked Cantata, “I mean, it’s been some minutes.”

“Uhh…” moaned Fluttershy, “I think I’m getting a headache.”

“I know how you feel, darling,” muttered Rarity in return, who then asked Cantata, “So, which one?”

“You know, I like them both,” she answered with a smile, “I’ll take them both,” and led the other two to the checkout.Sonata, by this point, had changed back herself and slipped out, angered that she was not able to observe much.This was going to be harder than she thought.