• Published 12th Sep 2017
  • 548 Views, 23 Comments

A Post Nuclear Interactive Story (Wars of Change - Shadows of the old world) - Soviet_Pony_Need_OCs



'Fire Tan' A former Red guard marks-mare finds herself in a post cold war nuclear Apocalypse world, after finding her former commander 'red shine' she finds her self in the midst of an invasion on USA mainland.

  • ...
15
 23
 548

Chapter One page ninth Caught in the lines of fire

Chapter One

Page 9

Caught in the lines of fire



The day was calm for most of the day, Fire Tan and Hammer Will switched shift on the road, the road was narrow and there are always debris of destroyed cars or whatever was there when the SIMM hit, the landscape was flat and dead with no green or life to be seen anywhere, the drive quickly becomes dull and the two tried to keep each other companied while the two couples in the back seat slept though most of their drive.

‘’Comrade Hammer Will, do you ACTUALLY think that there will still be anyone left in Leningrad to keep order? I know I brought up the whole idea, but I’m starting to get worried you know? Not many things to trust out there now, if it’s really like how that stallion described, order might have fallen.’’ Breaking the silence Fire Tan spoke worried about the situation.

Hammer Will turned around to see the small mare clutching her hooves and her expression filled uncertainty.

‘’Hey that's not like you, when was the last time you were uncertain of anything? Remember Finland? You can survive up there, WE can do it again here. Plus you really think that our professionally trained military can be overrun by some pathetic rebels? Keep that talking up and I might have to have you write a report to me, Ha just kidding, we’re fine.’’ Hammer Will said as he took his right hoof off the wheel and laid on Fire Tan’s shoulder as comfort.

Fire Tan slightly surprised at the hoof placed on her shoulder replied with less of uncertainty.

‘’Well, I mean I’m starting to think what if the cities have really fallen? Remember the Red October? Where unarmed ponies of the working class under Vladimare Lenin fought back the Tsarist troops and restored the revolution?’’ Fire Tan said still uncertain.

‘’Hey they only had maxims and armor cars, plus they are Imperialists, they CAN’T compare to the Iron Willed soldiers of the union! Also we are way more advanced with automatic weapons and Tanks a few rebels is nothing to count for.’’ Hammer Will said, spoken like a true commissar.

After hearing that Fire Tan thought about it and made up her mind that Hammer Will must be right, there are no chances that the rebels could over thrown the Union and that the government will soon recover.

‘’Yeah… I guess I had my doubts for a second, thank you comrade.’’ Fire Tan said now looking much more positive.

‘’There we go! That's the sprit!’’ Hammer Will said happily.

The old moskvitch was a slow machine barely reaching the speed limit, the day seemed so long and boring, it almost felt like they were driving though a desert. When they heard a noise. It was an engine noise.

‘’Another Car, wait there are a group of them! They all have blue bandanas tied to their radio posts! What is this?’’ Hammer Will said as he looked though the side mirror.

‘’What do we do?’’ Fire Tan said as she checked her ammo.

‘’Wake the civilians up.’’ Hammer Will said. ‘’And be quiet, they might not be hostiles.’’

Fire Tan woke up Mr. Tommislav and Ms. Tommniov and told them to get prepared.

‘’They might be rescue teams!’’ Mr. Tommislav said.

‘’No, no rescue teams come in Civilian vehicles, and they don't have blue bandanas.’’ Hammer Will said now concerned.

The car was silent besides the drumming of the engine and the closing sounds of the convoys behind them.

‘’C-could they be rebels?’’ Ms. Tommniov said speaking everyone’s worries out.

‘’Drive! Fast!’’ Mr. Tommislav said.

‘’No, if they have weapons, they will gun us down if anything, wait one of them is driving up.’’ Hammer Will said.

The car drove up beside them, a stallion poked his head though the window and asked.

‘’Hey, We were supposed to go together, and you forgot your bandanas, ya wanna get shot or something?’’ He said as he reached over and passed Hammer Will a bandana.

As he passed the bandana, on the edge of his vision he saw the USSPR coat of arms on Hammer Will’s coat, his expression suddenly changed he looked up to see Hammer Will pointing a gun at his head.

*Bang!* A clear shot ran through the air the convoy stopped for a second before realizing what has happened.

Hammer Will grabbing his opportunity unloaded the gun killing the driving and with a ram, the other car rolled off and crashed into a ditch.

Now the Convoy has noticed them they started closing up and firing at the car.

Hammer Will flooring the gas pedal told the group to retaliate. Fire Tan poked out and fired, but unfortunately the unstable condition and the range made it hard to aim.

‘’Don’t use up your ammo guys, wait till they are close, just keep their distance.’’ Fire Tan shouted.

Mr. Tommislav and Fire Tan kept the convoy from getting too close while the convoy fired back.

‘’Good thing they don’t have any rifles’’ Hammer Will said. ‘’Or we would be dead.’’

The chase continued for a while until the convoy stopped their firing.

‘’HA! They ran dry! We made it Comrades!’’ Hammer Will said as he turned around to congratulate the group.

‘’We haven’t used up much ammo either’’ Fire Tan said.

The group was in joy when Mr. Tommniov spoke again.

‘’What is that they are holding?’’ Ms. Tommniov said.

Fire Tan looked out of the window using her scope she sees that one of the cars had an RPG. She tried to aim to fire but to no use, luckily they don't seem to know where the safety is

Coming back in, Hammer Will asked Fire Tan what did she see, after telling Hammer Will the situation they made a plan.

‘’When they Fire, turn hard and stop the car and I’ll kill the pony using the RPG, we have enough distance and they don’t seem to have ammo left.’’ Fire Tan said and Hammer nodded his head in approval.

‘’So what did you see?’’ Ms. Tommniov said worried.

‘’It was a RPG, don't worry we got a plan.’’ Fire Tan said with a calming voice.

Ms. Tommniov nodded and tried to look a bit more relaxed.

Just then the rocket was fired, a long stream of smoke trail followed.

‘’NOW!’’ Fire Tan said as Hammer Will slammed on the brakes and turned stooping the car at a 90 degree angle facing Fire Tan right at the convoy.

Fire Tan quickly propping up her rifle on the door and with a deep breath she connected the two points and a quick pull on the trigger, a round flow through the air and the pony wielding the RPG fell out of the car he was in.

Just then another engine sound was heard, this time a Mi-24 Hind it came straight down the road towards the group’s car and the convoy. Hammer Will slammed on the gas driving it off the road.

Just then the Hind opened fire, volleys of 122mm rockets carpeted the road in a deadly storm of lead and explosion, the Hind had obliterated whoever was still on the road. Hammer Will started to drive away as fast as he can. In his rear view mirror he witnessed the devastation. A few lucky survivors were quickly gunned down before turning around towards the group’s moskvitch.

‘’Is- It looking at US?!?!?’’ Ms. Tommniov screamed in panic as she tried to get off the car but Mr. Tommislav held her back.

‘’We have a better chance in a car, at least that's faster.

To the groups luck the road to Moscow was up ahead.

‘’We’ll be fine once we reach the city plenty of place to hide there.’’ Hammer Will said.

He speeded up the car and raced to Moscow, the drive was short but at this moment it wasn't, the Hind closed in the engine roaring the sound hammering into every-pony’s head, fear and silence packed the car.

The tunnel leading into the city was close, but the Hind was closer. They needed a distraction, FAST.

In the moment Mr. Tommislav opened the window and throw his coat outside the window.

That earned the group just enough time as the Hind turned and ripped the coat to shreds, the group drove into the tunnel and into Moscow.