• Published 26th Nov 2017
  • 841 Views, 2 Comments

The Legend of Friendship - Outcasts - Danieru



Five inhabitants of Equestria that lived completely different lives decided to group up and swore to abandon this world. Now they plan to create a new one to archive what they longed for so long... Happiness...

  • ...
3
 2
 841

8. A New Friend?

One day after Tagma left Sole's farm...


Things began to get a little rough again. The little Changeling wandered through the grass fields of Equestria once again in the search for food or someone who could help him in any other way. Looking back into it, Tagma should have taken some vegetables from Sole's farm before he left it but since everything was happening so fast and out of fear that the three Changelings would chase him, he didn't even think about it. Right now, he realized that as well.

"Hungry!" Tagma shouted in his frustration as he dragged himself around, barely able to walk on his own legs due to the lack of energy.

It was almost funny how he found himself in a similar situation like one week ago. He couldn't help but smile at his misery.
To think that on a big grass field like this, he didn't come across a single pony. He seemed to be on a run when it came to bad luck. There was nothing but grass as wide as the eye could see and not a single pony in sight.

But at least that gave him enough time to think about the things that happened recently. To think that his life would have changed so dramatically in the last months was just unbelievable.

First, he was thrown into the chamber, being completely shut away from anyone without getting any love.
Then, Queen Chrysalis herself choose him to be some kind of love producing tool that would fuel all the Changelings because he was a special Changeling that could create love on his own.
Of course, that wasn't the life that he was looking forward to and if it wouldn't have been for that one Changeling who freed him, then he would still be imprisoned in there.
Suddenly, he found himself in Equestria without anywhere to go or a place to stay at until of course, he stumbled across Sole who was generous enough to give him food and even let him stay on his farm.
But with some Changelings chasing after him, living a quiet and happy life was clearly not easy and eventually, everything pointed to Tagma leaving the farm because of Sole's disappearance.

The moment, Tagma remembered Sole, he instinctively touched his yellow headband which belonged to Sole and served as his blindfold. He looked down to the ground and felt sadness inside of him. He was asking himself if he could somehow prevent him from leaving the farm or if it even was his fault Sole vanished. But Tagma shook his head and continued his walk. There was no point for him to sulk right now. He was all alone again and needed to find some kind of solution of how to deal with his current situation.

The moment he looked up again, he actually spotted something in the distance. There were some trees not too far away. Tagma was deeply praying that one of them was a tree with delicious apples hanging down from them so he ran towards them and took a closer look, suddenly having the energy to run at full speed because of that.

So far, there were no apples on those trees but he still had a few of them left to check so there was still hope. Soon, he found something else instead of apples. Under one of the trees, he found a sleeping pony who laid directly under it. Tagma was not too sure what to make out of this. It was the first pony he came across since he left the farm so he should be happy. However...right next to the pony, he saw a saddlebag which caught Tagma's full attention. This saddlebag could contain some food. This realization was what made the situation complicated for him.

He hid on the other side of the tree and began thinking about what to do next. He was hungry and right now, there was a perfect opportunity to get something to eat...possibly. The first thing that he planned to do was to just take this opportunity to steal the bag but this idea seemed to be coming from his empty stomach since he was not too sure if this was the right thing to do.

Maybe he could just ask for something to eat?
But what if this pony was not as friendly as Sole?
Would he attack him?
Those things circled around his head for a very good reason. He barely knew anything about the ponies of Equestria after all. He was well aware that Ponies are vastly different then Changelings. He even convinced himself that at this moment, Changelings are well deserved to be called a threat for Ponies. Because Changelings were bad and not the ponies.

He eventually thought of how friendly Sole was to him, even though Tagma attempted to steal from his farm. He knew that Tagma was a Changeling from the very beginning and didn't judge him because of that and accepted him as who he was and not what he was supposed to be. This thought put a smile on Tagma and he decided to be friendly as well. If he couldn't return to the Changeling Kingdom then he might as well try to get on good terms with the ponies that he would meet.

With that in mind, Tagma decided to simply ask for something to eat instead of scaring the pony. For that, he transformed into his black coated and maneless pony form. He didn't want to scare the pony after all. "Alright!" Tagma whispered, determined to pull this off. The worst thing that could happen, was that he wouldn't get any food and the best case scenario would be that he got another friend. There was not much to lose.

Tagma moved around the tree to start his approach with a smile on his face and attempted to start speaking. However, there was one problem. There was nopony to talk to anymore. The bag was the only thing that was still under this tree. "What the-" he said before he soon found out that he couldn't move his body.

Suddenly, he could feel the presence of somebody behind him. It was most likely the pony that slept under the tree a minute ago. Soon, he realized what was actually happening. The pony used magic to prevent him from moving. A dark blue aura was surrounding the Tagma and kept him in place. Tagma tried to say something but before he could even get one word out of his mouth, the pony used his magic to throw him a few meters away from the tree.

