• Published 15th Oct 2017
  • 1,602 Views, 6 Comments

Equestria Girls - The Legend of Friendship - Danieru



A Rewrite of Equestria Girls based on the story of My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship which adds one male character to the mane six and several other OC characters to the story of Friendship is Magic

  • ...
7
 6
 1,602

6. The Fall Formal Dance

Everything went well, at last. Instead of being split into different groups, the school was finally united. And that was all thanks to Twilight, who reminded her friends of their friendship which eventually led Rarity to come up with her plan. This again got the group closer to Twilight's crown.

The group took a look at the other students as they walked past them in the main hallway of the school. “Doesn't everyone look just fabulous?” Rarity commented as she looked over to all the students who were now wearing her headpieces and tails. Uniting the school was one thing but she also liked selling her accessories along the way.

“It was a great idea, Rarity!” Twilight said happily.

However, for everything good, there also needed to be something bad. And that bad was just walking towards the group. Sunset Shimmer.

“Don't know what she's smilin' about. Twilight's the one that's gonna be Princess of the Fall Formal,” Applejack said confident but also confused by Sunset Shimmers expression which was just a plain wide smile.

The thought that she already had something in mind to counter Twilight's effort to unite the school already crossed Star Twinkle's mind but he somehow wished that it wasn't like this. She couldn't possibly have another ace up her sleeve already.

But instead of confronting Twilight and the others, Sunset Shimmer merely walked past the group without saying a single word. Though she did turn her head around as soon as she walked past them, still having a huge smile on her face.

“Just ignore her,” Rainbow Dash advised.

“Yeah, she probably is mad at you and tries to play tough right now,” Applejack added with a smile on her face as well.

It did seem to calm Twilight down a little. “Yeah, you're probably right,” she replied, trying to not focus on Sunset Shimmer anymore, even if that was easier said then done.

Star Twinkle wanted to believe that as well but the only way he could calm down was once Twilight got her crown back. Until then, his worry would not simply vanish like that.


Later...


Star Twinkle and the others wanted to make sure that Twilight would get the most votes and talked to most of the people or groups. All of them seemed relieved that they could spend time with each other. Of course, being separated in groups before made it hard to interact with each other so they were all happy that they found new friends now. It didn't look like as if anyone was against Twilight which was perfect since everyone was pretty much against Sunset Shimmer winning the crown. Twilight will win the vote. Not even Sunset Shimmer could stop her now.

“Looks like we will be back in Equestria by tonight. Along with the crown,” Star Twinkle said relieved as he walked through the hallway with Twilight next to her.

“Looks like it. The others are already preparing everything for tonight. After all, it is still a pretty important night,” Twilight replied happily, getting a little excited about tonight. “I think Rarity even prepared some fancy clothes for you,” she jokingly added slightly poking Star Twinkle's sides with her elbow.

“I'm just glad that we can return home...” Star Twinkle replied, not bothering to answer to Twilight directly. “But I have to admit, meeting our friend's counterparts in this world was kind...nice,” he added with a smile on his face.

“Yeah...I will miss them...” Twilight said a little saddened but also happy.

“Me too...” Star Twinkle said in almost the same manner as Twilight.

The two were then suddenly interrupted by someone. “Twilight Sparkle,” a voice then said in a very serious tone behind the two, causing them to turn around.

The one who was talking to them was a tall person, with dark blue hair that had some light grayish colors in it. Her skin had a blue-grayish color and her eyes were opal green. She was also wearing a light purple top, dark blue trousers and white and pink shoes. Star Twinkle was by now getting used to finding out who was who in this world and it was easy to find out who that was. It was Vice-Principal Luna.

“Is something the matter?” Twilight asked nervously because of Vice-Principal Luna's serious tone in her voice which definitely made her feel smaller in this moment.

“You need to come with me,” Vice-Principal Luna said in a very serious tone which easily made the two feel a little smaller just by standing in the mere presence of her. “You will come with me now,”

From what Star Twinkle and Twilight knew so far, Vice Principal Luna was the second highest in charge of Canterlot High so the best thing was to just do what she said before getting into more trouble, even though it looked like as if she was already in some kind.

