• Published 12th Sep 2017
  • 548 Views, 23 Comments

A Post Nuclear Interactive Story (Wars of Change - Shadows of the old world) - Soviet_Pony_Need_OCs



'Fire Tan' A former Red guard marks-mare finds herself in a post cold war nuclear Apocalypse world, after finding her former commander 'red shine' she finds her self in the midst of an invasion on USA mainland.

  • ...
15
 23
 548

Chapter One page eleven The Kremlin Stands

Chapter One

Page 11

The Kremlin Stands



As the group sneaked inside the city though the rubber, they were surrounded by ruins their former Capital, buildings laying in ruins like a fallen giant roads blocked with the ruins of cars and the aftermath of mass panic can be seen everywhere, fires are still be seen burning and gunfire could be heard, dead ponies laid all over the roads some of them were dead by heat burned to crisp while others seemed to have died in the after math of the war.

Mr. Tommislav covered her wife’s eyes as the group walked through the rubber. Fire Tan was shocked by the devastation while Hammer Will on the other hand seemed to be more worried than shocked.

‘’We should be careful, these ruins can be perfect for ambushes, keep your eyes out, Lieutenant Red Glare scout ahead, and don't try to run.’’ Hammer Will said as he drew out his pistol.

‘’But I’m in the Air Force! I can’t scout!’’ Red Glare said reluctantly.

‘’It’s an order!’’ Hammer Will said with a determined tone.

‘’Why can’t the she go?’’ Red Glare said as she pointed at Fire Tan, ‘’She was in the Marks-Mare detachment wasn’t she?’’

‘’Last Time, its an ORDER!’’ Hammer Will said again with the same tone, clearly he still isn’t over the incident.

‘’I’ll go instead, she isn’t meant for this.’’ Fire Tan said as she walked up and said.

‘’Comrade, she tried to kill you! That was live ammunition!’’ Hammer Will said with a confused tone.

‘’It wasn’t her fault, she didn't know, how about this? I’ll go with her.’’ Fire Tan said as she grabbed Red Glare by her hand and ran off before Hammer Will can finish.

As Hammer Will began to set up camp, Fire Tan and Red Glare was on the move.

‘’Damn your Commissar is crazy!’’ Red Glare said with a sudden burst of emotions, ‘’I can’t believe he almost shot me!’’ tears can almost be seen in her eyes.

‘’Well he is pissed so not much you can do, I’ll help you though.’’ Fire Tan said with an assuring smile.

They trekked along a small path made from the gap between two destroyed buildings, their goal is to reach a high point so they can scout the position out to make sure it’s safe.

After a few moments they found a intact building that seems to be rising above the rubble, they began to climb up the still intact stairs.

It seems that the build was a former office building, bodies can be seen everywhere, it seems that they died in an instant, some were still at their desks while other seems to be doing whatever they were doing on that day, their bodies frozen in time, a reminder of the day when the world died. Red Glare seems to be devastated by the scene.

‘’It didn't look so bad on my Helicopter……’’ Red Glare said.

‘’Well it didn’t look so bad from my village either.’’ Fire Tan said.

Seeing that Red Glare didn't seems to well, Fire Tan tried to distract her by asking her where to go and where their base was at. It was also then she decided to take a closer look at her.

She was a slim mare dressed in a flight jacket with a light red coat, yellow tied hair and a pair of golden pupil.

‘’Well our base was besides the Red Square I think we should be able to see it once we get to the top of this building, if now we can at least see the Kremlin. ‘’ Red Glare said.

‘’That's good, we should find supplies there, what happened here after the initial war?’’ Fire Tan asked.

‘’Well after the bombs hit, the KGB took control of the Kremlin and rioters mixed with rebels filled the streets, we tried to help after the initial blast as we knew it was coming and that we were already underground. But we soon lost control and well…… now Moscow is what you see before you.’’ Red Glare said with a sadden tone.

After almost half an hour of stair climbing the group made it to the top, the view was great for scouting, the city is in ruin and the only thing that was appealing in sight of the destroyed skyline and smoke from the fires is the Kremlin that stands alone in the ruined city almost unscratched by the Solar Fires, an unfamiliar flag was hanging from it, a red flag with a crossed double hammer and a red star in the middle.

‘’What is that?’’ Fire Tan said confused and feeling uncertain.

‘’That's the KGB flag, they are on our sides for now, at least before Moscow is secured.’’ We will have to go through their control territory before we can get to the base.’’ Red Glare said.

After making down the direction and another painstaking path down stairs they went back to the group which had rested and gotten prepared, except Ms. Tommniov is still paranoid after seeing the city in ruins.

‘’So what’s the situation. And are you okay?’’ Hammer Will said worried as he walked up to Fire Tan.

‘’We are close to the Kremlin but we will have to go through KGB territory.’’ Fire Tan said as she showed the sketched map to Hammer Will.

‘’The KGB aren’t exactly good news, we should get moving soon before night sets or they decide to turn on the city, they are just another bunch of rebels in uniform.’’ Hammer Will said as he began to gather up the group.

After a quick clean up the group checked their weapon and headed towards the Kremlin, under the ruins of the old world and flags of the new world a new chapter of Moscow was about to begin.