• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 2,133 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Puyo - AndyManX



Puyo Puyo meets MLP. Enough said.

  • ...
3
 4
 2,133

Rainbow Dash vs. Draco Centauros

Hey everypony, I just got into the Puyo fandom not too long ago. Given the story behind the series, I'm surprised no one has crossed these two universes yet. Well, a first time for everything. This will be an action-based fic, so not much will be backstory-based. This is something new to keep me on my toes. Enjoy!

My Little Pony and its characters are owned by Hasbro. Puyo Puyo and its characters are owned by Sega.

Summertime in Ponyville, a time for merriment for all of the village's residents. But for Rainbow Dash, it was just another day of training for the Wonderbolts. She was already one of the best fliers in Equestria, but Rainbow was always pressing herself to be more. As she soared through the sky, she felt determined and strong, ready to take on anything that would pose a threat to her dream and prove to herself and everypony that she was the best. Unfortunately, her concentration was shattered in an instant by a sudden flash of white light.

-----

Summertime in Primp Town, a calm time for the residents of the magical city. But for Draco Centauros, it was anything but calm. Draco was always one of the most fiercest competitors in any competition she was in, whether it be fighting, races, or , her favorite, beauty contests. With the surprise announcement of a beautification competition in the Primp Town School of Magic fresh in her mind, Draco was speeding through the air with her strong dragon wings, the wind rushing through her green hair and iconic crimson battle dress. The school was soon in sight, and so was ensured victory, but Draco had not anticipated being thrown off course by a blinding white flash.

-----

Being blinded for a brief moment, neither fierce flier saw the other coming towards her, so they ended up colliding, tumbling in the air for a brief moment before breaking away to stabilize and take notice of what exactly in the world crashed into them. To be blunt, both were quite surprised with what they were looking at. Draco wasn't as stupefied; she had seen her fair share of weird creatures. She was, however, frustrated.

"Watch where you're going, dummy!" Draco shouted. Rainbow blinked, stunned for a moment before regaining her fiesty composure.

"I'm the dummy!?" Dash retorted, "You crashed into me, you dumb dragon-looking thing!"

Their respective angers were burning, so much that they failed to notice the peculiarity of a faint voice in the back of their mind, whispering to them a similar message:

Who does this thing think she is? You're on a tight schedule, and she comes out of nowhere to mess you up! Some nerve. Why don't you show her who's boss? Set her straight.

Draco dashed towards Rainbow, fists clenched, ready to strike. She misjudged Dash's speed, however, and immediately Rainbow flew towards Draco and tackled her, knocking the wind from Draco's lungs and sending her tumbling backwards in the air. Rainbow then followed up by flying above Draco and diving down, forelegs stretched out. Her hooves came crashing down onto Draco's back hard, hitting her down towards the ground.

Draco managed to upright herself before her touchdown, landing hard enough on her feet to cause a small crack in the ground. She looked up at her opponent, more enraged than ever. She rockets back into the air and roars at Dash, sending out a jet of flames towards the cyan pegasus. Rainbow flew to the side, just barely missing the fireball and singing her tail. In her dodge attempt, Dash didn't see Draco dart to her, finally landing a solid punch to Rainbow's side. The force sent Rainbow flying, but she immediately recovered and dashed back at her aggressor.

Rainbow quickly circled around Draco, building up speed and wind to create a technicolor whirlwind around the dragongirl. Draco was left with little option except to brace herself, but she wasn't going to just sit there at let the pony have the better of her. She took a deep breath and exhaled another wave of fire into the whirlwind around her. Dash was caught in the blaze and lost control, spiraling out and down to the ground, her fur singed and body burnt. As Rainbow hit the ground, Draco was upon her, ready to land the finishing blow.

She was stopped by another blinding white light from between the two fierce fliers. It condensed into a small ball of light and rose into the air a few feet above them. They both looked up at the strange light and once again heard the soft voice in their minds.

Now now, no need to kill each other, sillies. This is more than enough. Draco, you may want to take a look around. You're not in Primp Town anymore. Come with me if you want to have a chance to return home. And Rainbow, you should follow as well. Your friends' lives may be in danger. You wouldn't want to let them down now, would you?

And with that, the light floated away, heading in the direction of the Everfree Forest. Draco looked back down to her opponent and scoffed. She was still angry, now knowing she was going to miss her contest, but she felt she should at least help the fallen pony up. Draco pulled Rainbow to her hooves and dusted herself and the pegasus off.

"Look," Draco began, "I'm not too happy about all this, but we should get going. Sounds like things are getting serious and your friends might be in danger."

Rainbow nodded and winced slightly. Her body was sore, but she was still in good condition. Besides, nothing was going to stop her from protecting the ones she cared about.

"Yeah,"Rainbow responded, "Let's go. I'm Rainbow Dash, fastest flier in Equestria. What's your name?"

"Draco Centauros. Glad to meet someone else who's strong. Alright, let's get going, Rainbow."

The two took to the skies together, following in the direction of the ball of light. But this was only the beginning.

Well, that was fun! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I liked writing it. I know it's short, but I have a lot planned, so don't worry. We still got 5 more mane characters before the plot even really picks up! Stay tuned!