Star Twinkle was not allowed to enter Vice-Principal Luna's office and waited outside. Whatever the reason was for Twilight to get into trouble, Star Twinkle believed that it was just some kind of misunderstanding. That was until he saw Radiant Blast walking up to him with a smug smile on his face. He already didn't like what Radiant Blast was about to say to him but all of the sudden, he now realized why Twilight was in trouble.

“Looks like your little princess is in trouble,” Radiant Blast said as he smugly leaned against the wall.

“You!” Star Twinkle said angered. “It was you and Sunset Shimmer who did this, right?” He quickly suspected. “What did you do?”

“Perhaps it would be better if I show you,” Radiant Blast said before he wanted Star Twinkle to follow him.

Star Twinkle had a hard time trusting Radiant Blast but he was also curious what he or Sunset Shimmer did, to cause Twilight to get in trouble so he followed him with his eyes peeled about anything suspicious what Radiant Blast might do. Star Twinkle followed Radiant Blast to the gym. It was the place where the dance would be tonight which Pinkie Pie decorated. However, once he arrived at the gym, everything inside was completely ruined. The decoration was destroyed and laid scattered on the ground. It was a mess, to put it in more simple words.

Radiant Blast began to explain after he realized how shocked Star Twinkle was by this picture. “With your little dance from before, which caused everyone to band together, there was no way that anyone would not vote for Twilight so we just had to make sure that she will be forbidden to compete against Sunset Shimmer at all. Which is most likely what is Vice-Principal Luna doing right now,” he explained with a confident smile on his face.

“So you blamed this all on Twilight?” Star Twinkle figured angered after hearing Radiant Blast's explanation. “That is dirty! She should have won!” He added angered towards Radiant Blast.

“I think I told you before...If you get in Sunset Shimmer's way, then I will stop you,” Radiant Blast replied, not getting intimidated by Star Twinkle in the slightest, causing Star Twinkle to glare at Radiant Blast who just smiled back cheerfully. “Hey, don't give me that look, okay? It's really nothing personal. Really, if you wouldn't have stood against Sunset Shimmer, then we might even get to be friends,” he said before he turned around leaving the gym, waving Star Twinkle goodbye.

Star Twinkle just looked at the gym and it's ruined state. With the gym looking like this, there was no way that the dance could be held in there tonight. This was a problem since Twilight had to get her crown back tonight because the portal to Equestria would close after that, trapping him and her for thirty moons into this world. And all that was because of Sunset Shimmer and Radiant Blast. The latter one he could only give one more glare.

“Why are you doing all this!?” Star Twinkle exclaimed towards Radiant Blast who had already set foot outside of the gym but stopped after he heard Star Twinkle behind him. Since Star Twinkle had Radiant Blast's attention, he might as well continued. “Why is Sunset Shimmer so obsessed with Twilight's crown? From what it looks like, she seemed to have everything under control before Twilight showed up. So why does she want the crown? What is she planning to do with it?”

Radiant Blast turned around and felt like answering after coming so far already. “You're right. Everything was fine until you showed up. Sunset Shimmer worked so hard to get to this point. To have the school under her full control. But that wasn't enough. Ruling over this world means nothing to her. She wanted something else...” he explained surprisingly calm.

“And that is?” Star Twinkle asked, feeling that he calmed down a bit as he listened to Radiant Blast.

Radiant Blast kept a serious expression on his face and almost emotionless answered, which sent shivers down on Star Twinkle's back.
“Equestria...”

The mood became really serious all of the sudden. Star Twinkle could only return a confused and slightly concerned look towards Radiant Blast who was doing him a favor and explained further.

“As you might have noticed, there is no magic in this world. Sunset Shimmer once asked if you know what happens if you bring a magical artifact like Twilight's crown into this world,” Radiant Blast explained, causing Star Twinkle to remember how amused Sunset Shimmer was after she found out that Twilight didn't know the answer. Star Twinkle didn't say a thing and let Radiant Blast continue. “Since this world has no magic, there is no way that it can defend itself from Equestrian magic. That means that we can use the magic to control the people in this world to attack Equestria,”

“Attack Equestria!?” Star Twinkle replied in shock, despite already knowing that Sunset Shimmer was planning something evil. However, Star Twinkle's determination to stop her was unshaken. “All the more reason to stop her!”

