• Published 15th Oct 2017
  • 1,602 Views, 6 Comments

Equestria Girls - The Legend of Friendship - Danieru



A Rewrite of Equestria Girls based on the story of My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship which adds one male character to the mane six and several other OC characters to the story of Friendship is Magic

  • ...
7
 6
 1,602

1. Thieves from another world

Author's Note:

Read before you continue!

This story is a rewrite of the first Equestria Girls movie. This rewrite is based on the story "My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship".
My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship tells the story of an OC stallion who is accompanying the mane six on their adventures. It basically retells the whole story of Friendship is Magic by adding him and several other OC's, who either serve as site or supporting characters or antagonists of the story.
It is highly recommended to read through Chapter 1 - 65 before you read through this story if you want to read in the original order.
If you have or if you are simply not bothered by it, then you may continue.


I'm still an amateur writer and would welcome it if you tell me your opinion about this story, whether it is pointing out flaws or giving me tips, every single review is welcome.
With all that said, I hope you have a fun time reading and tune in for the next chapter.


Reading Order:

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 1 + 2(Chapter 1 - 53)

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship - Diary of The Storm Wings

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 3(Chapter 54 - 65)

Equestria Girls - The Legend of Friendship

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship - Outcasts

Knock knock knock.

A knocking from downstairs abruptly woke up Star Twinkle from his sleep. Here he thought he could get a rest from all those things that happened recently and relax for one day but he figured that this was simply too much to ask for. He rubbed his eyes after sitting up from his bed and let out a big yawn before he heard some knocking from downstairs once more, indicating that he didn't even have time for that.

With a heavy sigh, Star Twinkle rolled out of his bed and went downstairs to get the door, his mood, obviously grumpy. “I should really put a sign on my front door that says: Do not bother me this early,” he thought to himself bothered while walking towards the door.

When he opened the door, there was a really nervous purple-coated-recently-Alicorn-ascendant mare standing in front of his door. “Star Twinkle! It's horrible!” She said in frustration.

Star Twinkle's eyes shut open. “What is it!?” He replied a little worried.

“Princess Celestia invited me to a Princess Summit over in the Crystal Empire!” She explained in a panic.

Star Twinkle's eyelids dropped down halfway and he made an annoyed expression. “Is that all?” He asked, clearly not understanding the problem.

“What do you mean, “Is that all?” This will be the very first Princess Summit I'll ever attend to! I have no idea what to expect or what I have to do there!”

The first thing Star Twinkle wanted to suggest, would have been that she shouldn't break out in a panic. However, Twilight seemed to be way past that point already. “I'm sure the other princesses will tell you how things will go once you arrive. You know all of the other princesses so I don't think that they will be too hard with you,” he assured, in an attempt to calm Twilight down again.

Twilight's mood didn't seem to be fully changed from that but she did calm down a little after thinking about those facts. Twilight's coronation was just a few days ago and looking at how she behaved since then, definitely showed that she had to get used to all the changes. Especially the wings on her back. Rainbow Dash had offered her help to teach Twilight some flying lessons but so far, it didn't come to any of those. Star Twinkle remembered all too well, how Rainbow Dash offered the same to him, once he gained the ability to grow wings. Luckily, Star Twinkle's “Transformation” was not permanently and he didn't have to get used to two wings on his back constantly. Looking back at it, Star Twinkle would probably freak out as well if he suddenly turned into an Alicorn.

Eventually, Twilight's regained her calm and talked normally to the green-coated Earth Pony. “You're probably right...still, would you mind coming with me to the Crystal Empire?” She asked with puppy eyes that were hard to resist against.

“Of course,” Star Twinkle replied, though it was in a very bothered tone. He also came up with another idea. “How about we get the others as well? It's not often that we visit the Crystal Empire. We can turn this more into a trip so that you look forward to something after the summit,”

Twilight definitely gave this idea a shot and thought about it until she fully agreed to it. ”That sounds like a great idea!” She said enthusiastically. “I knew that visiting you was a good idea,” she added while she smiled in joy. “I go and grab the others. We meet at the train station in a few hours,” she finished before she walked away waved Star Twinkle goodbye.

Star Twinkle waved back at Twilight and let out a heavy sigh after realizing that there this day would be a little more stressful than he originally planned. “So much for a quiet and relaxing day, huh. Well, at least it will be nothing too troublesome...” he mumbled to himself before he went inside to get ready for the trip.


