• Published 8th Aug 2017
  • 1,076 Views, 31 Comments

I'll Find You. - Adorkable



From the sunlight Diamond Tiara calls into the abyss, she wishes that a reply will call back. No matter how long it takes, she will lead her back.

  • ...
1
 31
 1,076

Secrets.

The room was darker today as if the sunshine had been stolen from the world, the dark clouds hovering high in the sky outside mockingly. Tiara's Mother was already in her seat when she arrived, hooves strapped in tightly as her eyes were full of confusion and fear.

Jeffrey had spoken about how she was on edge, the last few days that of fear and nightmares. He suggested Tiara return another day when her mind was less foggy, yet she had to see her, her mother was inside that fog and she simply had to provide the light.

“Mom?” Tiara sat across from the mare, speaking in a calm and collected voice.

“Why am I strapped down!?” The mare flung her hooves up, straining the leather straps holding her in place.

“They say you've felt confused?” Tiara tried to grab her attention.

“Of course I am, this hellish place is holding me here!?” The mare shot the child a hateful glare.

Tiara folded her ears down in despair, Spoiled Milk's words ringing loudly inside her ears. Her mother wasn't completely gone, she refused to believe such a heartbreaking fact.

“Mom it's me remember!?” Tiara placed a tiny hoof atop her mother's.

“I know you!” The mare let her eyes widen in complete surprise.

“You do!?” Tiara felt her tail swishing side to side in joy.

“Mm-hmm! You're that mean old mule!” The mare broke into a fit of laughter.

“No, please mom don't leave me!” Tiara pounced upon the large table in terror, her small heart racing wildly.

“Yeah, you have the same color and everything!” The mare gave a roll of the eye towards her daughter.

“It's me Tiara, you promised you'd come back!” Tiara lunged at the mare wrapping tiny hooves around her, pulling into a sudden tear soaked embrace.

“MULE! MULE! MULE! EEEYAW! EEEYAW!” The mare shook in place roughly, the small child hugging her mother for dear life.

“MOM!” Diamond Tiara screamed the chair rocking violently as her mother yelled nonsense, the orderlies beginning to unlock the visiting room door.

“Buck you Mule!” She spit a warm wad of saliva in the child's face, Tiara falling off her mother to the floor with a thud.

The rattling of keys echoed across the claustrophobic room, Tiara curling up into a ball on the floor. Her mother was indeed lost in faux memories, everything to her a blur of nonsensical tall tales.

“I needed that medicine to get out of here!” The mare snapped in pure hatred towards the confused child.

“What did you say!?” Tiara felt her eyes lock onto the mare in utmost shock, perhaps it wasn't nonsense!?

“MULE!!” She howled like a timberwolf towards the ceiling, Jeffrey and two nurse ponies rushing inside before unstrapping the mare from the restraints.

“Please, what did you say!?” Tiara screamed as loud as possible for a reply, a nurse roughly grabbing her shoulder before yanking the child from the room.

Tiara struggled while being escorted down the icy sterile white hallway, her mother had indeed called out from the abyss. Now it was her turn to piece together the shattered puzzle, or risk losing her mother forever.