• Published 22nd Jul 2012
  • 1,101 Views, 0 Comments

The Stories Of A Mare Named Juicy Fruit - Lucen Aurora



A collection of interrelated short stories about a mare named Juicy Fruit.

  • ...
 0
 1,101

The Silly Little Filly

The Story of The Silly Little Filly

“Is that, THE Cloudsdale,” asked a wide eyed Pegasus filly looking out the window as the train pulled into the station.

“That it is my little pony,” replied a Pegasus mare.

“WOW, how does something so BIG stay up there?” the filly asked in awe.

“Why, they are clouds my dear," her mother replied with a giggle.

“But how can anypony live there, I mean, you couldn't set a bag down on a cloud.” the filly replied as she stepped off the train, her mother right behind her.

“Oh, they just mix in powdered cloudstone when they make the special clouds that make up the city.” her mother replied as she nudged the young fillies flank to move her along out of the way of the stream of ponies leaving the train.

“Cloudstone? What's that?” the filly replied as she craned her neck to look at one of the many dazzling rainbow arches.

“Don't tell me you've never heard of cloudstone.” her mother replied with a laugh

“Whats so funny? I've never heard of it!” the filly pouted, tearing her gaze away from the sculpted clouds above her to scowl at her mother.

“Come over here, m'dear, sit next to me and I will tell you the story of how a Pegasus pony found cloudstone and built Cloudsdale.” her mother replied kindly from a nearby bench while gesturing to a spot next to her.

“Mooooom, is this going to be another one of your boring stories? I wanna go up now!” the filly replied, stomping one hoof impatiently.

The filly glared at her mother, impatient to go, but her mother simply smiled and kept tapping the seat next to her until her daughter grudgingly stomped over and sat down beside her in a huff.

“Now then, this is the story of the Silly Little Filly and how she found cloudstone!” her mother said with a flourish.

Once upon a time, long long, long, long, long, long ago, before Princess Celestia and Princess Luna brought the pony tribes together, back when the Pegasus ponies made their homes on the sides of high cliffs and in mountain caves, there was a silly little filly. The silly little filly loved to fly, swooping through clouds, but especially the clouds of a particular remote mountain. Her mother had told her to stay away from the mountain because it was said the mountain ate pegasi ponies. But the clouds around the forbidden mountain where both fluffier than all the rest and rainbow colored!

One day, she was swooping through some especially colorful and fluffy clouds, when, CRASH! She struck something mid flight and would have indeed been eaten had she not fell senseless onto a convenient ledge below. When she came to her senses and looked up, she saw something strange; the force of her crash had blown the clouds apart and revealed a colorful floating rock. As she flew up to investigate, she noticed the wind from her wings was pushing bits of cloud around the rock. She was amazed to see that as the bits of cloud touched the stone, the turned the same rainbow hue as the rock!
Not only that, but any clouds that touched the rainbow cloud became rainbow colored too!

Well, the silly little filly took the stone home to her mother who was very angry and surprised. Her mother took the rock from her and took it to her father. Her father was amazed, and took the rock down the street to the eldest stallion. The eldest stallion was amazed and took it to the town mayor. The mayor was amazed and took it to the royal sheriff. The royal sheriff was amazed and took it to the royal doorpony at the castle of the queen. The royal doorpony was amazed and took it to the royal steward. The royal steward was amazed and took it to the royal captain of the guard . The royal captain of the guard was amazed and presented it to the queen. The queen was amazed and ordered the silly little filly to appear before the court.

The silly little filly was filled with dread. She thought she was going to be punished by the queen for constantly disobeying her mother, and going to the Pegasus eating mountain. When the silly little filly stood before the queen her hooves and wings trembled.

The queen saw this and asked, “Pray thee child, why do you tremble so?”

Unable to control herself, the silly little filly threw herself at the queens feet and sobbed, “Please my queen, please do not banish me, or throw me in a dark pit or make me eat meat! I promise I will never again disobey my mother, I will never again go near the pegasi pony eating mountain with the colorful fluffy clouds ever again!”

Now, the queen was good and wise and quickly saw what was going on.

“You silly little filly, I'm not angry with you. I will not banish you, or throw you in a dark pit never to feel the wind nor make you eat meat! I want to thank and reward you,” she queen said in a kindly tone.

The silly little filly stopped sobbing and looked up in wonderment at her good and wise queen.

“My royal advisers tell me that with this wonderful rock we can build a city out of clouds that will be the envy of all the earth ponies and unicorn ponies alike and it's all thanks to you!”

The silly little filly was overjoyed and gave a great whoop, jumped into the air and began to do somersaults and cartwheels while the queen and her court smiled up at her.

The queen was as good as her word, and soon a great city of clouds and rainbow stone was built, mighty and majestic for all the earth ponies and unicorn ponies to be envious of.

From that day forward, the silly little filly was an honored guest of the queen and all her royal court. The silly little filly was also given the title of princess of Cloudsdale, where lived out the rest of her days, happy and content.

The end.

The filly continued to squirm in her seat, rolling her eyes and sighing.

“Mooooom, that WAS another one of your lame stories, I mean, I'm not three anymore, I'm not going to fall for THAT. Jeez.” the filly groaned.

“And just whats 'lame' about it, my dear? I happen to love that particular story,” came a sweet voice from the fillies side.

“Whaddya mean whats 'lame' about...” the filly gasped. Sitting right next to her was none other than Princess Celestia herself.

“Why, I remember when 'I' told your mother that story many years ago, and I can assure you that is is very much true.”

There was a thud as the little filly slipped trying to climb off her seat and then a tail in the air as she bowed low enough to bonk her head on the ground.

“I, I, I'm s-so-sorry P-Princess! Please don't banish me to the moon!” the filly cried in terror.

“Oh, my silly little filly, I won't banish you to the moon, or throw you in a dark hole never to feel the wind again or make you eat meat!” the princess said with a hearty laugh in which the fillies mother joined in.

“And you, Juicy Fruit, I haven't seen you in years, I trust your parents are well?”

“Oh yes,” the mare replied with a smile.

“Do they still run that Inn in Ponyville?” the princess asked.

“They retired years ago and left it to me, but they are watching it while I take the silly little filly here for her first visit to Cloudsdale.”

“Well, you enjoy your stay. You too my silly little filly,” said the princess with a kind smile as she got up and strode away, flanked by two Pegasus pony guards that seemed to come out of nowhere.

Juicy Fruit looked down at her daughter, who was standing in shock, mouth agape.

“Well, Kool Aid, shall we be going?” the mare asked nonchalantly as she walked away, leaving the awestruck little filly to slowly catch up.