• Published 31st Oct 2017
  • 287 Views, 1 Comments

Innocence Lost And Found - Bibliomane



A foalnapping has occurred on the eve of the solar eclipse celebration. And the main 6 must enlist the help of an unlikely source to save the day, and bring the foals home.

  • ...
 1
 287

Chapter 2

Chapter 7

The door to the throne room of Castle Friendship burst open, as Spike and the Element Ponies raced in.

The two sister princess were patiently waiting for their arrival on opposite sides of Twilight's throne, "your majesties," Twilight said as everypony bowed. "We received your summons and came as quickly as we could. What's happened? The parchment gave no details about why you wished to see us. Does it have anything to do with the upcoming eclipse? Or the missing foals? Or is there another..."

Princess Celestia held up a forehoof, as she knew that if not interrupted, Twilight would continue to voice imagined senario, after scenario.

Princess Celestia, her multi-hued mane and tail flowing even without the benefit of any breeze present, addressed the assembled. "My little ponies, something indeed terrible has occurred, and you are quite correct Twilight, on all accounts."

Princess Luna stepped forward circling the table set in the center of the room, surrounded by the thrones designated for each of the Element ponys.

The table, was displaying it's magical three dimensional representation of Equestria, that would locate, and alert the Element ponies to any trouble or threats in the land.

Princess Luna stood before the assembled party. "As you are all aware, as part of my royal duties of protecting Equestria during the nighttime hours. I am also the guardian of all my subjects dreams. However, for the last few nights I have not been able to breech, nor even detect, the mindscapes of thirteen ponies that reside in Ponyville.

I have been trying to divine the answer as to why. Not attaining an acceptable conclusion, I consulted with my sister." She waved a forehoof to indicate Celestia.

"The only explanation that we have been able to arrive to is that somepony, or something, has been able to manifest itself as the result of the impending solar eclipse." Luna took a few steps back, and closer to the table display. She gestured towards the three dimensional representation of Equestria shining across it's surface.

"As you can see, the magic that powers the map is dimming." Everypony crowded around the map for a better view. It was becoming slightly more transparent by the moment.


Celestia circled around to stand by Twilight's side. "Just before we sent the summons we had felt a strange, although somehow not unfamiliar magical disturbance in Ponyville.

We came here to the castle to consult the map, and confirm our feelings on the matter.

Upon our arrival we were not able to locate the twelve fillies that my sister was unable to reach in the mindscape." The assembled, shocked by the revelation, looked at one another then at the two princesses.

"Mayor Mare brought the fillies absence to our attention," began Twilight. "But in light of what you've just said, and shown us, it seams apparent that you believe there is a more sinister explanation for their disappearance than simply wandering off to play, without telling anypony." Twilight summing up what everypony was thinking.

Both sisters nodded in unison. "Yes child," said Luna. "Unfortunately your assessment of the situation is correct." She stretched her wings and continued.

"Their disappearance is sadly not some childhood whim, but something beyond our comprehension." Princess Luna indicated herself and her sister with the pass of her forehoof.

"The only thing that we are certain of is that these occurrences are somehow tied to the impending eclipse."

Princess Celestia imparted with a heavy heart. "And with the eclipse somepony, something, has magically abducted the fillies. We have summoned you seven here for several reasons. The first of course, is to enlighten you all about the circumstances surrounding the fillies disappearance, and the circumstances that tie into the map losing it's power.

What we now impart must never go beyond this room, for it to do so is to invite potential disaster for all of Equestra.

The map is, as you are aware, is connected to the power of the Tree Of Harmony, which in turn is fueled by The Elements Of Harmony, which we believe is the source of Equestrian magic.

We have found that the power of The Elements dims during the solar eclipse.

As you are aware, once a generation there is a time when the celestial forces take hold of the alignments and the sun and the moon are no longer controlled by our sovereignty," Celestia's expression became grave.

"But much as in the Everfree Forest, the celestial alignments take on a will of their own and move through the sky by thier own volition.

We have never informed anypony before about that which we are about to impart to you now, out of concern for Equestria should somepony use the opportunity to exploit this moment and take advantage. It is durring this time of the eclipse that we."

Indicating herself and Luna with a flourishing gesture of a forehoof. "As a result of our intimate connection to the sun and the moon, our power begins to wane until the solar eclipse has passed. At it's zenith we will be practically powerless to do much of anything should somepony press this advantage to cause harm during this time."

