• Published 21st Oct 2017
  • 635 Views, 23 Comments

The Grand Illusion and Other Short Stories of Pony Wisdom - Knowledge



From high mountain keep to deep ocean deep, learn the wisdom from the ponies of the multiverse. This is a collection of short stories.

  • ...
 23
 635

Baked Wisdom

Equus November- Earth - Moundoleum

Before the rise of the royal pony sisters but after the unification of the tribes, earth ponies mostly lived in their capital Moundoleum. There lived a famous baker named Flat Bread. Every earth pony in Moundoleum and many ponies from beyond came to his bakery for his delicious bread. There was also a beggar Lint Pockets who would sit outside Flat's bakery just to smell the bread.

Flat Bread did not like Lint Pockets sitting outside his shop, so he took the poor pony to court. Chancellor Puddinghead, famous for her in-the-chimney thinking, presided.

"This mare comes to my bakery everyday and smells my bread, but doesn't buy anything," Flat explained. "I demand she paid me for the smell of my bread."

While everypony agreed that his bread did smell great, the court filled with incredulous laughs at the baker's crazy request.

"Order, order, everypony," Chancellor Puddinghead called while pounding her gavel. "After considering what you have told me Mr. Bread, I must agree with you. Mrs. Pockets must pay you for the scent of your bread."

The crowd gasped at the unexpected ruling.

"But Chancellor, I only have two bits," Lint Pockets cried, showing the presiding judge her money. The whole court could hear them jingle in her hooves.

"Thanks, Mrs. Pockets," the earth pony leader said to the mare and then turned to the stallion. "Are you happy, Mr. Bread? You have been paid."

"No, I haven't," Flat Bread stated in confusion.

"But you have. Isn't the sound of her bits not sufficient payment for the scent of your bread?"