• Published 13th Aug 2017
  • 316 Views, 3 Comments

Orange by name, Apple by heart - Celestal Moon



Amanatsu, a respective member of the Orange family of manehattern, runs to her cousins in ponyville when her life crashes around and finds out more about who she is meant to be.

  • ...
 3
 316

A friendly place

"Thank you for this, my Lord." Amanatsu smiled as Lord Nova Star got her a train ticket bound for Ponyville.

"Please, just call me Nova. I hope I meet you again." He smiled at her.

"I will write once I have settled there." Amanatsu nodded. He waved her off as she left Manehattan. "Tell my family!" She yelled, he nodded in reply as he vanished around the corner. Amanatsu settled down for the journey to ponyville.


Amanatsu got off the train, and stepped out in Ponyville. She could see the castle that belonged to the newest Princess, Twilight Sparkle. But, she needed to get to Sweet Apple Acres. She began to trot down the street when she saw a shop and gasped. She galloped over to it. Carousel Boutique. This was Rarity's first and main boutique. Excited she entered. Rarity was her favourite fashion designer, she looked at the dresses around the store.

"Welcome to Carousel Boutique, how may I help you?" A white Unicorn stepped forward, Amanatsu smiled.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Rarity, I am Amanatsu." Amanatsu introduced herself.

"The fashion modal from Manehatten?" Rarity gasped.

"Ex-modal." Amanatsu said sourly, Rarity looked at her confused, but Amanatsu smiled. "Anyway, I have been wanting to meet you for the longest time, you are my favourite fashion designer. Your designs are just so inspired!"

"Oh, well, Thank you darling!" Rarity flushed with pride. She looked at Amanatsu and gasped. "I have a perfect idea for a gown for you, Follow me!" Rarity trotted away, surprised Amanatsu followed. She soon found herself standing still as Rarity began making a new dress for her. Amanatsu watched her work. She amazed and inspired about how Rarity pt some much heart and soul into her work. Amanatsu found herself looking away and frowning, what was she going to do now. She was in Ponyville, she guessed she could ask AppleJack if she could help out on the farm, but whilst they were related, she was an orange, even her cutie mark was an Orange.

"Why did you quit as a modal, if you don't mind me asking." Rarity spoke up.

"A stallion wished to take me for lunch. He want to so he would get boost in his image because I was one of the top modal mares in Manehatten. Then the company owner said if there was a couple in the company they could start doing couple shots, and how great that would be business...But, that is not what I wanted. I want to be judged on what I do, not who I associated with." Amanatsu sighed.

"I know how you feel darling. I once went to Canterlot and became popular with the high society ponies there...but, my friends came to visit during a garden party. I was afraid of causing y friends over the high society ponies, afraid they would judge me because my friends were not high society material, if you understand my meaning." Rarity said, Amanatsu nodded. "That day I learnt it doesn't matter who my friends are, I am proud to have them, and proud to be from Ponyville, no matter what any pony else thinks."

"That is a good lesson to learn." Amanatsu smiled. "To be honest, I am not sure what I want any more. If that is what being a modal means, I don't want any part of it. I...just don't know."

"Well, there must have been a reason you came to ponyville." Rarity said

"Yes, My cousin lives here. I haven't seen her in the longest time. Maybe you know here, her name is AppleJack." Amanatsu looked at Rarity as she completely stopped in what she was doing.

"You're related to AppleJack?" Rarity repeated, Amanatsu nodded. Rarity continued making the dress. "Me and that pony need to have a talk."

"So, you do know her." Amanatsu smiled

"Of course darling. We are pretty good friends." Rarity nodded. "Though, that pony has no sense in fashion." Amanatsu chuckled.

"Does she still wearing that hat?" Amanatsu asked, Rarity nodded, Amanatsu laughed.

"That hat does suite her though. He dad used to wear one like it." Amanatsu said. Rarity stepped back.

"Well done. It looks fabulous, if I do say so myself!" Rarity beamed. Amanatsu looked in the mirror and smiled. The dress was different tones of green with floral patterns.

"I love it." She smiled and twirled. The door opened, Apple Bloom, Sweetie belle and Scootaloo ran in.

"Hey Rarity!" Sweetie belle yelled as they ran up stairs.

"Hello girls, oh Apple Bloom." Rarity said, The CMC stopped and looked. "This is Amanatsu, I believe she is a cousin of yours."

"Amanatsu?" Apple Bloom asked, looked at her.

"I am Babs older sister." Amanatsu smiled "Thank you for being her friend. And for helping her speak to me about bullies."

"No problem, why are your here? Is Babs here too?" Apple Bloom asked excitedly.

"I am afraid not. I came here alone. I guess I am hoping to find a new purpose in my life, as my old one didn't turn out too well." Amanatsu explained.

"We can help!" Scootaloo said.

"We help ponies find out the truth of their Cutie marks!" Sweetie belle told her.

"I guess I was really meant to come here. I hope you can help me." Amanatsu smiled. The girls nodded. "Thank you for making this Rarity, but I think it would be safer here then on a farm."

"I shall keep it safe for you." Rarity nodded, Amanatsu got out of the dress and Rarity put it away. "How about this?" She tied a green scarf around her neck in a triangle shape. Amanatsu looked in the mirror and laughed.

"This is perfect, thank you Rarity." Amanatsu smiled

"No problem dear. Come by any time." Rarity said, Amanatsu nodded. The CMC walked with her down the street.

"Your cutie mark is just an Orange, so, did you used to grow Oranges?" Apple bloom asked.

"It would seems so, but no. I was a modal in Manehatten. I figured out it probably wasn't the best road for me after a particular event." Amanatsu said "So, I was hoping to stay at Sweet Apple Acres until I can get on my own hooves. I am even willing to help on the farm if need be."

"Well, Farm work may be what you're meant to do. Come on!" The Fillies began to run ahead. Amanatsu smiled and galloped after them.