The assembled ponies and Spike gasped in their shock at what they had just heard. Celestia paused to take in the assembled, and let them digest the information. "My little ponies, and you as well Spike, I cannot stress enough that the information imparted here must remain between ourselves."

Spike and the elements ponies looked from one to another, as one they nodded and all said, "we understand." Spike mimed zipping his mouth, locking it and throwing away the key.

"That being said," Luna began as she moved closer to the map table. "It has become imperative that you now know in light of the foals disappearance.

We have taken precautions so the festivities not be interrupted should somepony try anything else while you seven investigate, and bring the fillies home safely.

Starlight Glimmer and Sunburst shall be at hand should your search for the fillies prevent you from attending the festivities."

Luna pointed a forehoof towards section of the map between the schoolyard and the Everfree Forest. "We have traced the path of the fillies to this general area, but because of our waning powers we were unable to isolate a more accurate location of their disappearance. If the spell that abducted them still lingers, perhaps you can still use it to help locate them."

Applejack became bothered by a thought. "Princess Luna, when we arrived you mentioned you were unable to reach thirteen ponies, but there are only twelve missing fillies. Who's the thirteenth pony?"

Luna nodded her head, "yes Applejack, I did say that there were thirteen ponies that I was unable to reach, however as she has not disappeared, nor can I conceive her being responsible, I refrained from mentioning her.

But perhaps she may still be connected to this matter, although it puzzles me as to how." Luna touched a spot on the map in the Everfree Forest with her horn.

What had been a roaming spot of light on the map began to expand, and a cone of light shot up from the point of origin, to reveal a cutie Mark made up of seven pale circles of various sizes.

The image pulled back to reveal a transparent image of a blue taffy Pegasus mare in flight. There was an intake of breath as the ponies and Spike were surprised to see.

"Derpy is the only other pony similarly effected as the fillies." Princess Luna announced.

As Fluttershy thought about the situation the penny dropped, and she spoke up. "Um... Princess Luna, before Rainbow Dash found me, I had a run in with Derpy..."

Spike interrupted her, "I think Fluttershy meant that Derpy ran into her." Spike, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Apple Jack chuckled at the barb.

The Princesses, and Pinky Pie shot them a 'shut up Spike' look. Fluttershy ignored the remark entirely, mostly because that was exactly how the encounter began. Meekly clearing her throat, Fluttershy continued her story.

"Derpy was extremely upset, and almost raving about hearing disturbing voices."

Twilight quickly shot Spike a cold stare as if to say, 'don't even think about it Spike!'

Spike innocently shrugged, talons spread, as if to say 'what!?' Fluttershy oblivious to the exchange, continued uninterrupted.

"She mentioned that she was having the most awful dreams about being haunted by a disembodied voice perusing her, but suddenly started hearing the voice while she was awake just before, and perhaps during our encounter."

Luna's eyes lit up as a sudden inspiration took hold. "Then that must be the connection!

Whomever has abducted the fillies, has also been in contact with Derpy. At first only in the mindscape of dreams, but as the eclipse draws nearer, and our influence waned, our mysterious abductors influence has increased to the point of gaining the ability to contact them in the waking world.

It may serve you well to locate and enlist Derpy's aid, as she may have some insight into this occurrence."

Celestia nodded her agreement. "At the very least her connection to the fillies may be able to lead you to where the fillies are being held."


Chapter 8

As a group, the elements ponies and Spike set off in search of Derpy, starting at her last position displayed on the map. "Oh... No matter how many times I've been in the Everfree Forest it's still so scary," Fluttershy whispered, her head down, nervously glancing about in every direction.

The seven eventually found Derpy curled up in the fork of a tree some distance within the forest. Twilight reached out to nudge her, "Derpy..." she gently said in an attempt not to startle her.

Derpy let out an ear piercing scream as she jumped from the contact. Everypony covered their ears, wincing against Derpy's cacophonic outburst. Fluttershy had taken refuge in the ample underbrush of Everfree's flora, when she peered out, she saw that Derpy was visibly shaken and about about to bolt from the spot.

Fluttershy flew over to Derpy, and in her most soothing voice implored to her "Derpy don't go we need your help."

The unexpected urgency in Fluttershy's voice snapped Derpy out of her frantic state, she let herself drop to the ground landing just in front of the others. "Oh... Hello..." Derpy said as if in a haze of conscious, seemingly still half asleep. "What do you all want from me?" She said while tracing patterns in the dirt with her hoof.