Later, at the train station of the Crystal Empire...


Everypony was excited to visit the Crystal Empire again. If one would look at the group then they would nowhere nearly expect that they “escorted” a princess to a summit. It rather looked like a group of ponies who were on a trip to visit the empire, which in hindsight was exactly what Star Twinkle intended to in order to make the visit for Twilight more comfortable.

The group went spent some time in the empire while there were at it. The summit wouldn't be held until the next day anyway. Eventually, the group went to the direction of the castle, once they were done with their trip.

Twilight began to worry once she realized that the fun part was over and that she now had to focus on her duties, whatever those duties would be.
“Hoo-wee!” Applejack said in excitement for Twilight. “Your very first Princess Summit. You must be over the moon, Twilight,”

“Oh, I am excited. But, to be honest, I'm a little nervous, too,” Twilight replied.

“You're 'nervicited'!” Pinkie Pie joined in, making Star Twinkle feel like as if his brain shut off for a moment, figuring out what this word meant. “It's like you wanna jump up and down and yell "YAY ME!!" But you also wanna curl up in a teeny-tiny ball and hide at the same time!” She said as she literally curled up into a ball for a moment before she stood up again, for some reason some kind of mechanical sound in the process. “We've all been there!”

“I'm there almost every day,” Fluttershy admitted, which didn't surprise anyone.

Realizing that Twilight was a little troubled, Applejack tried her best to cheer her up but Rarity quickly interrupted the two with even bigger concerns. At least when it came to Rarity... “TWILIGHT! Oh, sorry, darling, but I just realized you're not wearing your crown. You haven't forgotten it back in Ponyville, have you?”

“It's in my bag,” Twilight assured. “Just feel a little self-conscious about wearing it. Haven't really gotten accustomed to these yet, either,” she said referring to the two wings on her back.

But Rarity insisted. “You are a princess now, Twilight. Embrace it! I'm telling you, if I had a crown like that, I would never take it off. Why, I'd sleep in the thing,” Yet another statement nopony was really surprised of.

“She probably needs some more time to get used to all of this,” Applejack said.

“Yeah!” Rainbow Dash joined in. “Soon she will fly with those wings like me! Well, almost like me of course,” she corrected.

“I was actually referring to the whole princess thing...” Applejack pointed out to which Rainbow Dash simply rubbed her neck a little confused.

The more the word “Princess” fell, the more Star Twinkle could swear that Twilight would become more and more upset. He advised that they should go the castle to get this whole thing over with as soon as possible and hopefully distract her from anything related to being a princess. Unfortunately, as soon as the group entered the main hall of the Crystal Castle, the complete opposite was the case.
When they opened the door to the main hall, there was a huge line of ponies, mainly consisting of Crystal Guards who all played horns to announce the arrival of Twilight. Being greeted like that and looking around a little embarrassed actually made Twilight walk into one member of the Royal Guards by accident. However, he didn't seem to mind and proudly announced Twilight's arrival. “Her Highness, Princess Twilight Sparkle!”

If there was supposed to be any distraction from being a princess, it was certainly gone now. Luckily, as soon as Twilight spotted the other princesses, she seemed a lot happier. Princess Cadance was the first one to approach Twilight and embrace her. “I haven't seen you since the coronation!”

Of course, Princess Celestia and Luna were not far behind and greeted the group as well. They didn't seem to bother that Twilight was accompanied by her friends, which only proved that Twilight didn't have much to worry about this summit in the first place. Star Twinkle figured that they wouldn't just throw Twilight into some kind of duties without showing some consideration that she just became a princess recently.

Princess Celestia pointed out that the summit would be held on the next day and suggested that the group should take it easy for the rest of the day and rest. An idea that Star Twinkle could fully get behind. Looking out of the windows of the castle, the group could already see the sunset and figured that it was a little late to do anything else now so the group was sent away to get some sleep.


Later that night...


Spending time in a castle sure was something. The beds were comfortable and it was peacefully quite outside, besides some wandering hoof steps that came from some Crystal Guards outside of the room. But it was not enough to keep Star Twinkle from his good night sleep. However, another thing did, that caused him to get up. He sat up in the middle of the night and made a bothered face once he realized why he woke up all of the sudden. “...bathroom...” he simply said before he walked outside of his room.

