• Published 27th Nov 2017
  • 625 Views, 1 Comments

An Equestrian Girls Comedy of Errors - Godzilla313



Comedy can ensue when the Dazzlings, their Human world doubles, an innocent caught in the middle of them, and random magic from Equestria seep through to create a nice comedy of errors.

  • ...
 1
 625

Chapter Fifteen

Chapter 15

The Dazzlings were up at the rise of the sun, and Adagio acted like a child on Christmas morning staring at the presents he knows are his and are still forbidden to touch until mom and dad came down to join in on the fun. She dragged the other two out of their satin sheeted beds and led the groggy pair to the limo. Adagio then had the car drive to specific locations, leaving particular notes, and then having the limo going to the high school. Once there, she then pulled out the other two who had gone back to sleep, and who were now protesting the zeal of Adagio. “Really?” whined Sonata, “Do we really have to take revenge this early in the morning? Can’t it wait?”

“Enough with your whining!” snarled Adagio, “For once you are going to get your priorities straight!”

“The bushes?” asked Aria, “Why are you leading us there?”

“For once, can you just trust me!” yelled Adagio, “Today is the day for revenge and conquest!”

With that, she dragged the pair into the bushes near the monument and awaited the victims to walk into the web.

Later that morning, Jack awoke and went to the kitchen to get some breakfast and coffee when his mother handed him a piece of paper. “I found this on the door when I looked out to see how the weather was this morning,” she said, “It has your name on it, so it’s obvious it’s yours.”

“Oh, okay,” he mumbled, opening the note. It read, “Dear Jack, I have an idea for a duet for today’s show, and I wanted to work it out before everyone gets to the festival. We’ll put it together with the other girls when they arrive. I think it’s going to bring down the house. See you then. Your dear friend, Starlight.”

Jack smiled, but then frowned a bit, knowing that, before the others did get there, he could talk about the day before and try to settle that matter before they performed again. “What is it, honey?” asked his mother.

“Oh, it’s Starlight,” he answered, “She wants to work out a tune before the show today.”

“Oh, that’s nice,” she said pleasantly, “Oh, and your dad and I are going to be there for the show today, and I can’t wait to see what you and those girls have done.”

“It’s your era of music, so I think you’re going to dig it,” said Jack, who went to get that first cup and hurry up with his breakfast so he could get ready to see Starlight.

Andante went out to get the morning paper and saw the note waiting for her. She picked it up, and it said that Sunset needed to meet her with Cabaletta and Cantata at the monument at the request of Principal Celestia. There was something important about the festival and their performance that day that they wanted the band to do concerning Canterlot High. There were a banner and a few other things she wanted some help to take to the festival, along with a few requests she wished to make. Andante grinned, nodded, and went back inside to text the others. Her oldest friends acknowledged this, but Starlight asked to be let go because she got a note from Jack asking to meet her at the “Hey, Burger!” for a breakfast meeting. Understanding from the day before, she figured it would be good for the two of them to talk things out and meet later. With that, she started to get ready for the show.

Jack finally arrived at the festival green room and walked in with his guitar. However, the place was empty, and he just shrugged and went in, figuring she had not yet entered. Starlight got to the restaurant and went in. The location was filled with early revelers preparing to go to the festival, and she spent some time looking for Jack. Not seeing him, she ordered a coffee and sat to wait for him.

Meanwhile, the human world Dazzlings arrived at the high school and at the monument. They were now confused as they were the only ones there. However, it was at this moment that Andante realized something was off. If Sunset had wanted to see them, then why didn’t she just text instead of leaving a note? Andante then was about to say that they should get out of there fast when Cantata asked, “Where is everyone?” to which the answer came in a voice she knew all too well. “You are not alone,” the voice said, “But who you are meeting might shock the senses out of you.”

The three girls wheeled around to see, well, themselves! They stood there slackjawed, not sure how to react, and before their minds could wrap themselves around the situation, Adagio signaled the other two, and they shoved in their doubles right into the portal. As they did, Adagio said, “Enjoy Equestria. Say hello to Starswirl for us!”

In a flash, they were gone. The chaos this would cause they knew it was going to make their master, the Lord of Chaos, happy beyond their wildest dreams. “Now,” said Adagio, “Let us go meet our bandmate and learn to get closer to our dear friend.”