"I'm not taking appointments for deliveries anymore. Mr. Poe Stile fired me today, you know. So I don't know how I could help anypony as important as yourselves."

A tinge of guilt ran threw them, "Derpy, we understand you have been..." Twilight began, wincing slightly as she spoke her next words, "hearing voices..."

Derpy, with a very depressed voice interrupted her. "So you've all come to make fun of me! Tell me how dumb or crazy or both, you all think I am!?" With tears welling up in her eyes, and releasing in a flood she continued.

"Well go ahead, I've gotten use to it by now!" everypony else's looked from her to Each other, their faces went slack jaw upon listening to what Derpy was saying.

"It's exhausting pretending to be happy all the time just to not make anypony else feel bad for me, and believing I actually have friends. After a while pretending is all you have left because the weight of everyponys disappointment saps the happy away, as if a changeling has been slowly draining it over the years. The disingenuous pity is actually worse then the insults.

And if you're not here to make fun of me, I suppose you are all here to finally put me away somewhere so you don't have to be reminded that I exist!"

Rarity looked at the others present and saw her own look of shame reflected back at her in each of their faces. "Oh Derpy darling, no. That's not why we're here," Rarity said while levitating a cloth in an attempt to dry the tears running down Derpy's face.

"Nothing like that. We came to find you because we heard of your disturbing dreams that have been bothering you, and... Well ask for your help in finding a small herd of fillies that have been abducted.

They also had been in all likelihood experiencing the same nightmares as you have. As you have been the only other pony similarly effected... We thought you could assist us in locating them."

Derpy looked up with a surprised expression, she looked from Rarity to the others present, each with a hopeful expression on their faces. "You mean," Derpy began as she wiped her eyes with her foreleg. "That somepony else was having the same dreams? Hearing the voice calling?"

They all nodded, pleased to hear that she had grasped the situation so quickly. "Yes that is what the evidence seems to suggest," Twilight confirmed.

"Then if the fillies hadn't been abducted you all wouldn't have come to find me, I suppose?" Derpy's face became a mixture of anger and a major pout. "It would have been another case of 'crazy ol' Derpy being crazy again!' wouldn't it have been!?"

Everypony, once again was shocked at the candor of her words. They all took on a momentary guilty expression in knowing that Derpy was probably right about her summation, and worried that she might not be inclined to help them in her present train of thought.

Derpys expression returned to a neutral state. "It's OK everypony, I'll help you, for the fillies sake. So, what do you want me to do?" Derpy said, after a moment of silence.

"As Rarity had said," began Twilight, "you are the only other pony effected by what we believe is somepony using some extremely powerful magic, possibly an elaboration on the telepathy spell, or perhaps a tweak on Haycart's study method,"

Applejack rolled her eyes as she elbowed Twilight to get her focus back to the point at hand. "Um, yes, anyway, however it was accomplished, a powerful spell was used to establish a mental link between them, yourself, and the fillies. Then used that link to lure the fillies to the location where they were abducted."

Twilight, whom had been pacing back and forth in her usual manner while in informal lecture mode looked in Derpy's direction, Derpy's eyes, drifting off in separate directions, and a confused, attentive expression starring back at her. Kind of like Derpy had blown a fuse from information overload. Derpy wasn't the only one, both Spike and Rainbow Dash looked like their brains had melted.

"So what do you want me to do?" Derpy repeated.

Not knowing if what she said, or how much of what she said had gotten threw to Derpy, Twilight asked, "Derpy, what I want to know is what exactly did you experience? Whatever it was, it was likely the same for the fillies."

Derpy Sat herself on a patch of moss and began relating what she had experienced over the past few nights. "Well it was always the same, after I fell asleep I would be alone, out in the open. Then a scary voice called out to me, and no matter how fast I ran or flew, the voice would chase me beckoning me to follow it." Derpy shuddered at remembering the experience.

"Then today, after Mr. Poe Stile fired me, I flew home," she indicated the tree they found her asleep in with an incline of her head.

"Then I heard the voice calling out to me and I realized I wasn't sleeping, I panicked and ran into Fluttershy."

Spike, with a slight smirk mumbled under his breath, "nailed it!"

Thankfully nopony heard him, Derpy continued uninterrupted. "But she basically ignored me."

