• Published 7th Aug 2017
  • 878 Views, 5 Comments

The Phenomenal One - TheAnimerican



She is phenomenal and a successful wrestler, but will her next opponent be her downfall?

  • ...
 5
 878

Chapter 1

It was a bright and early day at the Wonderbolt Academy. Rainbow Dash soared through the sky with her fellow Wonderbolts, as they practiced for their next air show. You had Spitfire in the lead of Rainbow and Soarin in a triangle formation.

"Alright Soarin, you will be coming up from the left and Rainbow from the right! Tight formation!" Spitfire shouted.

"Yes ma'am!" Rainbow and Soarin confirmed. Once they closed in on Spitfire, all three opened special pouches to release thunder clouds and created their trails. Just as they practiced, they followed procedure to create their own Wonderbolt emblem. A perfect finish for a perfect morning of practice.

"Well done ladies," said Spitfire. "Alright, everypony hit the showers!"

***

"Wow, what a long day," Rainbow Dash thought as she entered the locker room at the Wonderbolt Academy. "I can't wait to take a long cold shower. After that, go home and take a nap... for a day or two."

When Rainbow went to her locker, she found that there was an envelope in the locker's vent. She pulled the letter to find her name on it.

"What's that you got there Rainbow?" Spitfire asked.

"I don't know," Rainbow replied.

"Maybe it is Soarin's love confession," Spitfire joked.

"Pfft, yeah right," Rainbow could not help but scoff at the idea. It was obvious to everypony that Soarin had a thing for Spitfire.

When she ripped it open, there was obviously a folded letter, but also two tickets. She ignored the tickets and read the letter:

Rainbow!!!

How is our awesome daughter? Remember how when you were little, you and I would always go out and watch wrestling whenever it came to Cloudsdale? Well an old friend of mine gave me a couple of tickets. I would go, but I already promised your Mom that we would visit her parents that week. Also, I doubt you would want to go watch a wrestling match with your old stallion. So why don't you go and take one of your friends with you? I hope you have fun and be sure to cheer loud with the crowd!

Your Biggest Fan,

Dad

P.S.

Your Mom is only the second biggest fan, but don't tell her I said that.

"So was I right?" asked Spitfire.

"Nope, it was from my Dad. He hooked me up with a couple of tickets. The EWE is coming to Cloudsdale."

"The EWE?"

"Equestrian Wrestling Entertainment."

"Oh that? I'm not a big fan. It's all fake." If there is one thing that you don't tell a wrestling fan, you don't tell them that it is fake. Although majority of fans know that it's fake, they like their imagination to keep riding. Rainbow Dash kept her comment to herself.

"I guess that means you wouldn't want to go?"

"Nope. I would rather train newbies to fly the elite course."

"But that would take forever?"

"Exactly."

Rainbow gave a chuckle and looked at the tickets."Wrestling huh? Hmm... it looks like these tickets are for... tonight!?! My Dad cut this really close. I wonder if that little squirt would go."

***

"Of course I want to go!" Scootaloo answered excitedly.

"Ha! I didn't know you like wrestling?" said Rainbow.

"Well, actually I have never been to a wrestling match, but a chance to hangout with you is awesome enough!"

"True true, I am awesome to hangout with."

"So when is it?"

"Well, actually... it's tonight."

"Tonight?"

"I don't blame you if you can't go. I'll just-."

"Are you kidding!?! Of course I can go!"

"Really? Awesome! See ya squirt!" Rainbow Dash said before she flew off back home.

"Now that I think about it," Rainbow thought, "It has been years since I went to my last wrestling match. I wonder if any of the wrestlers I grew up with are still active."

With that thought in mind, she reminisced the last time she went to the wrestling ring with her Dad. They were sitting in the front row of the second level in the Cloudeseum stadium. Before the wrestlers even showed up, pegasi screamed and demanded for entertainment. Depending on the wrestler, they would either be good or bad, talented or losers, cheered or booed.

Rainbow's favorite wrestler at the time was called "The Undertaker." He was an earth pony, talk, and a dark figure when he entered the ring. He always wore a black trench coat and a black western hat called, Boss of the Plains." Whenever she looked at him, she saw that he struck fear in other wrestlers. Out of the many wrestlers there, she considered him the best and she loved the best.

As the memories of her filly days flowed into her, an excitement began to build up inside her. She already looked forward to tonight. As well as looked forward to the old and new wrestlers she was about to see.

***

Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo arrived at the Cloudeseum stadium. The last time Rainbow was there was when she pulled off the second Sonic Rainboom. As expected, it was packed with fans and it was difficult to walk in the crowd. As a precaution, Rainbow kept Scootaloo close by wrapping a wing around her as they walked through the crowds.

