• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 783 Views, 0 Comments

My Week In Equestria - Starlight_Stories



A 13 year old kid gets sent to Equestria and has to survive there for long enough to get home.

  • ...
5
 0
 783

Chapter 5: The Desert

I awoke apparently with them thinking I was fully dead, because I was being carried by Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Starlight. We were over a desert, and I could see, but I couldn’t speak. Then, I was dropped, to the ground, none of them were trying to catch me, but I could she Rainbow and Fluttershy crying over what they were doing. Starlight looked sad, but he wasn’t crying. I fell, and fell, by the time I hit the ground and rolled to a stop, because I landed on the side of a sand dune, Rainbow and Fluttershy were slowly flying down to me. I could see they were both extremely sad, and Starlight, with them, began crying too. Rainbow and Fluttershy hugged my motionless body and I was still trying to yell out to them “HEY! I’M ALIVE! THERE’S NO NEED FOR THIS! I’M ALIVE!” They let go of my body and then cried into Starlight’s mane, as I continued to try and yell out “I’m alive! I am! There’s no need to leave me here! I’m still alive!” I could see Starlight struggle to leave me here, because he saw in my motionless eyes, a glint of Lime Green, but I had to remind myself that he wouldn’t notice that I’m alive, even through that. I continued to try and yell out “I’m alive. Don’t leave me here alone. Rainbow? Fluttershy? Starlight? My twin from another world? Don’t leave me here to rot. Not after what I’m doing for you all. I was going to give up my own life, to save you, but now, yet again, I ask myself ‘What is my life truly worth?’ Is this how it all ends?” I couldn’t manage even a sound out as they flew away. Then, when they were long out of sight, and out of hearing range, I regained ability of movement, speech, and sight. I got up, and said out loud to myself “One desert, to the next, but all greatness starts from small beginnings. I have to try. If I die on the way, then I say end Shayne and John, my twin, will die as well.” I began walking the way that Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Starlight flew off in. I have no idea how long it’ll take me to get back. I tried to remember the day, it’s Friday, and I still must get back to them. I know what Shayne and John’s plan are. To rid of me, they say it’s just to get me off of the pony’s hands (hooves), but they always do worse. They’ll just kill me, or try to kill me, and if they do, they’ll just kill off the ponies after me. “I have no choice. I must end Shayne and John here.” I said to myself. I then began running over the sand dunes as fast as I could, gaining energy from the element that no one sees. The element with no name, other than the name Element 115; That’s how I get energy, not from the sun and moon, but from that element; The same element that powers the Elements of Harmony. If only I could the mane 6 to blast me and then I’d have enough power to save this entire world, and myself. Right now, though, I have to get to them first, because John has the same power as me.

Hours passed, still desert, I swear I just saw some of the ponies running ahead of me, towards where I need to go. I have this strange feeling I’m being watched though.

A few more hours have passed, still no signs of life. I’m turning around every three minutes or so. I need to move faster, or at least find out what is watching me, and soon.

I’m running now, three hours ago, I wasn’t rushing, but I now know there’s something behind me. I’ve seen it, and it ain’t pretty. It’s hard to describe, so here’s my best. It’s a huge worm with razor sharp teeth, and I thought that most things here on Equestria weren’t that deadly. It looks like it’s about 200 feet long, 25 feet wide. IT’s like the Rob Zombie song, Dragula. “Dead I am the one, exterminating son. Slippin’ through the trees, stranglin’ the breeze… Dead I am the sky, watchin’ angels cry. While they slowly turn, conquering the worm. Dig through the ditches and burn through the witches, I slam in the back of my Dragula!” Sorry, I got carried away. Although, I ain’t going to die first, so, one plan. RUN! I ran, dodging it as best as I could, every 5 minutes I’d get blasted into the air from it landing behind me to EAT MY FLIPPIN’ FACE OFF! I kept yelling out “NO! NO! YOU AIN’T GONNA EAT MY DAMN FACE YOU FLIPPIN’ WORM! FACE EATING IS NOT PERMITTED! HOLY SHI-! OKAY! YOU CAN EAT SHAYNE! HOWS THAT! GOOD? NO? SHIT! NO EATING MY FACE I SAID! ALL RIGHT! IF YOU WANT TO EAT MY FLIPPIN’ FACE, THEN YOU’LL HAVE TO DIE FIRST!” I turned, unsheathed my two handed sword, and jumped over it as it lunged out from the ground. My sword right cut a split into its armor, I let the sword slice straight through it until it stopped, then I took the sword and stabbed straight into the dirty beast, and I do mean dirty, because it smelled. Note I said “had.” I ripped apart the rest of its armor, stabbing it in many other areas, in case it was still alive. I jumped off of it after I knew it was dead. I said, “Well, one problem done, now to get to Ponyville. I’ve got to move fast, too. If I want to… get…back…before… midnight… AW, COME ON! YOU’VE GOT TO BE SHITTIN’ ME!” I turned and found three more giant worms. I gave up and just ran.

After being blasted forwards at least sixty to seventy times, I reached the Everfree Forest. “Oh thank god, and Celestia, and Luna, and Luck.” I said as the giant Worms turned back to leave, except one. “YOU! GIANT WORM! SCREW OFF! GO!” I yelled at it, but it lunged at me instead. “NO! NONONONONONO!” I yelled running back to Ponyville, the worm still following me.

Reached Ponyville, and realized that Everypony was panicking. I jumped at one of the buildings, jumped back to the worm and my sword extended when I pressed a button on the side of it. I then slashed through half of the worms head and body. I made a very ‘pretty’ sight, sarcastically speaking. I pressed the button again and my sword shrunk to normal size. I walked into Ponyville, to the town square, and stood there, looking into the fountain. I noticed a glint in the sky; it was the ship, the main Fleet Runner Ship. Shayne’s ship, John is on it as well. I also heard shuffling, hooves beating on stone, wood, and metal. “It sad when I can hear the entire town’s hooves beating on wood, stone, and metal.” I said. I turned around, and Celestia landed in front of me, with Luna landing beside her. “If you’re here to throw me in jail, there’ll be no need to. I’ll be leavin’ in a few days. Along with the lives of Shayne, John, and myself; I was always meant to receive it, The Day That Never Comes. I was young, when I knew it, too. I’ll never have a normal life, or a happy life. If I don’t help you, you’ll lose as well. The Wicker Man. The Ghost of The Navigator. In a Brave New World. The Blood Brothers. The Mercenary. The Dream of Mirrors. The Fallen Angel. The Nomad. All Out of the Silent Planet. For The Thin Line Between Love and Hate. You’ll lose each of these, in one day. Which is in four days.”