Everypony turned to look at Fluttershy, whom venomously shook her head. "But that's not true." Fluttershy objected, "Derpy you scared me witless, by the time I was able to calm you down and assess the situation you had flown away, and Rainbow Dash called me to join the others for a briefing on what to do about this very subject. I'm very sorry that I had not been able to help you then."

Derpy looked in Fluttershy's direction. "That's all right Fluttershy you're here now, even if it wasn't directly to help me."

Derpy looked back to Twilight, and resumed her narrative. "Soon after leaving Fluttershy, the voices stopped and I came back here. I was having the best sleep in days until you woke me." Derpy's eyes crossed in the middle as if she were staring at the tip of her nose, as she said. "But... I still have a feeling that I'm supposed to be somewhere."

Something clicked inside Twilight's head. "Then that's it Derpy!" Derpy just gave her a walleyed blank stare.

Twilight frowned, as she thought her sudden insight should be completely obvious to everypony. Looking about, she gave a 'seriously nopony' expression all she got in return were various shrugs, every one of them looking as clueless as Derpy.

Frustrated Twilight facehoofed and blurted out, "Uggh... Derpy, the feeling you have of, 'wanting to be somewhere else,' that is how we can track down where the fillies have been taken. For whatever the reason they were taken, they want you as well."

Twilight's head cocked to one side, "by the way, how is it that you haven't disappeared as well?"

Derpy looked pleased at this. "Oh that's an easy one, I was scared, but mostly to tired to go anywhere."

Twilight shook her head, a bemused look on her face. She turned to address the small herd. "Alright then, let's go find the fillies."

Turning her attention to Derpy she added. "Derpy, try to focus on that feeling you have, let it guide you to the to the place it wants you to be."

Derpy looked up at the sky poking threw the branches and leaves that made up the canopy of the Everfree Forest. Then with her eyebrows creaced in concentration, her eyes, for once parallel to each other took to the air just above the ground, and flew off in the direction the map indicated as the last known location of the fillies.

The others followed close behind. "I think this is going to work out," Twilight thought aloud.

Some distance from Derpy's tree, she paused in flight, hovering in place, Derpy glanced about this way and that, she shook her head as if she had come to a silent decision, and flew off in an entirely different direction then the one that led directly to their destination.

Rarity whispered to Rainbow Dash and Spike. "I can't believe the success of this mission depends on Derpy."

The trio looked at each other and snickered. "I know right." Both Rainbow Dash and Spike said simultaneously, "jinx!" They both called out and broke into peels of laughter.


Seeing that Derpy had deviated from the path, and headed away from the direction the trio thought she should be going. They wordlessly decided to take the 'short cut' and headed straight on towards their destination to wait for the rest of the herd following Derpy to catch up with them.


Chapter 9

"Now just where in tarnation did Spike, Dash, and Rarity mosey off to?" Applejack inquired of nopony in particular, upon noticing their absence.

"Oh, don't worry about them, I'm sure they'll catch up." replied an exuberant Pinkie Pie, as she bounced along coming up alongside Derpy she asked.

"By the way Derpy, why did you change direction? Wasn't that a more direct path?'

Derpy looked over her shoulder and shrugged. "Timberwolves... we should have gotten around them by now."

Everypony looked aghast, "Timberwolves!?" They all exclaimed as one.

"Calm down, they were only little ones, I'm sure they can handle them." Derpy explained.

The herd led by Derpy soon made another course correction that brought them back to a direct path to the spot where the fillies disappeared. Derpy finally came to a stop in the same empty field where the fillies were taken by the spell.

Suddenly there was a huge crashing of limbs coming from the overgrown flora at the threshold of the Everfree Forest, as Spike, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash unceremoniously spilled out of the undergrowth.

Gasping for breath, and covered with mud, twigs, and leaves, the treo looked like they just lost a fight with a bush, which in some respects they had.

"This is where the trail ends," Derpy announced.

The new arrivals were vigorously ridding themselves of the detritus clinging to them.

Still struggling for breath Rarity readied herself to verbally launch into Derpy, as she advanced on the main portion of the herd.

"Ooh, why didn't you warn us..." as Rarity reached her position, Derpy's response stopped Rarity dead in her tracks.

"You didn't ask." She simply stated in deadpan,

"you three must have known better than I, where to go after all." All stated with an unsuccessfully concealed smug grin.

During the exchange Derpy was visibly becoming increasingly more nervous, "well this is where the trail ends." Derpy announced, "now I've shown you where to look, I guess you don't need me anymore!"

