• Published 24th Nov 2017
  • 335 Views, 2 Comments

Birth of a Hero - ultspideyfan



Kaine has been The Spider-Mane for over twenty years. Realizing his time is up, he gives somepony else the mantle.

  • ...
3
 2
 335

Somepony New

It had been several years since that battle with Sombra. The Spider-Mane was nowhere to be found. 'Maybe it's for the better, but still, I feel like a great evil will be upon us soon. Better to be safe than sorry.' Kaine recalled last night's talk with his sister, Mary Apple.

"It's for the best Kaine. Your getting slower. Maybe it's best if you gave these powers to somepony else."

'She's right, somepony new has to be Equestria's next Spider-Mane, but who?' Kaine had been watching ponies, seeing if they had what it takes to be a hero, but so far, no pony had it. Kaine was watching his nephew, buck an apple tree. 'Maybe Peter deserves them. After all, he has that never stay down attitude.' Kaine watched Peter carefully. 'He certainly has what it takes to be a hero, but Mary wouldn't allow it.'

Kaine remembered when Mary told him about the time Peter had a black eye. When asked about said black eye, Peter responded with: "I was standing up for somepony and I took a punch to the eye." Kaine smiled when he heard that.

Peter was only seven years old, but he had a heart of a knight. Kaine thought he could blame Peter's friend, William Afton, for that, but he knew deep down, that's just how Peter was. 'Yeah, he's the perfect fit. Hopefully, Mary will agree.'

"Are you crazy?!!!" Kaine knew this was going to happen. "You want my son, who is only seven mind you, to have your powers?!!!!"

"Pretty much, yeah." Kaine had wished his sixth sense had worked on his friends too, but it didn't. And he ended up getting slapped across his face. "Look I know what you're thinking, your big brother has finally lost his marbles, but listen to me." Mary finally calmed down, she took a seat on her couch, Kaine doing the same.

"Why Petey?"

"Peter has a lot of guts Mary. He's just like Spider-Mane! He cares about others when he should care about himself. He just needs to be pointed to the right direction for a while and when his powers unearth. Mary please, Equestria needs Spider-Mane, and Peter's the only one fit for it." Mary looked down at Kaine.

"Fine, but you're responsible if he dies. Do you understand Kaine?!"

"Yes ma'am. You won't regret this!" Kaine galloped out of the castle, straight for Sweet Apple Acres.

"I feel like I already have."