While wandering through the castle he just now realized how big it was. The ceiling was so high up that it almost made him feel dizzy. It was the only thing he could concentrate on because, to his dislike, he couldn't take care of his more immediate concern. “How am I supposed to find the bathroom in a castle like this? Everything in here looks the same!” He thought frustrated as he tried to find what he was looking for.

Suddenly, a loud noise made Star Twinkle snap out and he turned around after realizing that it came from behind him. Luckily there was nothing but the sound may come from around the corner so he decided to peek around the wall. When he did, he only saw a Crystal pony knocked unconscious by something or somepony. He quickly found his answer after he focused his eyes a little more. A few steps away from the Crystal Guard on the ground, stood a pony, wearing a black hood. This pony was most likely the one who knocked the guard down. As soon as the pony noticed, that he or she was being watched at, it ran away into the opposite direction and fled from Star Twinkle.

Star Twinkle was the only one to witness what happened there so he had no choice but to run after the pony. Star Twinkle didn't have any problems catching up and was only steps away from this hooded pony. The chase was only straight forward. The hooded pony wasn't taking any lefts or rights and kept running in one direction. Soon, Star Twinkle realized that this pony was running straight to where his and his friend's rooms were, meaning that he could scream for help to get this pony.

There was a right coming up that would lead to his friend's rooms but the pony still ran straight forward. Star Twinkle had to shout that there was an intruder in the castle to get his friends attention but before he could shout, another hooded pony came running past him from the right. “Huh?” Was the only reaction that Star Twinkle could do before he ran straight into somepony. He and the pony he ran into were both knocked to the ground. Seconds later, Star Twinkle recognized the pony on the ground. “Twilight!?” He said in surprise, seeing her on the ground because of him but also because he was confused why she was running around in the castle at this hour.

“Star Twinkle, quick! This pony has my crown!” She said fully ignoring that little clash of them and pointing towards the pony that just ran past Star Twinkle seconds ago.

When Star Twinkle looked at the direction of the pony that he followed before, he noticed that he or she was nowhere to be found anymore so he decided to chase after the pony that Twilight was following. The rest of their friends seemed already alerted about the intruder and chased after the pony as well.

Twilight quickly prepared a spell and teleported herself in front of the pony, blocking his or her path. However, the hooded pony did exactly the same and teleported right behind Twilight while dropping the black hood right into her face. The hooded pony revealed to be a Unicorn mare with an amber colored coat, a red mane with yellow stripes, cyan colored eyes and a red and yellow shimmering sun as a Cutie Mark. She was also wearing a saddlebag where the stolen crown of Twilight was most likely in.

The chase continued to a room with some kind of mirror at the end of it. The mare seemed relieved to reach this room, indicating that this is where she wanted to run off to. Star Twinkle was the one who was the closest to this mare right now and noticed how she was trying to get right to the mirror for some reason. Eventually, Star Twinkle decided to use his ability to transform into a Unicorn and tried to cut off the mares path by teleporting himself right in front of this mirror. To the mares surprise, she stopped abruptly in her track and was soon jumped from Twilight, causing her to drop the crown in the process. The crown shot out of the bag and wildly bounced off from the ground and the walls until it flew right in direction of Star Twinkle, who reached out his hoof to catch it.
“I got it!” Star Twinkle said as he reached out one of his hoofs.

But suddenly, he was knocked away from somepony who charged at him from the side. The pony placed itself in front of the mirror and caught the crown instead. Star Twinkle's head spun for a second but he did notice the pony standing a few hooves away from him. The hooded pony took off his hood as well and revealed to be an Earth Pony stallion with a light red coat and a dark rust colored mane, yellow eyes and a yellow and orange colored sun with a red dot in the middle as a Cutie Mark. “Nope. I got it,” he said victoriously as he held the crown in one of his hooves while smiling smugly at the light green pony.

Star Twinkle's response was a shot from his horn right at the light red stallion. However, his shot was a little inaccurate and almost hit the crown itself, causing the stallion to clumsily drop the crown right at the mirror. But instead of like breaking the mirror or something, the crown went right through it, much to the shock of everypony, except the two intruders.

“What happened to my crown?” Twilight asked in confusion towards the mare who was right next to her on the ground because of the previous ambush.

“Sorry, it had to be this way...” The mare returned with a sinister smile on her face before she teleported herself next to the stallion in front of the mirror. “Princess,” she mockingly added.
“Let's go!” She said towards her companion before she literally walked through the mirror.