But Radiant Blast's determination didn't change either. “And I will do everything to stop you from doing that! Like I said before,”

“Is that really what you want!?” Star Twinkle asked a little more angry, not understanding how Radiant Blast was helping Sunset Shimmer like that. “She is trying to put Equestria in danger! The place where you once lived as well! Don't you see that what she is doing is evil?”

Radiant Blast's determined face slowly began to change. He lowered his head and looked towards the ground with a frown on his face until he finally answered. “Of course, I do...” he then said in a rather depressed tone in his voice, much to Star Twinkle's surprise who didn't exactly knew how to respond to that. “Do you think I'm stupid?” He added to which Star Twinkle could answer, judging from some previous encounters but he decided not to. At this very moment, he was more surprised about Radiant Blast's answer.

“You know?” Star Twinkle replied confused. “Then why do you keep helping Sunset Shimmer if you think the same way like me?”

Radiant Blast avoided eye contact and hesitated at first to answer since he felt it wouldn't change anything. But eventually, he decided to continue anyway. “Because I am Sunset Shimmer's friend. That's why ” he answered while his eyes met Star Twinkle's

“So?” Star Twinkle replied still confused. “That doesn't mean that you have to agree to everything she says,”

“So I just leave her alone!?” Radiant Blast exclaimed frustrated, causing Star Twinkle to get startled for a second by those words. “In case you didn't notice, Sunset Shimmer is not really...liked by everyone here. They are either afraid of her, or worst, they hate her because of the things she did here. Because of that, she needs someone to be at her side. A friend. Me,”

Star Twinkle, for the first time, sympathized with Radiant Blast. Since the very beginning, he thought Radiant Blast was just some kind of henchman for Sunset Shimmer. Someone who didn't know how to stand up against her and just did as she said. But now he saw someone completely different in front of him. Someone who was prepared to do anything for a friend. Radiant Blast had no bad intentions like Sunset Shimmer. He just did what she said because he is the only one in this world that she can call her friend.

But despite that, the things they did can't be excused by that and Radiant Blast knew that as well. “Sunset Shimmer might be your friend but that doesn't mean that you can just continue like that. In fact, as a friend of her, you should tell her how you feel about all this,”

However, Radiant Blast did not bother to listen to those words too much and decided to end this conversation. He turned around again and this time he was about to walk outside for good. But not until he gave some last words to Star Twinkle. “All I have to do is helping Sunset Shimmer by staying at her side. That is what I did when she left Equestria, and that's what I will do here...” he said in a very threatening way which was this time not ruined by him walking into a wall or something, making it actual threatening.

But Star Twinkle didn't have time to worry about Radiant Blast. Right now, he was a little worried about Twilight and what Vice-Principal Luna talked with her about. Star Twinkle was on his way back to Vice-Principal Luna's office to meet up with Twilight but to his surprise, Twilight already came running towards him with a stressed-out look on her face.

“We got a problem!” Twilight said as she grabbed Star Twinkle's shoulder in frustration.

“What is it? What did Luna want from you?” Star Twinkle asked obviously.

“What?” Twilight replied confused, seeming to forget about that for some reason. “No. That has been taken care of, don't worry,” she assured, shaking her head in the process. “We got a bigger problem! The gym has been ruined by someone!”

“I know. It was Sunset Shimmer or Radiant Blast,” Star Twinkle replied. “Though I can't really prove it...”

“No! No! No! You don't understand!” Twilight said further stressed out shaking Star Twinkle back and forth in the process. “The dance has been postponed to tomorrow night because of that!”

“What!?” Star Twinkle replied shocked, now finally getting why Twilight was acting like that. “Isn't the portal closing tonight?”

“That is why we have a problem!” Twilight repeated frustrated.

The two calmed down at last and tried to think. Having the dance postponed, meant that they wouldn't get the crown until tomorrow. That would already be too late. The portal would have closed by then and trapped the two into this world for thirty moons. Having one of the Elements of Harmony absent, not to mention one of the princesses of Equestria, would be too dangerous. Not too mention that the two couldn't live in the library for that long.