Jack was waiting, pondering. He suddenly found it odd that Starlight had left a note instead of texting, but he wrote it off to either Sunset not bringing her up to speed on human tech, or it was something of a force of habit from her own world. However, before he could think more in-depth on the matter, the Dazzlings—THE Dazzlings—entered the room. “Oh, hi girls,” said Jack, “I was kinda expecting Starlight.”

“Don’t worry about her,” answered Adagio in a seductive voice, “We have something to show you.”

With that, Aria started some music on her phone, which was a karaoke version of “I Eat Cannibals,” and the three of them tore into the song with relish. Jack tried to say something, but almost instantly, Jack was under their spell. At first, he just stood their blindly, but then he started swaying to the music contentedly with a stupid grin on his mesmerized face. He was now eating out of their hands, practically pledging fealty to the three. “Come, my slave,” said Adagio, “I want you to watch us in action. We have so many more friends we want to join you, and we don’t want you straying too far from us.”

He nodded vigorously and with great anticipation as he followed them like a lost puppy.

Starlight was tapping all five fingers of her left hand as her right fist was planted squarely in her cheek, elbow on the table. (She would have been drumming her fingers if not for the force of habit from her pony nature.) She looked at the clock on the wall, frustrated, and worried she had been stood up. Starlight also then realized that she had to get to the festival soon to warm up with the others. She’d give Jack a mild rebuke for this later, but they had to get ready.

At this point, the Rainbooms stood on the stage, preparing to play. Folks were gathering, preparing to be entertained once again, but before anything else could happen, the Dazzlings came on stage. “What’s up?” asked Twilight, “Why aren’t you getting warmed up?”

“There’s been a program change, ladies,” answered Adagio, “From now on, the Dazzlings are running the show…permanently!

As if their minds were linked, all the girls suddenly realized, with a twist to their stomachs, that these were none other than their old foes. For an instant, they thought there was no threat due to their gems being gone, but only for a moment. The three started to sing out in a random harmony, and the broaches they wore began to glow. The word, “RUN,” began to form on Sunset’s lips, but it was too late. They were under the spell of the Dazzlings, and the three touched their broaches, ramping up the impact as they took the mics to have the whole crowd hear their song. Just as quickly, they were also under their spell. The three started to display their siren parts as their eyes glowed red. There was nothing anyone could do to stop it—no one!

Starlight began to approach the range where she could barely hear any music. However, instead of hearing the Rainbooms, as she expected, she listened to the melodic tones in acapella, and she was confused. Despite that, Starlight began to feel the faintest hints of euphoria as she heard, but she then shook it off and started to back off out of earshot as quickly as she could. In addition to this feeling, the sensation of it was all too familiar; she was feeling Equestrian magic! This was not right. Running it through her head of all they had been through, she started to put two and two together. The Sirens, or something similar thereunto, was now seducing the entire crowd, and anyone else in town within earshot of the singing. For a moment, she thought to find Starlight, but then remembered that the Rainbooms would be playing at this point, or should have been, which meant they were at ground zero, as well as her bandmates. She was alone, and in this form, powerless to stop it. Starlight fretted and paced for a few minutes, and she realized there was only one place she could go. With that, she rushed off to Canterlot High.

The girls were twirling and twisting, all disoriented and sick to their stomachs. It seemed like an eternity when it finally stopped, and their heads began to clear. As the blur began to clear, they looked around at the sizable room with the crystal walls and lab equipment, and it wasn’t long before both confusion and panic began to set in. The urge to scream out started to overcome them, but before they could, the doors swung open followed by a floating book and quill, that same quill was also floating and scrawling furiously across the pages of the book. Below could be seen four purple pony legs walking behind it, and a voice could be heard voicing out what was being written in the book. “Yes, I do agree that Starlight may have a big issue,” said the very familiar female voice, “Have her write in her journal so I can give her some advice.”

The approaching then turned left to reveal Twilight Sparkle contentedly jotting in her journal. She started to look at the mirror, looked back at the journal, and then she stiffened and snapped her head back towards the mirror in shock. Twilight could not believe what she was seeing! Once her senses had returned, she snarled, “YOU!” as the journal and quill dropped to the floor, and she turned swiftly, setting off an alarm spell that would reach the rest of her friends and Celestia. Twilight saw that they were not lashing out, but the more, they were floundering around at the rapidly changing situation. For the three, confusion reigned in their minds, not sure just how they were supposed to react. Twilight then said, “I don’t know how you got back here, but you are NOT going to cause trouble here!”