Left and right, they saw fans carrying EWE merchandise and some had their own homemade signs. This crowd was somewhat more intense than Rainbow Dash remembered. The crowd was so thick that Rainbow didn't have time to stop to look at maps.

They reached the second floor of the stadium to find that the crowd wasn't as bad. Perhaps it was because the first floor had the most merchants. Anyways, after finally getting through the worst of the crowd, Rainbow Dash found a staff member, "Excuse me?"

"Oh yes? How may I help you?"

"We need help to find our seats." Rainbow Dash presented her their tickets.

"Ah okay. Wow, these are very good seats miss. However, it is on the other side of the stadium. You can go ahead and step right through here. Then you can just fly down to the first floor and you will be in the very front in section 'C.'"

"The very front!?!"

"The very front," the staff member repeated with a smile.

"Thank you so much! Come on Scoot." Rainbow was very excited as she had never sat in the very front before.

As instructed, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo made their way inside. Once they reached the ledge, both the girls were amazed as they saw the wrestling ring. Normally, there would be a giant hole in the center of the stadium, but it was completely covered by clouds. On one side of the stadium, there was a large white blank screen. To each side, were towers with a unicorn posted in each one. Rainbow remembered that they would use their magic to project the wrestler's entrance video as their theme songs played.

"Rainbow, I think our seats are over there," Scootaloo pointed out. Rainbow turned her attention to where the little filly was pointing. Across from them, on the first floor, were groups of ponies in a section labeled "C." Already Rainbow could see where they were meant to sit. She then had Scootaloo mount on her back as they flew down to their assigned seats.

Finally able to rest in their seats, they eagerly waited for the event to start.

"You're going to love this squirt. These wrestlers do all sorts of awesome moves! There is this one wrestler called the Undertaker, and he has this awesome finisher where he-."

"Uh miss," Rainbow was interrupted by a male pegasus that sat right next to her. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but I couldn't help but overhear. Did you say the Undertaker?"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry to break it to you, but that wrestler retired last year."

"What!?!" Rainbow shouted in shock and hurt by the news. The Undertaker retired? When she was a filly, that was one stallion that actually seemed like he would never get too old to wrestle.

"If it makes you feel any better, tonight we should be seeing the debut of another wrestler."

"Is he good?"

"SHE is one of the best in the business."

A mare wrestler? Normally the mares of EWE couldn't fight, but to be considered one of the best, Rainbow just had to see this.

"What's her name?" Scootaloo asked.

"Her name is-" Before he could finish, fireworks shot off around the stadium, signaling the show had started.

"You'll see!" The pegasus shouted to them over the fireworks. He then joined the crowd as they cheered for the start of the event.

Rainbow then looked to Scootaloo with a smile and gave a shrug. Then both girls cheered along with the crowd; excited for the start up.

***

"I can't believe how awesome these matches are!" Scootaloo shouted.

"Yeah! Although, I don't think some of the new wrestlers are as good as the ones from when I was a filly. So who do you like so far?"

"I really liked the Big Show! He was huge! He threw his opponent out the ring like he was a doll."

"Yeah he's cool, but he put on a lot of weight."

"Who do you like so far?"

"I really liked the one that calls himself the Demon King. His finishing move looks like it gives other wrestlers serious chest pain."

Rainbow then looked to the male pegasus that she spoke to earlier, "Hey, where is this awesome mare you were talking about?"

"She should be coming out next. Her match is the main event. She is one of the few mares that is willing to fight stallions."

Wow. This mare is not only in the main event, but she can fight stallions as well. Rainbow Dash believed she might have found her new favorite wrestler.

Suddenly, the lights dimmed down and music began to play. Rainbow and Scootaloo then looked to the entrance to see a pony wearing a hooded vest walking out.The crowd, all around her, began to cheer the loudest cheer she had heard all night.

"It's her! It's her!" The pegasus shouted.

Rainbow and Scootaloo looked at the entrance with excitement while watching the mysterious mare. The mare then stood on her hind legs with her front forelegs stretched out to the side. Then, once the music stopped, the lights went out. In an instant, lights turned on, concentrated on the mare once the music played again. She then took off her hood and revealed her face. While the crowd cheered and praised, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo were silent in shock. The two knew exactly who the wrestler was. Not from popularity, but on a personal level. The mare was none other than;

"APPLEJACK!?!"

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! So I am sure you are all aware that this is WWE/MLP fimfic. Although there may not be too many fans of WWE, I thank you all for giving this a shot. In case you didn't notice, I provided links to wrestler's names in case you were wondering who they are based off of.

Also, I tried to describe the Applejack's entrance as best I could. If you would like to have a better idea how it was supposed to be, I will provide a link here. Thank you so much for your time and I hope you all enjoy future chapters!