“What are we gonna do now?” Twilight asked frustrated, pretty much asking for an alternative right now.

“I have no idea...” Star Twinkle replied, crossing his arms while trying to come up with something.

Spike, who also came out of Twilight's bag tried to join the two in coming up with a plan. Unexpectedly, he casually shared an idea with the two. “Why don't you tell the others the truth?”

Star Twinkle had a hard time taking this seriously. “Sure...why not?” Star Twinkle replied sarcastically.

“Yes, Spike, if we tell them something like that, then they probably won't help us anymore if they found out we're too different. We can't take that risk,” Twilight agreed.

However, Spike disagreed. “But what if they don't? Those girls helped you not because you were like them but because they saw what was inside of you. You could have just tried to get the crown yourself and ignore those girls problems. But you didn't and now they help you because they saw who you really are and not because you are like this or ponies or whatever,”

Star Twinkle and Twilight had to admit that those words left an impact on them. It even caused them to give Spike's idea a chance. It's not like they had any other idea anyway.

“Wow, Spike. That was a really good advice for once,” Star Twinkle complimented.

Spike didn't know why Star Twinkle had to use the word “for once” but he accepted the compliment. Twilight picked him up from the ground and lead the way to the girls, preparing herself to explain the situation to them. “You think they will believe us?” She still asked with some doubt towards Star Twinkle.

“They probably think that we are crazy...” Star Twinkle said in an amused tone, trying to think positive.

It was their only chance to get the crown tonight. The others just had to come up with an idea to make that possible. That is...if they believed Star Twinkle and Twilight. The girls were at a nearby boutique so the three went to it as fast as possible to tell them the truth, in hope that they would believe them.


Later...


“So let me get this straight...” Applejack started once Twilight explained the situation to her and the others. “You two...are ponies?”

Star Twinkle and Twilight nodded.

“And you come from another world?” Rainbow Dash asked.

Star Twinkle and Twilight nodded.

“And that crown is a magical artifact that you need to protect your world?” Fluttershy asked.

Star Twinkle and Twilight nodded.

“And if you don't get it back by tonight, you will be trapped here for a really long time?” Pinkie Pie asked.

Star Twinkle and Twilight nodded.

“And to top it all of...you are a princess?” Rarity asked towards Twilight.

Twilight nodded embarrassed and scratched her head.

There was an awkward pause after those questions. Star Twinkle couldn't take this silence and just wanted this to be over. “So...what do you say?” He asked a little awkwardly.

But no one answered. Once again it was up to Spike to save the situation. “Wow, you were right, Star Twinkle, they do think you are crazy,” he said casually, of course drawing the eyes of everyone on him instantly.

“He can talk!?” Rarity exclaimed shocked after seeing a dog talking for the first time.

“Oh, yeah! And back where I come from, I'm not even a dog! I'm a ferocious, fire-breathing dragon!” Spike then explained, bending the truth a little while doing so.

Rarity didn't know how to react to that but Fluttershy was obviously excited to see a talking animal for the first time and inspected Spike. Seeing a dog talking like that surely was something that was not normal in this world, making the story of Star Twinkle and Twilight at least more believable. Still, the girls didn't quite know how to react to all of this and looked at each other.

Eventually, Rainbow Dash summed up what everyone else was thinking at this very moment. “That... is...awesome!”

The girls began to get more excited after knowing the truth and asked more and more questions which Star Twinkle, Twilight, and Spike answered as best as they could. It was just awesome that they believed them and still offered their help to get Twilight's crown back. Looks like no matter what world they were in, their friends would always support them, no matter what.

But the happy chatter had to wait for a little while since there was still things to take care of. And for that, the group returned to the gym, seeing the mess inside of it for the first time as well.

“I simply cannot believe they did all this!” Rarity said frustrated after looking at the decoration scattered all over the ground.

“If I only had some kind of... party cannon that could decorate everything super fast!” Pinkie Pie said, ironically.

“I know it seems impossible, but, maybe if we all work together?” Twilight started.

Applejack, being the natural hard worker, of course, picked up on that. “Now that's the kinda can-do spirit I'm lookin' for in a Fall Formal Princess! Let's do it, y'all!” She said almost excited.

