• Published 7th Oct 2017
  • 789 Views, 12 Comments

The (not so) Last Unicorn: A Well Deserved Happy Ending - Chrome Masquerade



Our heroes were going to part ways, to find their own paths. But an invitation to another world would help to bring them together even more. As friends and as something greater.

  • ...
 12
 789

Explanations and More Introductions

"So... let me get this straight." Amalthea started, after the issue was explained. "I've done something extremely brave..."

"Courageous, but yes." Celestia confirmed.

"unlocked a new kind of magic in our world..."

"The magic of Passion." Luna said, nodding.

"And ascended to being a demigoddess and automatically became royalty through the contrived power of love and kinship."

"More or less." Twilight said, blushing slightly, having experienced much the same.

"Do you have any idea how weird that sounds?" Amalthea deadpanned.

"Trust me, weird is a slow day here." Cadence said.

"But it's still more docile than your world." Celestia added.

"And the rest of you are likely to follow at some point." Cadence said. "From what we've sen, all four of you have done something similarly momentous, which will soon result in ascension for all of you. Lir, for example, willingly sacrificed himself so that the Red Bull cold be defeated. Blue Moon here unlocked her true power and went from magician to sorcerer. Molly had in the past discovered that she was an animal empath."

"A what?" Soup Bowl queried, tilting her head slightly.

"Why do ye think i took such a shine to ye, lass? Yer ability to parley with animals sich's meself served ye well."

Cadence nodded "Indeed. we also have an animal empath that you might like to speak to."

Twilight spoke up. "That would be my friend Fluttershy. She is a... touch meek, but has been getting better."

A knock came from the door to the room. "Beggin' yer pardon?" a muffled voice spoke, "Can we come in? If'n we wait too much longer, Pinkie's gonna 'splode from excitement. Ah wish ah was exaggeratin'."
With a flicker of Celestia's magic, the door opened. A pink blur rushed through the door, coming to a stop in front of Amalthea.

"Hi!I'mPinkiePie! Areyouthenewprincess? Youmustbethenewprincess! Somanynewfriends! Somanypartiestoplan! I'msoexcited! Areyouexcited? Youshouldbeexcitedbecause-"

Amalthea instinctively used her magic to clamp Pinkie's mouth shut. "Are you done?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

Pinkie closed her eyes and took a deep breath. After that, she opened her eyes and nodded.

After her mouth was released, Pinkie continue at a more sedate pace. "Sorry. I get carried away sometimes. Like a lot of the time. Heh. Heh."

The next pony spoke up; an orange coloured pony with a blond mane. And a hat. "So sorry 'bout Pinkie here. When she heard that there were ponies comin' from another world, she rushed us all here t' meetcha. Mare was like a can full o' jumpin' beans. Ah'm Applejack, by the by."

A white, purple maned uniccorn spoke up next. "Yes, and i'm Rarity. If you ever need a new dress, come to me."

Next a yellow pink maned pegasus spoke up. Barely. "And i-i'm Fluttershy. N-nice to met you." she stammered slightly.

Lastly a blue rainbow maned mare piped in. "And i'm Rainbow Dash. The fastest and most awesome pegasus in Equestria." she boasted.

"It's a pleasure to meet each and every one of you. I'm Amalthea and my friends are Bright Blade, Soup Bowl and... Blue Moon." Each of her friends waved in turn.

"You know what this calls for?" Pinkie said, pausing for dramatic effect.

Her friends rolled their eyes in unison and counted down. "Three... Two... One..."

"A PARTY!!!" Pinkie exclaimed, throwing confetti into the air and firing off a miniature cannon.

Blade was flummoxed. "How? Where? When?"

The five other friends said in unison "It's Pinkie Pie. Just don't question it."