• Published 16th Oct 2017
  • 2,993 Views, 27 Comments

Steel and Ichor - Gallants



There's a suit of armor in front of a collapsed cave and nopony knows why.

  • ...
7
 27
 2,993

0 PLNE

Several months passed after my Mistress told me about her sister's soon return the summer sun celebration was today, and I was worried, she told me she couldn't defeat her with her magic I didn't know what I could do against the Mistresses sister but I would have to try to protect her to the best of my ability after all I made a verbal promise to do so. A letter appeared from her student she quickly read it and sent a message back. "I'm sending Twilight to Ponyville to oversee the celebration preparations, would like to join her Myth?" My Mistress asked she already knew what I would say my head turning to face her I replied.

"Even if I did Mistress you know I would be unable too," She smiled.

"Well, we will be heading to Ponyville in a few hours so let's get your good cloak on and properly straightened since you will be representing the Royal Guards image in some capacity you will also be representing my image," She used her magic to reach into her closet and pulled out my cloak before hooking it to my armor and straightening it. She looked at me and started to wipe smudges off of my armor almost like I was a child, it was something she had started doing sometime after she told me about her sister.

Soon we were off, I imagine we were late the guards who pulled the carriage were not happy when we arrived. My Mistress had been fussing over how I looked for several hours and did so again. When we arrived in Ponyville I got a lot of looks from the locals I was not surprised, we went and waited on a balcony in the town hall after an hour or so I felt magic build-up, soon Nightmare Moon appeared in front of us I lept into action bringing my halberd up and attempting to strike her down, the Nightmare made a shield I did the only thing that made sense. "Mistress, you must vacate the premises," I head a pop and saw a small flash of light the Nightmares face formed into a scowl she quickly grabbed the halberd with her magic and ripped it from my grip and ran it through my breast she then pinned me to the wall keeping my gauntlets away and from the shaft of my weapon.

"Where did she go little golem?" She snarled at me forcing my helmet up to face her.

"I don't know she kept her safe houses a secret from me for situations like this Nightmare," She twisted the halberd ever so slightly why was I enchanted to feel pain. Somepony yelled my Mistress' name and the Nightmare quickly hid just behind the lip of the balcony, I then saw the curtain move slightly and heard a gasp from a pony who quickly said that she was gone, I started to lose conscious shortly after that all I saw was the Nightmare forming in front of me before I blacked out.
--------------------------------------Celestia's POV-------------------------------------
"I'm so sorry I missed you so much big sister," Luna ran over and leaned into my chest.

"I missed you too little sister," I looked at the six who tore away her jealousy fuelled shell and my heart sank. "Where is Myth? I expected him to be here with you," Luna looked mortified when she spoke.

"Sister if Myth was the golem who fought me, I stabbed him with his halberd he might still be in the town hall," I ran to the window before flying off towards Ponyville I needed to know if he was okay. When I arrived he was still on the balcony Ichor slowly dripping from his breast, I don't know what I was yelling all I know is that ponies came and started to help him.
--------------------------------------Myth's Pov---------------------------------
I awoke in a hospital bed in the middle of the night a piece of steel welded to my breastplate, my Mistress had her head hanging onto the side of the mattress sleeping it looked like she had been crying, I slowly got up and placed myself between the door and her sleeping figure.

It was a month since my first encounter with Luna, and every time I ran into her in the castle she apologized profusely I always told her that it was okay that I didn't mind. Then one day my Mistress ran away from me, knowing I would give chase, even though I found it weird she ran as she had been coddling me for the past month not letting me out of her sight in any way and even canceled day court on several occasions; to spend 'quality time' with me as she put it. When I finally caught up with her she had just closed the door to the ballroom, I opened it to her shouting at me. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYTH!" My Mistress seemed happy and I saw the new bearers of the elements and Princess Luna in the corner still looking a bit ashamed.

"Mistress I do not have a birthday," She frowned at me before smiling and grabbing me with her front hooves pulling me towards the center of the ballroom.

"I think your birthday is the day you became my guard Myth," She smiled even brighter then she held me close and whispered into my ear. "And I have a pretty big present for you Myth that I think you will really like,"

Author's Note:

So I just really liked that last sentence and decided to end it there instead of going for a longer chapter sorry people who like long chapters.