Just as she was saying that the other five arrived, and seconds after that, the princesses arrived with Starswirl in tow, having alerted him to the danger. The three new arrivals now had stopped being confused and sensed the danger they were in to focus on the forces now mounting against them. Starswirl then spoke and said, “I don’t know how you figured out how to get back here, but be assured of this: we are going to send you somewhere where you can never come back and spread your poisonous song ever again!”

The three now stared in horror and were paralyzed in fear and sensory overload, unable to react. Celestia, Luna, and Starswirl had their horns begin to glow, but just as they cast, the magic beams suddenly turned to a swarm of butterflies, and this was followed by an all too familiar voice. “My, my, my,” it said, “With all your reason, I never figured you to be so overreactive, Princess Twilight.”

There stood Discord, blocking the way to the trio now still too paralyzed to move. “Discord!” snapped Celestia, “Stand aside! We are not going to allow these three seductresses to cause trouble ever again!”

“Are you so sure that these are the Sirens that were banished?” responded Discord, “Your haste to act has caused you to miss one crucial detail that is missing from these three.”

He then stepped aside, pointing his taloned hand towards the trio. The horde massed against them then stood and looked, not sure to what Discord was referring. He let off a heavy sigh, and three Discord heads appeared on the spots where the Siren gems should have been and said, “Haven’t any of you seen why they are not singing right now?”

The head disappeared, and it then dawned on them what was the situation. At first, Discord then said, “So, you lost the source of your power, have you?”

Andante finally was able to loosen her voice and spoke as she said, “We are not them.”

All the others lined against them all shook their heads simultaneously in surprise to this response, and Andante then said, “We were forced here.”

Cantata then turned to the mirror now behind them and saw her reflection. She screamed and said, “NO! WE’RE HIDEOUS!”

The other two looked as well and then screamed as well. “WHAT HAPPENED TO US!”

As they spoke, Starlight came through the mirror and saw what was happening. She took a moment to gather her thoughts and said, “Whatever is going on, don’t do anything. I know who these three are, and they are not who you think.”

“And there you are,” said Discord, “Another witness.”

Starlight quickly began to explain, and then Twilight said, “This is horrible! We have to act!”

“But what can we do?” asked Rarity, “Did you not explain to us that using magic could not happen in that other world?”

“Well, I wouldn’t say that,” answered Discord, “You must remember that the Sirens were once my minions. There is one weakness I built into them just in case they ever decided to turn rogue against me.”

“And you didn’t mention this to us, why?” asked Twilight.

“Because, at the time, I wasn’t reformed,” answered a flustered Discord, “And after that, considering what you did with your friends in the other world, the threat was neutralized. What need was there to say anything?”

Twilight wanted to answer but then realized that he was right and said nothing. She then asked, “So, what is it?”

“The power of the Sirens can be overcome if there are singers with sweeter voices and music to counter them,” answered Discord, “What you have to do is find that singer or several, which multiply the effect, and you can defeat them. However, you must have singers that can wield Equestrian magic in this world.”

Starswirl then put some thought to that and then said, “Perhaps we can create something for our three visitors similar to what the actual Sirens would have had with their gems to enhance the effect?”

Twilight then said, “Wait, I have a gem forging spell in one of my books! Once we make them, then Celestia, Luna, Starswirl, Starlight, and I can cast what is needed to make them effective.”

“It would be a longshot,” pondered Celestia, “But it just might work. Besides, we really have no choice.”

They all nodded and went to work. There was no time to lose because there was an entire world was at stake. However, Starlight asked, “Are the three going to sing alone?”

“Who else?” asked Twilight.

“I want to help,” answered Starlight, “I have my…reasons.”

Twilight sighed and said, “Sunset filled me in. I’d really like to talk to you about that, but unfortunately, this isn’t the time.”

Starlight sighed and nodded and said, “Let’s get this done.”

However, as they worked, Jack was in the back of her mind but still stirring as she tried to sort out her feelings for him. There was more than one mess that had to be unraveled.