• Published 6th Nov 2017
  • 336 Views, 0 Comments

A voice to be heard - lightingwing



There is a new wonderbolt but she seems to be a huge team player and voice of reason

  • ...
 0
 336

Rainbow hears the voice

As Rainbow dash was talking to some strange ponies that the Wonderbolts didn't recognize they could tell that they were doing something to her.

"Let's go check this out Wonderbolts." Spitfire told them. Among all the senior Wonderbolts; like Spitfire, Soran, and Fleetfoot. There was Skywing. She was the newest Wonderbolt.

Skywing could tell something was definitely wrong here. Even though she is a new member of the Wonderbolts she know them really well. so she knew that something was up.

When the got there they saw who the mystery ponies were. It was another flying group.

"Um, well." They heard rainbow dash say.

"What's going on here?" Spitfire asked.

The other flying group looked at her. "Oh, we were just asking Rainbow dash if she would like to practice her Sonic Rainboom with us. Also if she would like to join us that wouldn't hurt either."

"Well just so you know, Rainbow Dash is fully loyal to the Wonderbolt." Spitfire told the group of fliers. "Tell them Rainbow Dash."

That's when both teams started fighting and telling each other that Rainbow Dash was with them.
Skywing knew the look in Rainbow Dash's eyes she remembered having that look so long ago.

Rainbow dash looked very overwhelmed. She looked side to side. It was either her dream team, or the chance to be the best flier ever. She hated this decision she has to make. Its one of the hardest in her life. "STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Rainbow Dash yelled as she took off into the sky, she needed to clear her head.

She then took off. "Crash wait." Fleetfoot called.

Skywing just stood on the side lines until she understood the entire situation. There are many angles this can be placed in and Skywing didn't want to miss any of them. She knew the only way to help Rainbow Dash was to get a unbiased opinion on Rainbow's situation. She had to understand what she was going through and how hard the decision Rainbow had to make. Then she would go and help Rainbow out.

"What did you tell her?" Skywing asked the other flying group. Hoping she could get enough information out of them. She knew it wouldn't be easy.

The one who seemed like their leader stepped forward. "We told her, if she wanted to she could be apart of our flying group. She could work on her Sonic Rainboom, her Sonic Rainboom if it was good enough would be the center of a routine. But if she stuck with the Wonderbolts she would just stay as the back seat flier, she would never get to show off her Sonic Rainboom. She would be put to the bottom of the best fliers list."

"So she can only chose one?" Skywing asked.

"That is correct." The leader stated.

Skywing started to understand the stress that Rainbow Dash was feeling. How could these fliers be so cruel, and make Rainbow Dash make such a hard decision.

Skywing then thought about how this must feel from Rainbow dash's point of view. Then she decided on what to do. She then took off after Rainbow dash.

Skywing found Rainbow on the side of a pond.

The other Wonderbolts flew after Skywing. They were wondering what she was going to do.

"Rainbow dash." Skywing said trying not to scare her.

Rainbow said without looking at er "What do you want Skywing?"

"Well that other flying group told us what they said to you and I just wanted to talk to you."

"What that I should chose the Wonderbolts."

"No." This response was not what any pony expected. "I just wanted to tell you that you should do what your heart is telling you to do. If it's telling you to go with that other flying group then so be it. Although if it's telling you to be with the Wonderbolts then go with that. I remember when I was going to make a choice and the people who did want me to make a certain choice basically threw me onto the guilt train. They forced me to make the decision. I'm not doing that to you. It's your decision, not mine, not the Wonderbolts, it's yours and only you can make it. I just wanted to tell you to go with your heart."

Then she sat beside Rainbow dash.

"I understand what you're going threw and I'm not forcing you to make a decision. You have to make it. You can't avoid it forever. Yes the Wonder bolt's need you, but you have two options, which is more than I had when I was younger. I know you will make the right choice. Just know that we are friends and whatever decision you make I will back it up. No matter what. I won't let anyone pressure you into making a decision that you don't want to make. It's you choice so I'll let it be your choice. If they don't like it then tough." Skywing told Rainbow as she started to walk away.

After a few hours of thinking about it and of what Skywing said, Rainbow dash knew the decision she had to make. She took off to see the Wonderbolts and the group of fliers.

"I have made my decision." Rainbow Dash said confidently.

"So, Rainbow. What do you choose?" The leader of the flying team asked. "Don't answer I know you chose us who wouldn't?"

Rainbow then looked at Skywing, and looked the leader dead in the face and said. "I. am. staying. with. the. Wonderbolts."
The Wonderbolts were so happy with Rainbow dash's decision.

The other flying team just flew away extremely angry. "WHAT!? But you could've been the best flier in all of Equestria."
"I already am the best flier in all of Equestria. I don't need your help." Rainbow Dash told the fliers. They then took off extremely angry. Rainbow dash then went over to Skywing. "Hey, thanks for the advice. It kicked some since into me."
"Any time Rainbow, any time." Skywing replied.

Then the Wonderbolts took off back to the training grounds.