Tagma's head was spinning as he laid on the ground. He tried to get up but he got a little intimidated after he saw the pony now standing in front of him with a serious expression on his face as he literally looked down at the transformed Changeling.

It was also the first time that Tagma had a real close look on the pony in front of him. The pony turned out to be a Unicorn stallion with a dark purple coat. His dark blue mane was a little shaped like a "W" and had a yellow stripe in it. He also had a short dark blue tail with a yellow stripe in it. He also had dark blue eyes that he kept focused on Tagma. On is flank was a Cutie Mark that looked like a blue cloud of mist.

Even though Tagma was a little intimidated by how the Pony was looking at him, he still attempted to somehow start a conversation. "Uhh...what's up?" He said, greeting the Pony in front of him with an awkward smile.

The Pony didn't smile back and kept his guard up for any suspicious move that Tagma might try to pull off. This Pony certainly didn't look like as if he wanted to do any small talk with Tagma. In fact, he made a rather hostile impression on the Changeling.

Soon, Tagma got so intimidated that he apologized to the Pony so that he wouldn't get hurt. "I'm sorry!" He said nervously as he put his two hooves together in a praying like manner. "I just wanted to ask if you had something to eat! I'm so hungry!" He said, closing his eyes out of fear that something bad would happen.

The Pony's facial expression didn't change much but he seemed to loosen up a little. "Go away," he said before he turned around and grabbed his saddlebag with his magic, putting it on his back again. "I don't intend to share my food with anypony else," he added before he walked past Tagma and went on his way again.

Tagma was certainly not happy to hear this and frowned. His belly was growling and just hearing the Pony not willing to share any food made it even worse. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't even try to steal the food from this pony since his magic was too strong for Tagma.

Still, that didn't change the fact that this pony was the only one he met after leaving the farm. He might as well try to talk with him so that he might make a new friend even if they had a bad start. So Tagma followed the Pony right behind and started a conversation but as soon as he got too close to him, the Pony glared back at him, signaling him that he was not interested to talk with him. However, Tagma was not giving up so fast and approached the Pony further as soon as he looked away from Tagma again, much to the Ponies annoyance.

Eventually, the pony let Tagma walk beside him but he still had no interest to reply to him at all.
"What's your name?" Tagma asked...but there was no answer.
"Where are you going to?" Tagma asked...but there was no answer again.
"You don't like to talk, right?" Tagma asked further.

Soon, the Pony lost his patience and turned towards Tagma. "Can't you bother somepony else!? I told you to go away, didn't I!?" He exclaimed angrily, causing Tagma to step away from a few steps.

Talking with this Pony was clearly a waste of time no matter how much Tagma wanted to get to know him. He turned around and walked in the opposite direction to not bother the Pony anymore but he stopped after he noticed some figures up in the sky flying in his general direction. He quickly identified what those figures were and began to panic.

Changelings...

"Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no! I need to hide!" Tagma said in a panic. It was five of them. He barely got away from three back then and now there were five of them coming right this way.

The Pony, who was still a few meters away from Tagma was wondering why he was acting so strange and looked up to the sky, noticing the Changelings flying towards them as well but unlike Tagma, the Pony didn't panic at all.

They were still pretty far away and probably didn't even notice the two of them so Tagma did the best he could think of and climbed one of the nearby trees to hide in them. Maybe this way he could get away safely.

But luck was not on his side...

The Changelings dived down to the ground and prepared themselves to land. Tagma was watching them carefully and prayed that they didn't see him. None of them seemed to be one of the Changelings that ambushed him back then in the forest. To his surprise, the Changelings landed next to the Pony, who was not even trying to run away from them.

“We can smell him on you. Where is he?” One of the Changelings asked, trying to sound as threatening as he possibly could.

"What do you mean?" The Pony replied boldly and not fazed at all.

"Don't play dumb with us! He must have come across here! One of us!" Another Changeling said as he stepped forward a little.

"And what makes you think that I am, in any way, associated with one of you?" The Pony replied boldly again.

The Changelings began to get a little annoyed by this Pony's attitude. "Because he is a traitor! He escaped from our Kingdom and is now hiding beneath of your ponies!" One of the Changelings said angrily just thinking about this traitor. He then smiled a little. "Luckily, he is not the best when it comes to transforming. We were informed that he can't even transform properly. Supposedly, when he transforms into a Pony, he barely looks apart from us," he said amusingly, causing the other Changelings next to him to laugh.

"Is that so..." The Pony replied before he looked directly into Tagma's eyes who was still hiding in a tree a few meters away. As soon as their eyes met, Tagma's body began to shiver because of the realization that he might be done for now. The Pony then looked back at the Changelings with a smug smile on his face. "I still don't know what that has to do with me. I mean...It's not my fault that your kingdom is so poorly organized, right?" He then added smugly shrugging his shoulders in the process.

Needless to say, the Changelings were not happy to hear those words and quickly got angry. They prepared themselves to attack the Pony all at once and slowly shortened the distance between themselves and the Pony.

