• Published 10th Aug 2017
  • 932 Views, 2 Comments

A Belle and a Button Mash - Creativa-Artly01



Sweetie Belle, now a teen, has started going out with Button Mash and Rarity couldn't be prouder of her.

  • ...
6
 2
 932

Chapter 7

It's a new day and Sweetie is getting fitted for a wedding gown of her choice by her big sister. "Rarity," she asks, "why did you never marry?"

"I'm married to my fashion, Sweetie Belle," she replies, "so I never had time to fall for a stallion."

Rarity gets back to sticking pins in part of the dress since Sweetie is of a smaller frame and stature than herself by like two or three inches. Once the dress is pinned, Rarity starts the mends. Sweetie just stands there all the while impatiently rolling her eyes. Three hours later, Rarity finally finishes mending the dress and then removes it from Sweetie so she can put the music note on the front like her little sister wants. Rarity is glad she finally gets to make a wedding dress for her sister. This is the proudest moment of her life and she's going to savor it while she can.

Sweetie Belle, on the other hoof, runs out the door and down to the florist to get the flower arrangements planned. At the florist, Sweetie tells the florist that she wants pink and white flowers in the arrangement along with dragon bell flowers. The florist agrees to this arrangement and begins to work on the special order after asking when she needs it for. "Seven months," she tells him and he gets right to work. Once this is done, Sweetie runs off to Pinkie's to tell her the cake flavor they want for the wedding cake. Everything is coming together perfectly. Sweetie couldn't be happier. Meanwhile, Button Mash is at the jeweler's, getting the rings made. He just hopes, as he sits and waits, Sweetie is getting the rest done in terms of the cake, flowers, and of course, the music and ice sculpture.

A few hours later, Button Mash leaves the shop with the promise that the rings will be done in six months time. He then returns to the house where he is greeted by his mother. "Hey mom," he sighs.

"Long day?" she asks.

"Yep, wedding planning is tough," replies Button Mash. His mother just giggles and smiles before leaving the room and returning to him with a lunch of grilled cheese and mac n cheese. He then happily eats his lunch before going to his room and getting on the phone with the tuxedo shop to rent a suit for seven months time for his wedding day. Everything is coming along slowly but surely and that is all he could ever hope for.