• Published 20th Oct 2017
  • 494 Views, 11 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Black Flag - Chokfi



The wasteland skies are dominated by only one force, the Pegasus Enclave. And yet there is one force that can appose them, the legendary ghost ship: the Carrion Skull. Now, a young parrot, with a motley crew in the skies, flies to try and find it.

  • ...
1
 11
 494

Chapter 2: Lion's Share

Chapter 2: Lion's Share

Dagi

I had to steal the bread, I was starving. What ponies sometimes didn't want to admit was the fact that we Sphinxes needed more food then their little pony asses. Of course, I wasn't bigger than ponies, because I was scrawny and young. But the largest of my kind were far larger, and if I had a good food I might have been able to get it. Although, maybe there were other reasons for them to be larger...

But that was a distraction, no, what I had to do was run. Several ponies were on my tail, with their large cutlasses... they had promised to cut off my paw if I was caught again, which meant I had to run. I dodged around market-goers, travelers, and all kinds of ponies and things. This was southern Equestria, and I knew my way around like my paws knew the sand.

I dodged into an ally, and I was about to get away when I heard the clearing of a throat. It was a Parrot, one of the creatures I had only seen once or twice. She asked me about what I was doing, and let me go, telling me to join her on a ship... Glad to be given an excuse to run, I kept going, as she went back and dealt with people.

I had little choice, so I eventually went on the ship. The thing had a magnificent masthead that seemed to take up half the ship, and it was colorful as could be. Those damn birds always had to be 'presenting'. As if they needed a fucking mate, they aught to just fuck the first bird they could find to keep themselves alive.

***

After a few hours, the parrot came back with some supplies and things. "Well, why don't you come with me to eat" she said, waiving her hand and inviting me to the dining hall. "We're a sitting duck, but I have enough gold and caps to keep us in food for a little while... Not as long since your with me, but still not a short time."

"Well, look, I'm glad you got me out of there. But If we're just going to sit around, I'm not going to be able to handle this. I need to leave this city, go out to the sands, and if I have to do that on my own I will." I said, staying polite and sitting at the table, digging into the bread.

"Yeah, and what are you going to do out there? Get caught by the facility? Get eaten by sand worms? The desert is a dangerous place, and the only way south is on my fucking ship." She slammed a knife into the table, as if warning me of something. "No, your going to stick with me. And I'ma teach you how to help me with the riggings. If I can get just one more crew member we can manage to pull this ship down, and that means caps. Once I'm down there I can get a new crew, and you'll get a good cut... if you intend to leave."

"And if I refuse?" I asked, staring at her. My golden fur ruffled under her powerful eyes, and my claws dug into the table slightly. "It's not like I know how to fly this thing. And you can't leave with just me... right?" I asked, staring at her, and she seemed surprisingly calm.

"Take this as your official conscription. I'm taking this ship in one week from here, to the three major trading outposts in the southern deserts. From here, to Kludgetown, to Saddle Arabia, to Abyssinia, and back. It won't be hard to do, and it will make us alot of money. I used most of mine to set up a cargo for us to ship." She said, staring into my eyes.

"If you leave, you will leave me stranded. You will be left in a town that doesn't like you, with no money to your name. You will be stranded in the northern desert, above the equatorial jungle, and never be able to get past it to the source of all our riches. You come with me, you get paid." She said in simple terms, ones that I couldn't refute... or really refuse, since she had gotten me out of that jam.

"Fine, I suppose, but where are you going to find that third crew member? We need more than two people to even have at least one person awake at all times, and I know you must have something for that..." I sighed, giving in to it all. "I mean, what are you going to do, just find a random pony or something to do things?"

"Hmm, that might not be the best idea, Saddle Arabia and Abyssinia are fine, but Kludgetown has a... rocky history with pure ponies. I'd say we should try to find someone else. Maybe if we put up something in a tavern we can get an applicant or two." she said, staring off into the distance. "Go fetch me a peice of parchment from my study."

***

Drafting up the flier took a while, the situation being a bit complicated. We both knew that not many would accept such a long trip, especially one that didn't start with an up front payment, so we had to be persuasive. In the end Electra, who told me her name after bossing me around for several hours, wrote most of the actual thing. It included a partial manifest of our cargo, proving we could deliver with our promises.

Eventually we did get one applicant, but it was really kind of hard to understand what he wanted. But I didn't get any say in weather or not he was accepted, and Electra only had a week. So that was the best that could be done at the time.

Footnote!

Dagi:

STR: 8
PER: 4
END: 6
CHA: 4
INT: 6
AGI: 4
LCK: 8

Traits:

Mysterious Species: No one quite knows where your species comes from, and you aren't entirely sure yourself. This Leads to alot of confusion as to what exactly you can do, and makes it so that no one who meets you for the first time will be familier with your race's skills. You also get a bonus to Intimidation worth 25%.

Dunewalker: While you can survive in other environments, you've lived your entire life In the desert, and it shows. You have +20 resistance to fire and heat, and you are able to move at +10 speed on sand. However, in wooded or jungle environments you have -10 speed, and you loose access to certain skills.

Author's Note:

Alright, everyone vote. What kind of creature would you rather see as the next member of the crew. I'm throwing around the idea of a hippogriff, an Abysnian cat, and a few other things. Let me know soon, cus I'm going to write the next chapter in a few days.