Meanwhile, Tagma lowered his head and looked away from the bunch in order to think. He couldn't hear what they were talking about since he was a little too far away but after he saw the Pony looking directly at him, he knew that he was in potential danger. "What is going to happen next? Will he tell them where I am? What should I do now!?" He whispered to himself. Judging from how he was threatened by this Pony before, there was no way that he would defend him in a situation like this. The only thing that he could do was to sneak away from all of them.

Tagma slowly climbed down the tree and hoped that none of them would see him. He got down to the ground safely and was now trying to walk away from them. But then he suddenly noticed how something came flying right towards him at incredible speed. He ducked and avoided getting hit by whatever was flying at him. Once he got up again, he realized that it was one of the Changelings that came flying towards him who was hitting the tree directly and was knocked out right now.

Wondering how it came to that, Tagma looked over to the Changelings and realized that the Pony's horn was still glowing. He must have been the one who sent that Changeling flying. The Changelings looked at how their companion was attacked like that but didn't notice Tagma due to their anger towards the Pony who dared to do that to one of them.

The Changelings began to hiss in anger and charged right at the Pony who stood there ready to take them on. One of the Changelings turned left and another one right while the remaining two continued to charge straight at the Pony. The two Changelings in front were almost close enough to attack the Pony but he used his magic to stop one of them in his track and threw him right at the other one, taking care of both of them at the same time.

Meanwhile, the other two remaining Changelings, from his left and right, jumped at the Pony as well. The Pony used his magic again and levitated himself up into the air, not only avoiding both of those Changelings but also making them crash into each other as a result.

The Pony landed on the ground a few steps away from the four Changelings and could only smile at their poor executed attack. "Now I am no longer surprised why one of you would leave your kingdom..." he said, mocking the four Changelings who hissed back at him because of those words.

Once again, the Changelings charged right at the Pony. This time they didn't split up and kept coming straight at him. The Pony countered this attack by levitating himself and throwing himself right at them, passing them in the process and now standing right behind them. Before the Changelings could even react to that, one of them was already blown away by a magic blast which caused the remaining three Changelings to react in surprise. The Pony kept firing magic beams at them and hit one after another until all of them were knocked out, flying right past Tagma who watched all of this in surprise.

The five Changelings were all knocked out and the Pony smiled proudly after he was done. Tagma walked away from the five Changelings so that he could make sure that they wouldn't see him.

The Pony noticed him and gave him a serious expression. "You are the Changeling who they were looking for, right?" He asked.

Tagma transformed back and walked up to the Pony. He nodded to answer the Pony's question. He then thanked the Pony for protecting him from those Changelings which caused the Pony to react a little confused. "Protect you? Don't misunderstand this. They were just getting on my nerves so I dealt with them. I could care less what happens to you," the Pony coldly replied before he was about to turn around to be on his way again. But something was still in his mind that kept him confused. "Still...I still don't get it. They didn't seem to have a really high opinion of you and even called you traitor. Why would they want to look for someone like that?"

Tagma was a little sad to hear this. It was obvious that they didn't care much about him and just wanted him back because Queen Chrysalis probably ordered them to. "It's because I am special..." he simply replied with a frown on his face.

The Pony looked at Tagma and noticed the sad expression on his face but he only gave a cold answer. "Alright..." he simply replied before he walked away again, not even bothering to talk with Tagma anymore.

Of course, this reaction surprised Tagma. "Wait...that is all you have to say to this? I thought you wanted to know the reason-"

"Yes. And I got my answer..." The Pony interrupted as he continued to walk away from Tagma. "I am not interested in your life story. I was just wondering. That is all," he coldly replied.

This Pony was really hard to approach. Tagma realized that a while ago. Still, he couldn't just leave. This Pony was strong enough to deal with all those Changelings and made it look like as if its nothing special. Staying near him would probably be a good idea unless he would decide to go after him instead. However, the Pony did not make the slightest impression as if he wanted company at all.

Tagma did remember how distant Sole was when it came to making Tagma his friend but he only did that so that he could protect him from his "Destiny". The Changeling figured that Ponies are probably a little bad when it came to something like that so he didn't give up on that Pony.

Tagma decided to slowly follow the Pony while making sure that he would not be spotted by him. However, that did not work as planned since the Pony was clearly aware that he was being followed. But instead of getting rid of Tagma, the Pony decided to just sigh and pretended to not see him. He was not really sure why he did that and got a little mad at himself for that but he still walked on as if nothing was wrong...

Author's Note:

If you read the main story, as you should have, then you should know who that Pony was that Tagma met. If not, shame on you!

Anyway, this chapter was a little shorter but I still hope that you enjoyed it and that you look forward to the next one.

See you all in the next chapter.
Bye!

Reading Order:

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 1 + 2(Chapter 1 - 53)

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship - Diary of The Storm Wings

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 3(Chapter 54 - 65)

Equestria Girls - The Legend of Friendship

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship - Outcasts