• Published 20th Jul 2012
  • 1,607 Views, 21 Comments

A Lesson Learned - Secret_Shadows



Rainbow Dash tries hard to see an airshow from her idols, but fails.

  • ...
4
 21
 1,607

Conclusion

Conclusion

Rainbow woke to Fluttershy getting ready for school. "What time is it" Rainbow moaned.
"six forty-five" Fluttershy said in a hushed voice.

"Did my parents leave for work yet?" Rainbow asked

"Yes, your father left an hour ago and your mother just left 15 minutes ago" Fluttershy said

"When does the train leave?" Rainbow asked, she was still half asleep and gauging how much longer she could sleep.

"In about 15 minutes" Fluttershy said.

"Ok, wake me up when you leave" Rainbow said.

"Rainbow, I'm leaving now, you should probably get up now and get ready" Fluttershy said

"Wait, did you just say, 15 minutes!?" Rainbow said jumping out of bed falling onto the floor.

"Yes...I..um thought.." Fluttershy was now getting nervous that she upset her friend.

"It takes 15 minutes to fly to the station!" Rainbow yelled

"Oh...I....Rainbow.." Fluttershy reverted to her overly nervous self.

"Its ok Fluttershy just...go to school I'll see you at the show" Rainbow said

"Ok" Fluttershy said leaving the room and then began flying to the school.

-

A few minutes later Rainbow was speeding off to the train station, she had to catch the train, the only other train leaving for Manehatten was the train the school was using, and she would be spotted instantly.

Rainbow flew faster and faster, the faint whistle of the train sounded signaling last call for all to get on.

Rainbow strained to fly fast enough to make it, though even for her it was seemingly impossible.

'Just a bit further' She thought to herself, her wings felt like they were on fire, but she couldn't give up now, she was so close.

The whistle sounded again signaling the train was leaving.

"No!" Rainbow yelled, the train had just begun moving away from the station when she landed on the platform.

"Were ye ment to be on that train lass?" An old pegasus said. He was tall and wore a blue coat and glasses, he had a stop watch in his hoof, he was looking at it while leaning against a station roof support pole.

"Yes! You have to help me!" Rainbow said, tears started to form in her eyes as she watched the train leave, she was about to loose all chances of getting to the performance.

"I coulda halted the train had I known ye were comin" He said

The train moved off, its whistle blew once again as it moved farther and farther away from the station and eventually out of sight over a small hill.

Tears streaked down Rainbow's face, she was going to miss the performance by her idols, and worse, when the school trip got to the station she would be caught and sent to the school and probably get detention for skipping class.

"Don't fret young lass, we'll get you were you need to go, there is another train comin' in the next fifteen minutes, ye can always catch that'un" He said still leaning against a roof support pole studying his stop watch.

"No you don't understand, I can't go on the next train, I...." Rainbow started crying even more, she stopped talking and sat down on the station floor

'I....I failed, again' She thought to herself 'Maybe they were right, maybe I am just a failure' words rang in her head
'Rainbow Crash' 'Way to fail Rainslow' She just sat crying, her whole life was a failure in her eyes, this one event made her think her life was over.

"Young lass, whats the matter?" The pegasus asked as he walked over to her as he put his stop watch into his coat pocket.

"It's not important anymore, I failed" Rainbow said getting up, she started to the door of the station, not even going to fly, she was so self defeated that she was walking.

The pegasus put a hoof on her shoulder, "I be around to long to know when something is important, come, sit, ye can tell me, what be botherin ya?" He asked as he sat down on a bench and gestured for her to sit down as well. She sat down and for the next 5 minutes she poured her heart out. She explained her situation at school, how she idolized the Wonder Bolts, how she was meant to be on that train because she wanted to see the show.

"Ah, I see, ye be so concerned over the show that ye be willing to get yerself in more trouble than its worth." He said

"I guess" Rainbow said

"Don't fret young lass, I can get ye on the train without being spotted" He said

"You...you would still help me, even though.." Rainbow trailed off

"Why not, I did my fair share of stupid things when I was young, whats one more for an old pegusus" He said

She hugged him and then got up from the bench "Thank you sooooo much!" She exclaimed.

"Now, ye will need to hide yerself, but I have just the plan" he said, he explained the plan to Rainbow and she agreed.

-

"Sometimes that filly" One of the teachers was mumbling to himself as Fluttershy and several other pegusus followed him to the train station.

As they got on the train a figure in a dark coat boarded the train and sat down in the car behind the one the students were on. The figure was Rainbow Dash.

"ALL ABOARD!" Yelled the conductor as the train whistle blew, the train started to move, Rainbow looked out a window and waved to the pegusus that helped her. The rest of the trip was uneventful until they reached the station, Rainbow slipped out of the train and made her way to the stadium were the Wonder Bolts were performing.

Rainbow had made it to the stadium and was just about to receive a ticket when the earth pony at the desk spoke "Its 90 bits for a ticket."

"But...I only have 75" Rainbow said

"90 or I can't let you in" He said

"But....you don't understand, I have to get in, the Wonder Bolts..." She was cut off

"No bits no ticket, NEXT" He said.

"But...." Rainbow said being pushed out of the way by the next person in line. Tears started to streak down her face as she sat down against a wall, she would never get to see her Idols.

"Hey, Kid" A feminine voice said.

Rainbow ignored this voice not assuming it was talking to her.

"Hey, kid, whats the matter" the voice said, Rainbow felt a hoof on her shoulder.

"M..me?" She said through her tears, she didn't look up.

"Yes you" The voice said

"Its nothing, I'm just never gonna get to see my idols perform" She said

"You idols huh?" The voice asked. Rainbow looked up slightly and could see a blue figure standing in front of her through her tears, through closer observation it wasn't a blue figure, it was a figure in a blue suit, the hood on the suit was down and an orange pegusus was visible.

"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!" Rainbow exclaimed as he frown turned into a smile.

The pegusus in front of Rainbow just smiled.

"You...your....Spitfire!" Rainbow exclaimed once again breaking into a string of words that was hard to understand, sounding like 'oh my gosh' or something similar.

"Yeah, I am" Spitfire said, just then Soaren walked up behind Spitfire. "Who's this filly? She another fan of yours Spitfire?" Soaren said.

"Your S..Soaren...." Rainbow said not managing to say anything else.

"Yeah, Im Soaren" He said

"You never told me why you were so upset, or what your name is kid." Spitfire said

"I'm Rainbow Dash, and I was trying to get into your show, I rode a train and everything, spending almost all of my money, then I finally got here and I only have 75 bits, and the show is 90 bits." Rainbow said

"Why don't you come with us" Spitfire said

"R...Really?" Rainbow said

"Yeah, come enjoy the show from the best seat in the house" Spitfire said

"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!" Rainbow said as she was being led into the stadium by Spitfire and Soaren.