Suddenly a confused look clouded Rarity's face. "Twilight, do you feel that?"

As Twilight came up beside her she replied with a look of concentration. "Yes, I do, somepony has enacted a powerful spell, most likely a teleportation spell of immense power. We have to locate exactly where the tether point is, if we are to proceed."

As Spike and Rainbow Dash rejoined the small herd, Derpy, reaching the limit of her ability to remain calm, her eyes bouncing around in her head announced, "as I've said, this is the end of the trail, I'll leave figuring out the magic stuff to you."

As Derpy took flight, she wheeled around, knocking into Rainbow Dash. "Get offa' me!" cried out a startled, and after the run in with the Timberwolves quite angry Rainbow Dash.

As the two Pegasus tumbled threw the air in a tangle of limbs and wings, the rest of the herd maneuvered to help. Or rather, more to the point, break up the entangled mares.

They were stopped in their tracks by a blinding discharge of magical energy, when the flash dissipated everypony looked around in bewilderment, but the two airborne Pegasus had vanished. Everypony looked at each other, shocked by what they saw, or rather what they didn't see. "What in tarnation!?" Exclaimed Applejack.

"That," replied Twilight, "is what we're looking for. Both Rarity, and I could feel the energy of the spell, but without actually stumbling into it, there wouldn't be a way to pinpoint the exact spot it was anchored to this location."

Spike leaned close to Applejack and asked, "You getting any of that?"

Applejack, with a raised brow shook her head. "Not one bit. Other then Twi n, Rarity know magic, and we found where the fillies went."

Twilight continued to think out loud, "It's certainly a teleportation spell, but it feels more powerful than a simple... Well a teleportation spell is by no means a simple spell really, but even the most powerful teleportation spell shouldn't require as much power as this one is radiating..."

Rarity interrupted her by placing a hoof on Twilight's shoulder, "Twilight darling, you're drifting again."

Twilight's eyes refocused, and she shook her head as she came out of her thoughts. "Anyway, I believe there is enough energy left for us all to go... Wherever the spell leads."

Pinkie Pie began to bounce excitedly in place, "all right! Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" And began bouncing towards the point where the pegasi vanished.

"Pinkie Pie darling," began Rarity, restraining her from advancing towards the invisible portal.

"You simply must reign in your enthusiasm, it might be dangerous."

Twilight smiled, " it's alright Rarity, it should be safe enough, I think that based on the sheer magnitude, and power involved in creating the spell cast, had the caster intended to harm somepony they would have come up with something less elaborate then this."

Spike's face lit up, "unless it's a supervillain bent on revenge, or something, and has lain a nefarious trap, by foalnapping the fillies in an attempt to draw us in and capture us so, well whoever it is, can take over Equestria."

Twilight thought that over a moment, then shook her head. "No, probably not, however I think the portal, at least will be safe to use. But I think we all should go threw at the same time."

Fluttershy timidity cleared her throat, "well in that case, um, maybe we shouldn't be wasting anymore time and get this over with it. That is, if it's all right with all of you."

Twilight nodded, "no, you're right Fluttershy, and I think there's not much time left before the portal will permanently dissipate."

Cocking her head on it's side Pinkie Pie said, "huh?"

Spike rolled his eyes, "she means the spell that made the portal will run out of power and the portal will close soon."

Pinkie righting her head and took on an exaggerated Pinkie expression of understanding. "Ooohh, okie dokie loki." As one the small herd surged forward, once again there was a blinding discharge of magical energy engulfing them all, as it faded Spikes disembodied voice could be heard.

"I really don't think I like this idea..."


Chapter 10

The flash dissipated as the herd appeared in midair, and with a splash they found themselves in the middle of a pond. Derpy and Rainbow Dash were on it's bank laughing thier heads off at the sight of the soaked Dragon and the five equally drenched ponies.

"Whatever's so funny?" pouted Rarity, quite miffed at the situation.

"You, guys... look... hilarious," replied Rainbow Dash between peals of laughter.

Looking about at the others, each as soaked as she was, Rarity started to laugh despite herself. "Well, I suppose we do a bit," she said.

Everypony else joined in, as they too saw the humor in their situation. Suddenly Derpy let out a giggle as she literally took a flying leap, cannonballing into the middle of the group, thoroughly resoaking everypony.

Everypony was momentarily stunned by her abrupt actions. Pinkie Pie squealed as she pounced on Derpy squeezing her in a giant hug. "That was the bestest splash in the history of splashes, that I've ever in the whole of my life ever seen!"

