• Published 20th Oct 2017
  • 1,081 Views, 11 Comments

Princess Luna Received a Love Letter - TheAnimerican



Princess Luna has a secret admirer, but how will she handle this?

  • ...
2
 11
 1,081

Distracted by Dreams

"One of... the guards...?" questioned Luna. She then looked around the room to see ten of the lunar guards at attention. To think that one of them could be Luna's admirer. "Sister, what am I to do?"

"Why do you look so worried sister? Are you unhappy that it is a guard that has feelings toward you?"

"Yes? No? Maybe? I don't know," said Luna. Despite what she said, she knew that it did bother her that it was a guard. She was unsure if it was considered strange for a guard to have feelings for their princess. Also, was it right to be with a guard? Other guards might see it as favoritism? Or worse, what if the guard was hoping to win her for personal gain? Promotion? Security? The thoughts poured through Luna and she became worried.

"Sister, could that guard's feeling truly be genuine?" questioned Luna.

"What do you mean?"

"What if... what if his feelings aren't real? Sister, you know this isn't the first time somepony tried to take our hooves. We have met many with greed in their hearts."

"That may be true Luna, but not everypony is like that. Also, you will never truly know unless you confront this."

"Tia, I..."

"Luna, I know you are scared and you don't want to get hurt. I too don't want to see my sister in pain. But seeing you even consider this guard's feelings, to me, is a sign; A sign that you want to know the truth. Maybe even give him a chance?" Celestia winked.

Luna gave a slight blush from her sister's tease.

"I uh... I need to think about this. Thank you for listening to me sister."

"Of course Luna. You think you will be okay for the night?"

"Yes. I will be fine. Goodnight Tia."

"Goodnight," Celestia said before walking back to her bed chambers.

As Luna returned to the throne, she took another look around the room. To each guard, she thought heavily on who it might be. "Oh what am I going to do?" she thought to herself. "It isn't like I can enter their dreams to find out who it is. And it's not like I can go up to them and be like, 'Hello guard, are you by chance the one who confessed their feelings to me?'" Her current situation just made her feel more anxious. She needed to get away and distract herself. "The dream realm should take my mind off of this." With that said, she closed her eyes and cast the spell that had transcend into the dream world.

Once she opened her eyes, she was surrounded with orbs that possessed the dreams of her subjects. Although it was cold in the dream realm, it warmed her heart to see those with happy thoughts. There was one dream, however, that caught her attention the most.

The orb that levitated in front of her possessed two ponies, a female unicorn and a male earth pony. They both seemed happy together as they laughed and talked in a restaurant. Then the stallion took hold of her hooves, "Listen, this is probably the craziest thing I have ever done, but we have been together for a long time. I have been thinking long and hard and I feel that this is right." He then got out of his seat and stepped closer to the mare. Before the mare said anything, her eyes widened and her mouth covered by her hooves. The stallion then reached under the table to pull out a little case. He opened the case that held a beautiful diamond ring. "White Rose," started the stallion, "Will you marry me?" The mare began to cry tears and nodded her head in a "yes" motion. He embraced her and the restaurant cheered for the newly wed.

Luna smiled as she observed them from a distance. However, something puzzled her about the dream. Each orb has their own wave of energy and it centers upon the dreamer. In this case, the center of energy is not within the stallion nor the mare. Curious, Luna entered dream orb.

Immediately, she was surrounded by other ponies that cheered for the couple. With her magic, she was able to track the energy source to another part of the restaurant. She flew up to the air and was surprised to find her target. What she saw was an old mare, sat at her table alone as she watched the celebration unfurl. Although she was not as excited, she smiled for the two ponies.

The princess could not help but smile at the sight, "I wonder if this was her when she was younger." To Luna, the old mare seemed rather lonely. Although this did not qualify as a nightmare, she considered it her duty to provide her subjects comfort when she could.

She flew down to the table of the old mare. Despite the fact she landed mere inches away from her, the old mare paid no attention to her. Luna gave a cough to make her presence known, "Excuse me?"

The old mare was slightly startled at the new voice, "Oh! Princess Luna?" The mare looked around her and thought carefully before speaking, "I suppose I'm dreaming aren't I?" She wore a pair of small glasses, had short cut mane and her accent indicated she was from Trottingham.

Luna giggled, "You mind if I keep you company?"

"Oh not at all," the old mare motioned for her highness to take a seat.

Luna got comfortable as she watched the couple receiving congratulations. "Free cider for everyone!" the manager shouted. The crowd cheered and ran to the counter.

"I must say, it is nice to have some company this time. Let alone it to be Princess Luna of all ponies." she laughed.

"This is quite the dream. By chance, is that you and your husband?" asked the princess.

"Huh? Oh hahaha. No deary. I don't think I looked that beautiful when I was her age. No, this dream is about my daughter and hopefully her future husband," said the old mare.

"Hopefully?"

"Yes. They have been together for some time now. He is such a gentlecolt and isn't he handsome? In fact, he is all she ever talks about nowadays. I don't blame her of course. I was hoping by now I could see them get married, but for some reason it hasn't happened yet."

"I see. Have you ever talked to them about the subject?"

"I believe in letting nature take it's course, Your Highness. I can wait a little while longer to see where life takes them. They will know when they are ready. For now, this is just a dream that I hope becomes a reality."

For Luna, she was concerned for the old mare's feelings. However, she admired her patience and moving with the flow of life.

Suddenly, their surrounding began to change. Everything, except the old mare and table, faded away into darkness. Almost immediately, a new scenery appeared before them; grass grew underneath them, clear blue sky from above, a house appeared behind them, and in front of there there was a little filly and colt playing on a hill top.

"Where are we now?"

"If it still exists, this is my home back in Trottingham. I moved to Canterlot when I was much younger. I rather miss it and I have dreamt of taking my grandchildren there one day."

Although the setting was amazing, Luna couldn't help but find it odd at the same time. Other than Pinkie Pie, she has never encountered another pony that was able to shift dreams so quickly. She wanted to learn more about her, but duty called as she heard the scream of a filly having a nightmare. "I'm sorry," Luna apologized, "I have to go."

"Of course princess. Thank you for stopping by. I very much enjoyed your company."

"As have I... uh... I am so rude. I never learned your name."

"It's alright. My name is Rosebud."

"I hope we can meet again," said the princess as she left the dream orb.

"As do I dear... As do I..."