• Published 7th Oct 2017
  • 791 Views, 12 Comments

The (not so) Last Unicorn: A Well Deserved Happy Ending - Chrome Masquerade



Our heroes were going to part ways, to find their own paths. But an invitation to another world would help to bring them together even more. As friends and as something greater.

  • ...
 12
 791

A New Form (adjusted/edited)

Still within the storm of energy, the four heroes started going through some strange changes. Amalthea's changes were by far the most... subtle. Her horn lengthened, she felt her reserve energy increase exponentially. Then she grew wings and shrank in size somewhat. an image of a half moon over a lake appeared on both of her flanks.

Lir, being the first to run headlong into the energy field, was the first to change. In an instant, a coat of fur the same colour as his hair developed all over his body, which was shrinking in size. His face distended into a muzzle, his eyes swelled in size to a cartoonish degree and he developed a pair of wings and a tail. Then his ears disappeared, two new ones appearing atop his re-minted head. he then developed hooves where his hands and feet were. then his leg structure changed perceptibly. shifting to suit his new form. On his flanks were twin images of a shield and sword. He then felt energy running through his body, unlike any her'd ever felt before. He felt faster, stronger, tougher than he'd ever been in his life! He felt that he could protect anyone or take down anything, if he put his mind to it.

Schmendrick himself started growing a coat of cornflower blue fur, his features shifting much like Lir's, but with a few noticeable differences. For one, he grew a horn instead of wings. Then, something... unexpected happened.
His reproductive system switched in function in a split second. His (now her) mark was of a wand beside a hat, both sparkling slightly.

Schmendrick felt energy rushing to her mind. She felt like the universe was opened to her. a hundred different spells, a thosand alchemical recipes.

Molly was going through her own changes. The only things of note were that her coat was a shade of taffy pink and her once messy hair became a luxurious rosewood brown mane, done in a dreadlocked style. Also, she developed neither wings nor horn and a picture of a large bubbling cauldron with an array of vegetables around it. She felt energy flowing from what the earth beneath her new hooves,

The cat himself?Tthe only perceptible change he had was that his left eye regained its full functionality, not that he'd noticed at the time..

Moments later, the quintet found themselves in a white room. This room had several pony-friendly couches around it, upon two of which were occupied by four ponies total The one that had invited them before stood.

"Ah, our guests have arrived." she stated cheerily. "As i've said before, I am Celestia and the others behind me are Luna..."

"Greetings!" Luna said, waving with one wing.

"Mi Amore Cadenza..." Celestia continued.

"Cadence will do. It's so much easier to say. I can sense the strength of the bond between the four of you. It's rare to see love so strong." Cadence said, smiling brightly.

"And Twilight Sparkle. We all welcome you to our land." Celestia finished.

The four of them lined up and bowed respectfully, receiving four similar (if shaky) bows in return. Twilight put her two bits worth in, "The spell construct used to adjust your forms was of my design. Unfortunately there was a... small margin for error, as i'm sure one of you can attest."

Schmendrick spoke with a notably higher voice. "Care to explain to us why?" she askd irritably.

"Well, for a few plausible reasons." Twilight responded. "First, that was a brand new spell crafted on short notice. Second, the spell itself seems to have taken you all to be a herd; a family unit. Around here, that's generally one stallion to three mares, give or take, so... I think you can figure the rest of that one out. Thirdly, it could be that you... Weren't all that masculine where you came from to begin with. But that's speculation until i get a deep scan of the four of you."

Schmendrick winced at this, and Molly spoke up. "i think i have some aloe for that burn." she joked, receiving laughter from everyone present. Even the victim, albeit with some embarrassment.

"Though," Twilight said, "You're taking it extraordinarily well, all things considered. Why is that?"

Schmendrick waved a hoof dismissiveluy. "Pshaw. I've had enough magical mishaps to learn to adjust to change when it occurs. And besides, i know that magic will often do as it wills, no matter how carefully you plan it out. There's always a chance that some unexpected side effects will occur. I'm sure you know that all too well, am i right?"

Twilight blushed at this. "True." she said shortluy.

Luna coughed. "Either way, we greet you all. Why don't you introduce yourselves, now that you know us?" she said.

"Well, i'm Prince Lir." Lir spoke up. "Though, my title hardly means much now. I'll choose a new one." after some thought, a name sprang to his mind. "Bright Blade. Call me Blade. It... feels right." he finished.

Molly went next. "Previously my name was Molly, but since Li- i mean, Blade chose a new name, call me... Soup Bowl." she said, surprised at how easily her new name came to mind.

"Previously I was Schmendrick the magician. But call me..." she said and thought, stepping forward, "Blue Moon." she finished.

"And your cat?" Twilight asked, indicating the reclining feline on Soup's back..

"I be no man's cat! I be me o- blow me down! I can see in both eyes again!" the cat exclaimed. Mayhap i took ye all wrong. I ne'er received a name before. An' I wouldn't rightly know what to call meself." the cat stated, only just now choosing to bow.

"Felis. I called him Felis." Amalthea spoke up.

"'tis as good a name as any." the newly dubbed cat accepted.

"And our newest princess?" Luna queried.

"They gave me the name Amalthea and- wait, what?" the freshly minted alicorn said, confused.