Though, Star Twinkle was against hard work, if it can be avoided, he also did his best to clean the place up and even did some repairs at the stage or the tables. Being a carpenter pony in Equestria sure was handy in this moment, even if it was a little weird to work with hands instead of hooves or his mouth. His work was definitely not as good as it was in his pony form but it was still good enough to call it decent.

As they cleaned up the place, more and more people began helping Star Twinkle and the others. It was like as if the whole school was suddenly helping them. Not only did it help because some people helped with the electronic or some heavy lifting which was too much for Star Twinkle's or the other but with so many people helping, the amount of time spent to clean up the place was shortened. It also looked like as if most people had some fun while doing some work with others.

Before they knew it, the work was already done and the place looked as good as new, if not even better then before. But the work would have been meaningless if Principal Celestia wouldn't allow the Dance to be held tonight. Fortunately, Principal Celestia took a look at the gym and was happily surprised to see it in this state. Her next words were exactly what everyone was hoping for. “All right, everyone! Fall Formal is back on for this evening,”

The students began to cheer after those words, clearly happy to have the dance back tonight. Principal Celestia reminded everyone to send in their votes before they left the gym and from the looks of it, everyone was on Twilight's side. Again, Twilight was on the safe side to win the vote but Sunset Shimmer and Radiant Blast were still out there, probably scheming something again to prevent that. Knowing that still worried Star Twinkle.


Later...


The group was getting ready for the big night. The girls made sure to be prepared by trying on various dresses and accessories that Rarity provided. Of course, Star Twinkle was not too much into those things and just grabbed a suit that Rarity recommended. It was a simple yet elegant black suit. It was in strong contrast to the white suit that he was wearing back then at the Grand Galloping Gala. Star Twinkle liked it and decided to wear it for the dance. He also still, wore his cap since he thought it would fit.

After trying on multiple dresses, the girls were finally ready as well. They all looked very good and put clearly much more thoughts into their dresses than Star Twinkle did with his suit. But for him, there was no reason to put more thoughts into it since he knew that he would just stand or sit somewhere in the corner. Parties were not really his thing after all. No matter which world he was in.

The group went back to the school once it began to get dark and before the dance was about to start. Some of the other students were already arriving at the school as well. The group, with the exception of Star Twinkle, were all very excited to enter the building and went inside.

“Um, hey!” A male voice then suddenly said towards Star Twinkle who was the last to enter the building. He turned around and saw someone approaching him. It was a boy wearing a black suit like him. The boy had dark blue hair a light orange colored skin and light blue eyes. Star Twinkle wasn't sure if he knew who this was. For some reason, the boy wanted to talk with Star Twinkle about something and judging from the nervous expression on his face, it seemed very important.
“Hey...I know we don't know each other at all but...do you mind if I ask you something?” The boy humbly asked as he scratched the back of his head nervously.

“Sure?” Star Twinkle replied confused.

The boy then puts aside his hesitation and spit out what he wanted to ask. “Do you mind if I ask Twilight out for a dance?”

Star Twinkle didn't know why this boy had such a hard time asking that and only got more confused before he decided to answer. “Why would I?”

The boy seemed surprised to hear this answer and expected this to be a little more difficult. “Well, I thought that...since you are always around her...that...I mean...you are not...uh...you know?” And again, he was hesitating to get out the words that he wanted to ask. But once he realized how Star Twinkle reacted to this behavior he again, pulled himself together. “So you don't mind if?”

“I don't...” Star Twinkle replied confused again. “But you obviously have to ask Twilight if she doesn't,” he advised.

“Of course!” The boy replied, like a recruit that just got an important order from his captain. “Thank you!” He then added happily as he rushed inside of the school, probably looking for Twilight at this very moment.

“For what?” Star Twinkle wondered before he walked inside of the school as well.

The night went pretty much like Star Twinkle excepted it to be. The girls were having a lot of fun and Star Twinkle was sitting in the corner somewhere, enjoying some drinks and listening to the music. The girls didn't worry about him too much and let him be. They already knew his behavior when it came to parties and crowded places. He didn't hate them but he was also no fan of them so he would always stay somewhere and wait for the party to be over.