Twilight and the others broke out laughing. "Hoo wee gal! I've not seen a splash like that in a ponies age!" Applejack said while replacing her hat, a huge grin evident on her face.

Everypony began splashing each other, "OK everypony," Twilight began, as she battled to keep her composure. "Fun times over, we have serious work to do, let's figure this development out."

They all emptied out of the pond and took a look around as they shook themselves dry. With the aid of Twilight's, and Rarity's magic were back to normal in a flash.

"Derpy, now that the spell has brought us, well, to wherever we are," Twilight began . "Has the compulsion to a destination returned?"

Derpy paused and thought for a bit, a bit longer then Applejack supposed she should have.

In thinking that Derpy had misunderstood, or hadn't understood Twilight's question at all, Applejack looked at Derpy with a raised brow. She lifted her hoof in an, 'and the answer is' gesture.

As no answer was forthcoming, Applejack began an attempt to simplify Twilight's 'big worded' inquiry. "What Twi ment by that..." Derpy curtley cut her off, becoming cross, as a child would when being patronized by an adult.

Derpy angrily pouted as she said, "I understand what she said Applejack," Derpy's voice softened as she continued. "I'm just not as sure about the feeling as I was anymore. I think it's still there, but the direction isn't as clear as it was."

Applejack, in a soft voice apologized, "I'm sorry sugar cube, but I'm just as plum worried about Apple Bloom and the other fillies, as a long tailed pony in a room fulla' rocking chairs."

Although everypony was distressed about the disappearance of the fillies, Derpy knew that Applejack, and Rarity must be taking the abduction harder then the rest, after all it was thier sisters that were among the missing herd of fillies.

"In that case," announced Twilight, "we might as well figure out where we are, although I would like to have more data to make a more educated approach, that feeling may become stronger if we explore our surroundings."

There was of course the pond that they landed in, other then that it only vaguely resembled the landscape that had surrounded them only moments before. There were no visible buildings, even though they had been close enough to Ponyville to make out most of the major buildings before they 'crossed' through the portal.

The most surprising of all, was there was no trace of the Everfree Forest, even though they had just been adjacent to it. However, off in the distance could be seen a shining citadel.

"That's..." Twilight stammered. "That looks like the Castle Of The Two Sisters! But it looks so..." She shook her head and blinked.

"New," supplied Fluttershy.

"And what has happened to the Everfree Forest!?" Twilight began her patented think/pacing, her head snapped up,

"I've got it! That's the reason the spell seemed to be more powerful then a simple... Well simple is of course relative..."

Derpy, impatient, and not use to Twilights thought process interrupted her. "Um, is there an actual point you're getting to?"

Twilight momentarily glared at her, then sighed, her face softening, Twilight shrugged and said. "Yes, well um, what I was thinking was, the reason the teleportation spell felt more powerful then a teleportation spell needed to be, is that it was actually a time teleportation spell!" Everypony was shocked by the revelation, and let out a gasp.

"But then when are we darling?" Enquired Rarity.

Spike popped up in the middle of the group. "I think you meant when... Oh wait you did say that."

Twilight shook her head, "the fact that The Castle Of The Two Sisters is in tact, and no sign of the Everfree Forest, puts us somewhere between the Princesses coronation, and the rift between them, that marked the rise of Nightmare Moon. Yet there's a long span of time between the two events to pinpoint a more precise date."

Just then a peal of thunder made everypony jump. "Where did that come from, there's not a cloud in the..." Began Twilight looking up, suddenly as from every direction clouds swarmed overhead covering the sky, and a heavy rain fell upon the small herd.

Looking closely, they saw that the deluge was actually brown liquidity drops falling from pink fluffy clouds. "Well I think we can narrow the point in history we're in." Said a slightly disgusted Applejack as she unsuccessfully blew her dripping wet bangs from her face.

Derpy, experimentally stuck out her tongue, suddenly she fell backwards, lying on her back with her mouth wide open to catch as much of the rain in her mouth as she could.

Pinkie Pie hit the ground a second latter. "Woo hoo!" Both Derpy and Pinkie Pie exclaimed at the same time through mouthfuls of liquid chocolate.

"I never thought I'd ever get a chance to experience this again!" Declared an exuberant Pinkie Pie.

"Myah me mither." Derpy mumbled as she swallowed another mouthful.