The stallion raised a hoof and waved over to the group. “Don't forget to greet the Princess for us!” He said in an uncertain tone in his voice that could either be sarcastic or mocking. He soon stepped into the mirror as well and left everypony in confusion.

The group didn't know how to react to this situation. The first thing that Twilight attempted was to walk right through the mirror as well but Star Twinkle pointed out that this was a really bad idea since they didn't know what was behind it. The next best thing they came up with was informing the Princesses about this. Obviously, a much better decision.

The group went to the Princesses and Celestia did seem to know some things about the two intruders. “Two ponies who came from the other side of the mirror,” she said quietly as she rubbed her chin. “Judging from your description, they must be Sunset Shimmer and Radiant Blast,”

“Sunset Shimmer and Radiant Blast?” Twilight returned confused.

“Sunset Shimmer was a former student of mine. And Radiant Blast was once a member of the Royal Guards,” Princess Celestia explained.

“Great...one more Royal Guard that we have to take care of?” Star Twinkle thought a little annoyed, referring to Fade, who was the previous Captain of the Royal Guards. A threat that they had to take care of not too long ago.

Princess Celestia continued. “Sunset Shimmer was often close to me when she started her studies and soon met Radiant Blast who was starting to become a Royal Guard around the same time. This caused both of them to become friends over time. However,” she started to hesitate before she continued. “Once they realized that they didn't progress as quickly as they expected, they decided to pursue their own paths. One that has sadly led to her stealing your crown,”

“She replaced Twilight's with this one,” Spike pointed out as he showed a crown that almost looked identically to Twilight's with the exception of the Element inside of it.

“I suppose they thought you wouldn't notice right away that this was not yours. And by the time you did, it would be too late to go after your crown and Element of Harmony,” Princess Celestia explained.

Of course, that didn't exactly explain the question where those two went of to after walking through the mirror. Princess Celestia advised the group to follow her in order to get the rest of the answers. Soon, they all found themselves in the room where the mirror was inside. Princess Luna walked next to the mirror and explained “This is no ordinary mirror. It is a gateway to another world. A gateway that opens once every thirty moons. It has always been kept in the throne room of Canterlot Castle. But when Princess Cadance took over the Crystal Empire, we sent it here for her to watch over,”

Princess Celestia sighed. “I had always hoped that those two would someday use it to return, to come back to Equestria seeking my guidance. Obviously, this is not what has happened,”

Clearly, the timing couldn't be more perfect. Sunset Shimmer and Radiant Blast just had to come out of the mirror as soon as Twilight and her crown was there too. Still, knowing about those two and where they went off to, as well as knowing that they didn't have much time to retrieve the crown, meant that somepony had to go to this other world to get it back. With one of the Elements of Harmony gone, the rest of them wouldn't work which would mean that Equestria was in great danger if someone dangerous would appear in the future. There was also no telling what Sunset Shimmer and Radiant Blast would do if they used the power of the crown in this other world.

Twilight, obviously, was chosen to go to this world to get the crown back and the rest of her friends were ready to accompany her but Princess Celestia surprisingly was against this idea. “I'm afraid I can't let you go,” she said in a serious tone, making the excited mood that everypony was in vanish in an instant.

“What?! Why not?!” Rainbow Dash asked confused.

“Sending all of you could upset the balance of this alternate world, creating havoc that would make it impossible for Twilight to get the crown back,” Princess Celestia explained.

“Also,” Princess Luna joined in. “There is no telling if the mirror has enough power to send too many ponies to another world. However, since both Sunset Shimmer and Radiant Blast managed to get through it, it seems to at least have enough power to send two,” she further explained while she kept her eyes to the mirror.

“Yes. Two should be fine,” Princess Celestia agreed.

“Alright! Then it's settled!” Rainbow Dash said excitedly. “With me and Twilight, over there, we will have the crown back in no time!”

“Actually,” Twilight interrupted. “Not to be rude or anything but I would rather have Star Twinkle with me,” she said, causing Star Twinkle's ears to stand up in surprise.

“What!? Why?” Rainbow Dash questioned.

“Yeah! Why!?” Star Twinkle agreed shocked.

“I also think that Star Twinkle would be the best choice,” Princess Celestia added, much to Star Twinkle's dislike. “While each of you possesses many positive features, I think that Star Twinkle's nature combined with Twilight would be best to confront Sunset Shimmer and Radiant Blast,”

“You got to be kidding me...” Star Twinkle thought, not being happy at all to be put into this situation.

