• Published 18th Oct 2017
  • 2,054 Views, 4 Comments

Love and Pies - RDDash



After a small incident with the pies Rainbow Dash questions Pinkie Pie about her pies. At the same time Rainbow Dash and Soarin had been dating for several years now.

  • ...
10
 4
 2,054

6: When I Was a Filly I Fell into a Liquid Rainbow

When I was a little filly I fell into a liquid rainbow, at least that's what my father told me what happened. Um, yeah, well I guess this breaks some other theories I heard about myself, I do not dye my mane, it's not some natural disaster. Well, It was a disaster alright, but it's not the kind of disaster that you think, and yes it was a permanent paint job

My father was kind of the same, he fell into the liquid rainbow too. It really embarrassing to say this but this curse didn't end with me. Today was the day when my own foal fell into bleach. Facehoof me for all eternity, I am a terrible mother. Also, are we skipping the whole foal birth and all the way to this? I can see Pinkie Pie already nodding to me that yes we are.

Now, how all of this started? Actually, I am not really sure how that happened. I already can hear Pinkie Pie yelling at me, What do you mean you aren't sure, you were there when it happened.

Yep, that's kind of messed up, I think part of me froze up at that moment. When my brain finally reacted, it was already too late.

Am I supposed to name my foal Bleached Sunshine? Nice name by the way! There is a joke among us pegasi, let me see if I can remember it. When you are flying to Las Pegasus, you gotta fly high!

Rainbow Dash spat out her pencil on the table, and then looked at Pinkie Pinkie Pie

"There it's done, Is it good?"

"A bit weird actually, but I liked Bleached Sunshine name," Pinkie Pie looked over the other staff that Rainbow Dash just wrote in a notebook, you didn't fell into a liquid rainbow, are you?"

"No, it's completely made up, with a sole purpose of creating a name. Although, yeah I suppose her mane is not rainbow"

Pinkie Pie nodded, "Well, as you are aware of it the birth rate is skewed towards female population. I remember my grandma used to tell stories about the past long forgotten. and according to her, the population was like 99% female. It was a feminist nightmare."

Rainbow Dash politely listened to Pinkie Pie "Why exactly it was a nightmare?"

Pinkie Pie gasped, "Rainbow how can you say this I have no idea how they reproduced it is horrifying."

Something clicked in a Rainbows mind, "Oh right, right! I am sorry Pinkie Pie, I only have thirty minutes left! I have to go meet Soarin. We kind of agreed to take turns with the foal. I think we are going to get switched on daily basis, or maybe we would have to go on a week by week basis. So yeah, I kind of have to go!"

While saying that Pinkie and Rainbow Dash have been walking in the corridors of Twilight's castle. When they reached the balcony Rainbow Dash flew away into the sky.

"Call me if you need any more help from me, m'kay!" Pinkie Pie waved her hoof looking at Rainbow Dash zooming into a sky.

"Sure thing, I promise!" Yelled back Rainbow Dash.

Pinkie Pie had been looking for at least two minutes in that direction, that until she was sure she was alone. "Applejack you can come out now! I think your secret is safe!"

Moments later Applejack come out from some room that was adjacent to the balcony, only this time she looked a bit different. Her mane had been pulled back and tied by a headband. On her neck, there was a collar.

"I can see that you went for a spa! You know, you look really nice with this new mane style!"

Applejack looked straight at Pinkie Pie, and then shook her head "Perhaps, but I am afraid this has to be my little secret."

She removed her headband and then restored her mane to its previous condition, and then put her Stetson back onto her head.

"So, what do you got in there Pinkie Pie?" Applejack gestured towards the notebook that Pinkie Pie was still holding in her hooves.

"Oh, this is just my notebook, I let other ponies write in it. Sometimes, it helps them with the problem that they might have! Say, Applejack do you wish to write in it too? I don't really mind! The notebook has plenty of space in it."

Applejack was flabbergasted, "Well, I.. Oh alright!"

Pinkie Pie grinned, "Well, m'kay! Catch!" She then tossed it towards Applejack. Applejack caught it and then looked inside of it, what she saw in it, was very surprising to her.

"The notebook is blank! How could it be? I thought I saw Rainbow Dash writing in it."

"Well! It's blank for you! It's not blank for Dashie because she already wrote in it, silly! I am afraid those are the rules to protect the privacy, of course as the owner I can see everything that is written in it! So do you prefer pencil or quill?"

Applejack already half listening to Pinkie's explanation, "I guess pencil would be fine."

"Excelente!" The pencil followed the same exact flight path trajectory, which soon intercepted by Applejack.

Are we really doing this? I can see Pinkie Pie nodding her head at me, so l guess we are. So like, Twilight received this massive crystal tree castle, and each of us has a fancy chair to sit on with our cutie mark.

The weird part about receiving the castle that apparently knows everything about us is that we also received six individual rooms for ourselves. I am pretty sure Twilight has been using hers as a bedroom.

Pinkie Pie had been using hers constantly trying to break the existing reality with her antics. I am pretty sure it's going to end up something like this. All of us would be all like, thank for destroying the world Pinkie Pie! She would then would look at us and say, if I broke the world, then how come we are all alive?

That's Pinkie Pie for you. Me? I am just a farm pony, and for other ponies to make an assumption that I don't have any other personality, other than farming apples, its kind of wrong.

Anyway, the next part is very strange. Every time I go to the spa, I get tricked by spa pony Aloe into modifying my appearance, to be just like theirs. They do it, and turns out that I end up so relaxed is that I don't really mind. However, I don't really want for others to know because that's just weird.

Applejack finished writing in Pinkie's notebook, "Well here is that, have a nice day Pinkie Pie. I am going back to the farm, you know doing the usual."

Pinkie Pie had received the notebook from Applejack and put it back into her mane, "Thank you for a bit of your time AJ!" She was about to leave when Applejack stopped her.

"What are you going to do with it anyway?"

Pinkie Pie turned one-eighty, "Don't really know, I used a bit of help from Discord and Twilight to help me to create this infinite probability notebook!"

Applejack raised an eyebrow, "Is that what are you calling it?"

Pinkie Pie nodded her head, "I never liked the whole destiny thing, it makes you feel forced into a situation that you don't really want, but others expect it from you. Was it my destiny to stay on a rock farm? I fear if I did, then eventually I would be bored to death. I am not really sure whats going to happen if we somepony will write in it. That's kind of what I am hoping to find out. I think this makes it even more exciting!"

Pinkie Pie said final goodbyes to Applejack for today and started bouncing in corridors of the castle. She bounced towards the end and opened a door and then she entered a small room that looked kind of like a closet, except it really wasn't On a right side there was a panel with buttons to press. So Pinkie Pie did the only thing she could think of, she pressed it"

"Aha, I finally found it, a multidirectional elevator in a castle! I am sure Twilight would be happy to hear that! How big is this castle anyway?" The music started playing, "Uh, it even has an elevator music, how classy." the elevator arrived at its destination, Pinkie Pie opened the door "Hm, let's see what else we have in this castle, let us bounce." Pinkie Pie started to bounce towards her next destination towards the next door in a castle.

Author's Note:

So that's it for now, This story is a bit of a slow burn and I know I kind of left out a lot of things out. I hope this is not too confusing. I finally figured out what I am going to call the kid, Bleached Sunrise.