Even if he wanted to, the thought that Sunset Shimmer was planning something right now didn't exactly put him in a party mood. He also kept thinking about Radiant Blast's words. Twilight was about to win the crown instead of Sunset Shimmer and since Radiant Blast wanted to do everything to prevent that, there was no telling what he probably was about to do.

Twilight and the others, however, didn't seem to get bothered by this and enjoyed every moment of the dance. As expected, the boy who asked Star Twinkle before was dancing with Twilight for a while until he returned to the stage to play some music with his band. Twilight seemed to enjoy spending time with him as well.

Eventually, the moment of truth was here. Principal Celestia walked up to the stage and the music was toned down. The students all stop dancing for a minute and focused their eyes on her for what she was about to say.

“First off, I wanna say how wonderful everything looks tonight. You all did a magnificent job pulling things together after the unfortunate events of earlier,” she said, clearly thankful as well that the dance could be held tonight. “And now, without further ado, I'd like to announce the winner of this year's Fall Formal crown,”

Now the moment was here. Vice-Principal Luna brought a box to the stage and opened it. Inside of it was Twilight's crown and there were only mere moments left until either Twilight or sunset Shimmer were elected to become Princess of the Fall Formal Dance. “The Princess of this year's Fall Formal is...” Principal Celestia said before she paused, obviously building up some tension.

The group was very nervous and waited patiently for the name. Star Twinkle was far in the back of the gym but could everything very clearly. He also had Twilight in clear sight and saw how she was nervous as well.

Principal Celestia finally stopped with the pause and revealed the name of the Princess of the Fall Formal.
“Twilight Sparkle!

The gym was filled cheers of joy, laughter, and excitement. It was obviously the result everyone expected and in the end, wanted.

Twilight walked up to the stage and finally received her crown after Principal Celestia congratulated her. Principal Celestia placed the crown on Twilight's head, finally returning it to her. The goal was reached and all that was left to do now was to return to Equestria. Star Twinkle smiled at the sight of seeing the crown back on Twilight's head but his attention then was drawn a little to the other corner of the gym. There was someone he definitely didn't want to see right now. Radiant Blast.

With a serious and determined expression on his face, he sneaked up on Spike, who was hiding in a corner of the gym since animals were not allowed to join the dance. Only moments later, Radiant Blast had him in his grip. “Help!” Spike then shouted, causing Twilight to notice how her dog was kidnapped by Radiant Blast and how Star Twinkle was already after him.

In an attempt to get Spike back, Star Twinkle charged right at Radiant Blast. But Radiant Blast only returned a serious expression and began running away. He ran outside of the gym and through the hallways of the school. Star Twinkle was right behind him and he noticed how Twilight and the girls were following him as well.

The chase eventually led the group back outside. In front of the portal to be specific. There, Sunset Shimmer was already waiting for them. “That's close enough!” Sunset Shimmer warned, causing the group to stop with a sledgehammer in her hand.

Spike screamed for help but with Radiant Blast having him in his grip, the group had no choice but to do whatever Sunset Shimmer wanted.

“Don't hurt him!” Twilight said towards Sunset Shimmer.

“Oh, I wouldn't dream of it. I'm not a monster, Twilight,” Sunset Shimmer replied. Surprisingly, she did give Radiant Blast a signal to release Spike and let him return to Twilight and the others.

This only raised the question of why she would go to the trouble to even get Spike if she was about to release him again. But soon it was obvious what she was about to do. “You don't belong here. Give me the crown or else...” she said threatening before she swung the sledgehammer in front of the portal that would get Star Twinkle, Twilight, and Spike back to Equestria.

A choice had to be made at this moment. Either Twilight would give Sunset Shimmer her crown and would be able to return home. Or she would keep it and she, Star Twinkle and Spike would be trapped here forever...


To be continued...

Author's Note:

The last chapter is right around the corner!
And so is another story called “My Little Pony – The Legend of Friendship – Outcasts” so you better follow me to get some notifications when I release it, just saying.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and that you will tune in for the finale of this story.

Bye ^^.

Reading Order:

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 1 + 2(Chapter 1 - 53)

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship - Diary of The Storm Wings

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 3(Chapter 54 - 65)

Equestria Girls - The Legend of Friendship

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship - Outcasts