• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 1,679 Views, 100 Comments

The Six New Alicorns - twilightsparkleisbestpony



The mane six's daughters become alicorns to help save Equestria.

  • ...
34
 100
 1,679

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"What does it say?" Five mothers asked this question all at once, and in response, five daughters read it aloud.

"Dear Rainbow Dash and Cloudstorm,"

"Dear Fluttershy, AppleJack, Apple Tart, and Appleseed,"

"Dear Pinkie Pie and Fudgie,"

"Dear Rarity and Ruby Gleam,"

"Something interesting happened this morning. When Lilac awoke, she had become an alicorn, on this, her eighteenth birthday morning. By the time you read this, a day will have passed. Celestia and Luna have informed us, that there is a legend that relates to this occurrence. You see, when all of our oldest daughters turn eighteen years old, they will become alicorns, and on the day after the youngest, which on this case is AppleSeed, a grave evil will become incarnate, and only they can stop him. When I asked about the Elements of Harmony, the princesses wouldn't give me a straight answer, simply saying that we were too old." Each of the daughters snickered at that remark, and all of the mothers tried to protest. "I took great offence to it. Anyway, when Lilac asked about his power, he was referred to as 'Discord times ten, times twelve, plus one.' The princesses would like for all of you to pack up, the entire family, and stay in Canterlot until then, so about four years. Please do so, this is very important.

Sincerely- Twilight Sparkle"

All of the mothers let it sink in for a moment, then screamed, "FAMILY MEETING!" Well, except Fluttershy, as AppleJack was loud enough for both of them. All at once, nine sets of hooves and a booming set of claws ran, and you could faintly hear it in Canterlot, which Twilight did.

"Ah, they got my letters. Good."


"We have just received a letter from Twilight," Rarity explained to the other two members of the family.

"'An there's sumthin' that y'all need to know."

"So-something has popped up and uh, all of us need to uh, spend the next few years in um, Canterlot..."

"Something's happening, and everybody, the whole extended family, needs to be there, and we have to make it to the palace by sundown tomorrow. Do I make myself clear?"

"I'll see if Bon-Bon can take over the shop while we're gone, but Caramel, you'll need to stop in periodically to check up on it."

"Okay," Was the reply to Rarity.

"Alright then, we'll uh, go pack." Came the response to AJ and Fluttershy.

"Mom yes mom!" Was the response to Dash, complete with salutes.

And of course for Pinkie, it was rounds of "Okie Dokie Loki!"



Two Days Later

Five families stood on the platform at the train station. They had just been dropped off in Canterlot, and were waiting for Twilight to pick them up, as she had said. When the lavender unicorn did show up, there were rounds of hugs, and then about ten carts pulled up to take them to the palace. Luna, Celestia, and Lilac were there to greet them. After even more hugs, everypony (and dragon) went inside the castle.

As Celestia and Luna led everybody into the same room that they had discussed everything in previously, Fluttershy kept becoming increasingly uncomfortable, and it was noticeable. The yellow Pegasus kept shifting her weight as she walked.

"I'm sure you're all wondering why you're here." Celestia began.

"NotReallyAuntieTwilightToldUsEveryThingInHerLetterButIWasJustWonderingWhyThisIsHappeningAndI-"

"Fudgie! Calm down please!"

"Sorry mom."

"Pinkie Pie," Dash said, "Stop being a 'do as I say not as I do' parent."

"Well then, if all of you are done bickering, there is something that I have not told anybody."

"Yes Princess?"

"This grave evil, his name, is Geolo. His goal, to destroy all ponies and replace them with evil beings called Krigoes. He will stop at nothing to take over."

"Why us?" Seed broke the silence after a few moments.

"It's all your parents' fault."

"Gee, thanks Celestia."

"Oh no prob Rainbow." (trolololololol)

"How long do we have to prepare?"

"Four years, until the day after Seed's eighteenth birthday."

"Where will we be staying?"

"Excellent question Fudgie dear. Twilight, Lilac, if you could please show our guests where they will be living."


A/N: Sorry it's a short chapter. My best friend was put in the hospital today and so I didn't have a lot of time to write. In case you are wondering, Yes. Fluttershy is pregnant, I just couldn't figure out how to put it into words. So yeah. Chapter three will be up hopefully tomorrow, and I promise it'll be longer than this.