Spike shrugged, "well, when in Dirtville." He said and fell on his back, repeating the mares actions. Everypony else just shook their heads and groaned.

Twilight addressing the herd said, "come on everypony, let's find a place to get out of this..."

Pinkie Pie interrupted her, "Chocolatey good deliciousness!?" As her eyebrows waggled in delight.

Twilight rolled her eyes and sighed. "Yes Pinkie, this chocolatey good deliciousness... Which obviously puts us somewhere between Discords rise to power, and before the Princesses defeat him." Everypony galloped to a small coppice, Spike riding on Twilights back.

As soon as they reached the cover of the foliage, the trees lifted their roots out of the ground. "Lousy ponies!" They declared as they lumbered away.

Surprised, the small herd gaped after them. Rainbow Dash crossed her foreleggs across her chest. "Typical."

Twilight sighed and enacted a magical dome to keep the rain off them while Rarity went about the task of magically cleaning the sticky chocolate off both scale, fur and feathers. Meanwhile, Derpy and Pinkie Pie shook themselves dry in exaggerated canine fashion, spraying the dome and everypony within. When they were finished, they were the only ones dry.

"I just finished getting everypony dry you two, thank you very much." Rarity mustered in a frustrated deadpan. The rain stopped and the clouds vanished as quickly as they appeared. Twilight ended her spell.

"Alright, we've apparently traveled back in time to the age of Discords reign over Equestria. Both the Everfree Forest, and Ponyville don't exist yet. The Castle Of The Two Sisters is in tact off in that direction." Spike ticked off the facts on his talons as he spoke. "I've got it! Let's find the Princesses, and..."

Twilight cut him off, "And nothing! Absolutely not Spike! Didn't you learn anything from Starlight Glimmer's time spell? Any interaction with the past no matter how small, can have long reaching disastrous consequences on the future. The last thing we should do is interact with anypony that we absolutely don't have to."

Spike dropped his arms into a shrug, and adopted one of his whatever faces. "Alright, alright! No need for the drama lesson."

Derpy perked up, looking about in a confused way. "Wait! We need to go that way." She pointed a forehoof towards the castle.

"But..." Stammered Twilight, "but, that's the exact opposite of what I just said," Derpy simply shrugged.

"One other tiny detail to consider darling," Rarity said as she circled Twilight assessing her appearance. "At this point in history there are only suppose to be two alicorns in existence, and you are neither of them. We simply must do something about your wings before we set off, if we hope to blend in."

Rarity tested the grass beneath their feet. "I have an idea. Yes this should be adequate for the task." As Rarity talked, her horn began to glow and she magically picked a large patch of grass. "While it may not make the most fashionable of garments, one must make due with what's at hoof."


Chapter 11

After creating a serviceable dress that concealed the fact that Twilight had wings, they set off for the castle. The trip took longer then expected due to the chaos magic that Discord had unleashed upon the land. As they walked across the field they noticed that the ground had become decidedly soft.

After some testing (mainly Derpy and Pinkie Pie tasting, then swallowing mouthfuls of it), they concluded that they were traversing a gelatin savanna. Which happened to be peppered with cornifers, in this case, small to medium sized evergreen trees that grew ears of corn rather then pinecones.

Farther along they came to a lake of butterscotch pudding and Fluttershy finally convinced a chicken turtle (a large sea turtle with a chickens head and tail) to allow them to ride across the lake on her back. After some time the small herd finally came to the rickety bridge that lead to The Castle Of The Two Sisters.

The castle was beautifully sparkly, and happened to be made out of glazed gingerbread and candy that dazzled in the sunlight. Looking up, Twilight noticed that the timing of the eclipse was nearing.

"Umm, Derpy where to now, I don't think there's we have much more time left before the eclipse." She said as she looked around and found Derpy cradling a gingerbread brick in her forehooves that she had removed from the castle wall, crumbs falling from her mouth.

"What!?" Derpy said uninjuriously, "I haven't had anything to eat all day."

Both Twilight and Applejack rolled their eyes. "Exceptin' tha' chocolate milk rain, the gelatin grassland, and several generous helpings of butterscotch pudding off the side of the chicken turtle." Applejack rattled off the banquet that Derpy had already consumed.

"I know right!" Pinkie Pie bounced into sight with a armful of candy. "This snack should make up for the lack of breakfast. Want some?" Pinkie offered a hoofful of candy under Twilights face.

"Put that down, the both of you," Twilight ordered.

