• Published 18th Oct 2017
  • 2,052 Views, 4 Comments

Love and Pies - RDDash



After a small incident with the pies Rainbow Dash questions Pinkie Pie about her pies. At the same time Rainbow Dash and Soarin had been dating for several years now.

  • ...
10
 4
 2,052

4: The Cutest Bride Ever

The next two months came by and left really fast. Thinking back, when Rainbow Dash will become way older than she is now and probably way wiser, she would think back to the early years of her life. She would remember the girls.

She would remember how happy they were, how naive they were, she would also remember how stupid they were all. The past should be left in the past as they say.

The first thing that happened was that when Rarity found out about Rainbow Dash and Soarin getting married, she almost immediately presented a wedding gift just for Rainbow. The former had been currently standing in a pure white wedding dress, with a small tiara on her head, she was wondering how in the hey did she just let Rarity do this. However Rainbow was still very happy, none the less. Right there with her had been standing Soarin in the equally white suit.

Let's not forget Pinkie Pie who happily donated a wedding pie, which was very large, and was in a way several big pies stacked together.

Princess Twilight simply agreed to do the ceremony, because as she said it that her word is the law, and the ponies are supposed to take her seriously. That's why she was going to marry Rainbow Dash and Soarin.

"I am sorry, sweetheart, but it looks like my parents couldn't make it to the big event." Soarin apologized to his future wife.

"I suppose they couldn't," Rainbow Dash brushed it off. "What exactly stopped them to go to their son's wedding?"

"They were kind of hoping that I would end up being hitched with Spitfire, and well, as it turns out that I didn't. It's okay though, um, they don't really hold a grudge, and..."

Rainbow Dash decided that this is time for her to be a supportive one, even though she was really bad at it. "Hey, Hey, it's okay! I talked with Spitfire and we just decided to start anew as friends. Um, so I suppose that we have about twenty more minutes before the ceremony starts, sorry I am not really good with the pep talk."

"That's fine, I am sure you will get it eventually, by which I mean that I am not implying that you don't!..."

Rainbow Dash almost immediately jumped very close to him and kissed him, which resulted in him enjoying it. Meanwhile, all of the guests had already been there and waiting for them, Wonderbolts included.

Their kiss had been interrupted by the knock on the door. Rainbow Dash decided to open the door, and Spitfire was the one who had been waiting for them.

"Please come inside!" Rainbow Dash invited her inside.

"Rainbow, Soarin," Spitfire started talking. "I don't really want to bring the work to such an event but I am afraid that higher-ups are just bugging me crazy about it."

"They bug you huh," Rainbow Dash softly giggled, "sorry, sorry you were saying?'

"Rainbow, you probably know it way better than if I will try to explain it to you, and when I say that, I mean that you personally do know who I am talking about.

"it always the same thing that keeps happening every single time she steps in inside of my office. She keeps insisting that Wonderbolts should be modernized as she puts it"

Rainbow and Soarin looked at each other, "And by modernization she meant?"

Spitfire sighted, "A complete militarization of Wonderbolts, and with every visit, it just gets worse and worse. You know, like if she doesn't really understand what we actually do?"

"We are performers, not soldiers!" Rainbow Dash summarized for her, "I completely understand how exactly ponies can be confused about simple facts. We might have branched out from the military, we do have traditions that we follow, but we are not the military anymore. It's like...well, I can't think up of the analogy right now."

Rainbow Dash finished talking, then when she stopped Spitfire started out again.

"Do you remember that day right, some idiot mixed up the paperwork and then the direct order from Princess Celestia came straight to us. We didn't know what else to do? We couldn't exactly refuse it."

Rainbow Dash did, in fact, knew what Spitfire was talking about. "I remember!" She simply said. "Your entire team ended up in the hospital just because Spike got too greedy with his toys!"

Spitfire thought that it's time to back out from the conversation, and as the result, she was looking for an opportunity to slip away from the room.

"I don't want to crump your day even more than necessary, I just wanted to let you know what you are going to be dealing with if one day you out of all ponies are going to inherit my position.

At this point, Spitfire started to completely go off the rails of the emotional rollercoaster of her own making.

Realizing what's about to happen Rainbow Dash decided to calm her down. All this time Soarin just kept listening to them. Rainbow Dash remembered that he simply didn't know how to react in the most simple social interaction involving two fillies talking about their feelings. So then she decided to save the situation.

"Spitfire, I promise you that you are not going to get kicked out by the scary Princess. I know for a fact...no wait, this is not quite accurate...."

Rainbow Dash made a small pause, "I know that everypony else knows, that you are the best captain there is."

"But I don't deserve it, and..." Spitfire swallowed, "I kept thinking about my life and how much of an idiot I was, and then, and then I remembered the very first day when you came into the training school."

Rainbow Dash smiled at that, "Into the training school for performers."

"At that moment you were like my little sister that I never had, and then, and then you were finally accepted into the group, and then... I am sorry Rainbow, I, I need to go... I hope you will succeed where I couldn't." With that, she slowly trotted back to the door. Then when she reached the door she flew away.

Rainbow Dash closed her eyes, and with her eyes, she started talking "Soarin?"

"Yes!"

"Oh good, you are listening, so I guess that will be easier for me. You know, about a month ago or so Spitfire came to me. She was just like that emotionally broken I guess.

"She came to me and then she started to beg me to forgive her for her sins. I told her that I am the wrong person to talk about it. I've told her that she would have a better luck with the solar priestess. I don't know, I guess in the end I managed to calm her down."

"That's, uh, good to hear Rainbow. So, do you think Spitfire tried to warn you, or something!"

Rainbow Dash glanced at Soarin,"You mean, how she did right now, yeah probably." This is the one thing I don't want to take away from her, she thought to herself.

Once again they heard knocking, this time it was Twilight Sparkle who knocked "Um, I just want to let you know that we are about to start with the ceremony."

"Thanks, Twilight we were about to go anyway, so thanks, I guess for reminding," Rainbow Dash saluted Twilight.

"I wish you stopped doing this!" Was Twilight sounded disappointed right now?

"What? Saluting? I thought it would have been appropriate since you are kind of like our boss. I mean you are a Princess and all."

"Yes, but I am also your friend! Aren't we friends?"

"We are, Twilight! There is nothing that's going to happen, would change that"