• Published 24th Aug 2017
  • 596 Views, 2 Comments

The Gala to Remember - RDDash



After the successful mission in Ponyvile Twilight and the rest of Main 6 receives an Invitation to Grand Galloping Gala. With nothing else to do they accepted

  • ...
2
 2
 596

Chapter 4


Poniville Train Station, August, 12:34 am.


Twilight and the girls were standing on the train station.it was already past noon and their train was about to arrive.

"I am so excited!" Pinkie Pie said happily "We are about to see your home town Twilight."

"You are saying that despite practically living near the capital you never bothered to visit it?"

"Oh don't be a party pooper. Besides, when did you ever visited Ponyvile for the first time?"

"Besides just recently doing the assignment for the Princess, no never."

See, I've told you so!" Pinkie exclaimed

"Alright, alright, you've made your point, can we please move on?"

"Sure, works for me."


"What's wrong dear?" asked Rarity with a bit of confusion. Twilight has simply had a very distracted look.

"It's nothing, I simply bothered a bit lately of how trains work," replied Twilight.

"Beg your pardon?" asked Rarity.

"She is just confused about how trains sometimes take the different amount of time to travel the same distance from point A to point B. "Pinkie replied instead of Twilight.

"Yeah that, how far do you think the train can travel, from sunrise to sunrise?" Twilight continued."Pretty far actually. Considering that the introduction of modern trains based on the magic tech, that had been an improvement."

"Temporal instability propulsion drive? I heard trains now have those," said Pinkie.

"Temporal what now?", asked Applejack.

"The technology that specializes in moving the vehicle by creating a special field, that wraps it in time and space. That was basically the principle of the magical theory. The fuel is used to convert the kinetic energy into magic," Twilight started explaining.

"Oh, I know that it just seems like an overkill to apply that technology for that."

"Some ponies can definitely see that, but we as a nation can't really rely on the coal forever. Everyone remembers Zecora right, we export the coal from Zebrica, but we, well, you got the point I am trying to make."
Twilight started explaining, but quickly cut herself off.

"Well, who wants snacks?" Pinkie Pie quickly interrupted, she just saved Twilight from making a situation more awkward.

"Me! Me! Pick me!" Rainbow said. "Are there any marshmallows?"

"What a good choice Dashie, anypony else wants anything?" Pinkie grinned maniacally.

"Uh Pinkie dear," Rarity started saying.

"What is it? What did you pick?"

"Oh no!" Twilight finally clicked.

"What is it darling, should I be worried?"


"I don't think so, but today was the busy day and Pinkie just forgot to take her, um, pills."

"It's okay Twilight, let me handle it," Fluttershy said, she then trotted to Pinkie. "Hey, it's okay!"

"Fluttershy! Did you already picked what you want?" Pinkie noticed Fluttershy and she then focused her attention on her

"Well, why don't you help me choose then!" Fluttershy tried to distract Pinkie. Pinkie blinked.

"Of course I would help you out," Pinkie said with excitement. Everypony relaxed instant, after hearing this.

Thank you, Fluttershy, your sacrifice wouldn't be in vain, thought Twilight.

Um, your welcome Twilight, but I am not planning to die yet.

well, whatever it is,... wait for what? Fluttershy, how are you in my head?

I am an esper, Twilight, telepathy is my specialty. how else do you think I can understand animals?

Well in that case,... listen it's not important. We can talk about that later.

You are right about that. "Pinkie let's go."

Pinkie nodded her head and they both trotted out of the compartment.

"Well, that was quite interesting," Twilight muttered.


Canterlot's Train Station 7:00 pm


"Well, we are here darlings, It's a city of dreams!" Rarity said with excitement.

"Actually, that would be Manhattan," corrected her Rainbow Dash.

"I know where this is going, and please don't try to pole dance on a lamp pole. You will soon find out that here, decency laws are strictly enforced," snapped at her Twilight.

"I would never!" said Rarity a bit insulted.

"Well don't! I would really hate to pull some strings to pull you out of royal dungeons. Then When I would actually come there I would find you pushed to the wall, while you would screw around with Royal Guards."

"Ew! Ewww! Ew! Just Ew! Twilight I don't want to hear that! Rainbow was extremely disgusted from a mental picture.

"What, it's not like you wouldn't like it? I'll bet you would just join her!" Twilight yelled.

"Twilight, please stop you are making everypony uncomfortable." pleaded Fluttershy.

"Darling, if you are about that cave incident, then I am sorry!"

"Alright I'll bite this time," Twilight became civilized once again.

"Come on girls we are all been there," said Fluttershy. "Thanks to you Twilight we diffused that situation with minimum casualties."

"Yeah, true enough," said Applejack.

"I think we can almost make it if we hurry," offered Pinkie.


Ten minutes later.


"Hello Ms. Rarity, Ms. Twilight, " said Hoity Toity, he was waiting for them to arrive.

"What, we aren't good enough for you?"

"Rainbow, please behave." said Fluttershy.

"No, no, it's quite alright, that was on me to blame."

"Please excuse my companions," Twilight said with the forced smile. "Seriously Rainbow, if you say another word," she hissed.

"I don't know what you mean?" whispered Rainbow with her own innocent smile. "It was his fault for being rude."


"Alright let's just do it," said Pinkie Pie.

"Just smile and wave girls! Smile and wave!" said Twilight. All of them entered the next room full of news reporters and flashes of cameras.

"Look at me, Twilight, I am smiling and waving," Pinkie whispered with excitement.

What has my life become?

That's why it called life, it's complicated and sometimes we don't know what to do, but it's our life and we choose to make it better.

Thanks, Fluttershy, I really need it.


"Hello girls, I am glad all of you managed to come."

"Hello Twilight, it's been awhile," said Moondancer. "Let me get drinks for you, the usual?"

"Sure, why not, that would be nice right now."

"Stressful night?"

"Yeah, a bit."

"Ever missed old days? You know you can always come back."

"It's quite alright, you know you can always come to Poniville?!"

"Gone native, I see."

"I am afraid I am, is it such a crime?"

"No, of course not silly," said Pinkie Pie. "Now then let's just enjoy the evening together."

Author's Note:

Well, that did just happen, we know this was a tv-y show but we were all thinking it what Rarity was doing in Dog and a Pony Show.Why there are no female Diamond Dogs anyway?

In reality, that episode was one of my favorites, Rarity was really awesome in this one.

Thank you, everyone, for reading this chapter.