“Time is of the essence,” Princess Luna joined in. “On the third day, when the moon reaches its peak in the night sky, the gateway will close. And once it does, it will be another thirty moons before you will be able to use it to return,” she pointed out further.

Twilight walked up to the mirror and stood confidently in front of it waiting for Star Twinkle to come as well who still seemed to hesitate. But after seeing how everypony looked at him, made him eventually walk towards the mirror as well. “Alright, alright, I'm coming,” he said annoyed as he slowly walked in front of the mirror and next to Twilight.

They both hesitated at first and poked at the mirror to make sure that it was safe. Once their hooves touched it, a light came right from it, causing them to turn their heads around one more time to look at the others. Star Twinkle looked at the mirror with some uncertainty and fear on his face but as soon as he noticed how Twilight gave him a confident smile, he began to take a deep breath and made formed a confident look on his face.

Both of them then went through the mirror at the same time and saw some kind of light that blinded them for a second. What happened next couldn't even be described in words. They seemed to swirl around as they crossed worlds. They were lights and colors flashing all over the place and it felt like as if they were on a roller coaster that went into all kinds of directions. Thankfully, this “roller coaster” didn't last for too long and the two found themselves on the ground somewhere.

They both opened their eyes slowly and tried to figure out where they are and if they were alright. The first thing, that Star Twinkle saw, was a gray road with grass surrounding it. There also seemed to be some kind of building in front of him. Then there was some kind of purple dog wearing a spiked collar around its neck in front of him. Something about this dog looked really familiar.

“Are you two okay?” The dog asked in an all too familiar voice.

“Huh? Spike! You're not supposed to– “ Twilight's voice said from Star Twinkle's right side who was clearly confused about why Spike was there as well, hadn't it been this strange form that he was in now. “Spike? Are you a... dog?” She asked confused.

Star Twinkle's head was still spinning so he couldn't quite concentrate to move his head properly and only heard Twilight's voice next to him. Spike, who really seemed to be that dog in front of them inspected himself and realized just now that he clearly was a dog now. “I... think so,” he said in his realization before his eyes wandered to Star Twinkle and Twilight. “But I have no idea what you two are!” He said heavily confused.

It was then that Star Twinkle's head stopped spinning and he finally could move his head properly. He tried to get up but seemed to have some struggle by doing so. It felt like as if his legs responded a little different, making it hard to stand up on his hooves. “What is going on?” He though confused as he tried to get up.

Suddenly, Twilight began to scream in terror making Star Twinkle's head almost explode. He looked over to her “What's wrong Twi-” but he stopped in the middle of the sentence after he saw how Twilight looked a lot different now. Her legs were a lot longer and skinnier and she no longer had any hooves. She also didn't seem to have any ears on her head anymore and instead had some round ones on the sides of her head. Also, she was wearing some strange clothes, like a light blue top with a purple bow tie, a dark purple shirt with her Cutie Mark on it, dark purple sock that went up to what looks like to be her knees, and black shoes. Her mane, or whatever it was now, looked almost the same and her coat seemed to be replaced by some sort of skin. It was also worth pointing out she was still screaming the whole time.

Soon, there was another thought that shot through his mind. “Wait...if that is Twilight then what happened to...” he said before he tried to exam his own body as well. He raised his hooves but instead of seeing two hooves, he saw the same things that were on Twilight as well, fingers. Star Twinkle's heart was beating faster. He then tried to get up with those things and stumbled, causing him to fall on his behind, with his hind legs in front of him now. There were the same long and skinny legs that Twilight had. Star Twinkle's heart began beating even faster. He then looked to the left and saw a confidently placed puddle on the ground where he could examine his face further. He was afraid to look at himself but curiosity won him over and he decided to take a look. Inside the puddle, he saw himself. His ears, placed on the sides on his head, and his mouth and nose being a lot smaller than before. He had a light green skin. His mane remained unchanged but for some reason, he had a white and light green cap on his head with a white star on it. He was also wearing some strange clothes. He was wearing a jacket which upper half was dark green and the lower half white, light gray trousers and black shoes with a light green line one it.

Star Twinkle did his best to remain calm but the longer he looked at his reflection the more frustrated he became. Soon, there was only one thing that he could come up with doing in this situation. One thing that fully expressed how he felt right now.


Screaming in shock alongside Twilight...


To be continued...