"FINE!" Pouted Derpy as she dropped the cookie brick and made her way into the castle. The rest of the herd followed her in.

Applejack walked back outside to collect Pinkie Pie, whom stopped to lick a candy cane pillar, then joined the others inside. As the herd walked threw the castle, they noted that it was completely empty. The shiny peanut brittle walls and rock candy stained glass windows were casting and reflecting strange shadows in the darkness of it's abandoned halls. As they made their way through the maze of corridors they passed by the throne room, which was equally devoid of life.

The pedestal, the Elementlabra, where the ponies had originally found the Elements Of Harmony was nowhere to be seen. Rainbow Dash glanced back into the throne room, her face creased in thought. "Hay! Where's that doohickey thing that the Elements were kept on?" Rainbow Dash asked nopony in particular.

"In my vision," began Twilight. "Revealed to me by Zecora's potion. The Elementlabra was kept below the throne room, and was raised through a hidden floor panel when Princess Celestia released them to defeat Nightmare Moon. I suppose none of that has been made yet, as at this point in history it's possible that the Princesses have taken possession of the Elements. Discord is obviously still in power, remember."

Pinkie Pie stuck her face between the two mares. "How could any pony forget!" Pinkie took on a drooling face of ecstasy, as she dreamily said. "Deliciously chocolatey rain!"

The group moved on, following Derpy's lead, winding around a web of tunnels hereunto unknown to the lot of them. Their progress brought them to the end of the hallway. There was little decor along the corridor, save for a few torches, pared on either side of four beautifully crafted, but antiquated, even by the current time period, suits of armor made for the various pony tribe types.

Three of which were displayed in individual shallow alcoves to the herds right. The first was crafted for an Earth pony, as could be determined by the absence of accommodation for neither horn nor wings. The middle of the three was made for a Unicorn, as by the same observation, could be seen accommodations made for a horn on the helmet. The closest to the end of the hallway had been created for a Pegasus, as it had accommodation for wings.

The forth armor stood before them on a three tiered platform underneath a high blind arch that marked the hallways end. This one appeared to have accommodations for both horn and wings, it was certainly crafted for an Alicorn. The only other item in the hall was an elaborate, ornate, and very tacky tapestry hanging above the lone armor.

The tapestry depicted what appeared to be Discord sticking out his tongue with his thumbs in his ears, waggling his paw and claw at the two princesses. Looking up at the outrageous tapestry Rarity blurted out, "Uggh... What an appalling thing. I'm certainly glad this never survived to our present. This travesty proves that, at least in good taste, Discord hasn't improved one bit."

Applejack, a sour look on her face, agreed. "You said it, I wouldn't line the pig stye with that thing."

Twilight looked over to Derpy, whom was sniffing around the forth suit of armor, and the base of the blind arch. "Derpy, we seem to be at a dead end. Which way do we go from here?"

Derpy, looking confused, turned to her. "No, this is the place. Or at least it feels that way."

Pinkie Pie started to get excited and began bouncing in place. "Oooh! Remember when we were going to be here before?" She asked Everypony.

"Ugh..." Began Rainbow Dash, "time travel makes my brain hurt! But yah, this place has... Had... Will have... Ugh!" She put her forehooves on either side of her head and shook it, "anyway, there should be all kinds of cool trap doors and hidden passageways, and stuff." She began examining the walls for loose bricks and hidden switches. "Let's see if we can find something to get us to where we need to be."

Everypony looked everywhere and tried every possible thing they could imagine. With a sigh, Derpy plunked down beside the Alicorn armor. The force of her back connecting with the armor toppled it over, leaving only the greaves and Sollerets in tact, which were being held up by display mount poles. The rest of the display, upon impact scattered across the hallway.

"Derpy!" Everypony shouted as one.

Confused and apologetic, Derpy shrugged, hooves spread she sated, "I just don't know what went wrong." Rarity let out a disgusted groan.

As Derpy era speaking, her foreleg knocked into one of the mounting poles. The rod shifted and everypony save Derpy, whom was sitting on the dais, and Rainbow Dash, whom habitually hovered rather then walked (unless absolutely necessary), plunged down a shaft as the floor gave way under them.

A perturbed Rainbow Dash looked at a stunned Derpy.

"Don't even think about repeating that," she warned.

Derpy gave her a walleyed stare "What!?"

Rainbow Dash shook her head, "never mind, come on let's go after them." Both pegasus flew down the shaft following the rest of the herd.