• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 807 Views, 11 Comments

A New Perspective - kharne34231



What if, everything you knew was gone? What if you awoke in a world you did not recognize? What if you yourself had changed? I did, and this

  • ...
 11
 807

Awakening

Chapter 1 awakening

the sound of metal and glass shattering pierced my ears and before i knew it i was out cold. the screaming that had filled the air along with the horn vanished out of the air.

I was cold and wet, those were my first feelings. From my fingers to my toes it was almost all completely numb. Rain poured down from the sky which was covered in dark clouds. No stars were lit in the sky or even the moon to show my way. i was alone in a dark world with no idea of how i got here.

In a spasm of pain I let out a short cough only to find that I was immensely thirsty. I opened my mouth to catch the rain but my muscles didn’t respond. My vision was hazy but I was able to make out the blurry images of trees towering over me along with their shapes. They were tall and seemed to reach all the way to the sky.

Am…am I dreaming? I asked myself. I tried to look but I could not turn my head or even my eyes for that matter. Just then a distant sensation gripped me. It seemed to be coming from my arm. Left… or right. I couldn’t tell the difference I was so dreary. Then something strange happened, a voice clear as day and calm pierced my ears. Only I didn’t hear the voice it came from, well I don’t know.

Are you ok? The voice asked. I tried to look and see what I was hearing but a force prevented it. Please, try not to move, you’re not well. The voice was very sincere, I happily obliged for I couldn’t move in the first place nor for that matter did I believe to have the ability to do so.

What is your name? The voice asked. My name, wait what was my name? Furthermore who was this person talking to me? And why was I in a rainy forest. My thoughts began to race as to what was going on. Please calm yourself, getting hysterical will not help you. The voice said in a more frantic tone. It seemed rather afraid for me for some reason.

Please you must speak to me if I am to help you. I didn’t know what to do. None of my muscles would respond to my call even my voice wouldn’t respond. All was silent, yet I could hear this voice. Why could I hear it and not the rain around me?

I soon became aware of a presence by my arm but I couldn’t identify it nor could I tell which arm it was for that matter. The presence was sincere and calming, even from the seemingly infinite space I could feel the kindness. Where am I? I thought to myself. Then almost instantaneously the voice replied.

You’re in the Everfree forest. The voice responded. Wait did it respond to my thoughts? And did it just say “Everfree forest?” if it did then does that mean I’m in… no! This must be some kind of prank, how else would this work. I mean ponies aren’t REAL, are they.

What is your name? I asked intently with my mind open.

My name is twilight sparkle. I didn’t think my condition could get worse, but it did. The mention of that name drove my mind in panic as to the possibilities. The better question is who are you, and what were you doing out here in the middle of a rain storm? Twilight asked.

I didn’t know how to respond. I was already bewildered at the mention of her name. What was I supposed to say when I didn’t even know how I got here in the first place? My senses were beginning to return to me. Up until now I had been relying on this disembodied voice, now I was regaining my hearing. As if a mile away I was able to hear talking between two beings. One was frantic the other was trying to… focus? Focus on what?

What are you talking about over there? I asked.

My friend is trying to stabilize you. She is really worried for your health, and frankly so am I. I’m talking to you so you can stay conscious. Twilight replied.

How bad is my condition?

You’re losing a lot of blood, were trying to get you to the hospital in Ponyville.

I’m losing blood, great. What happened to me that was so bad I was in a dangerous condition. Wait... what did happen? I couldn’t remember what happened. The entire day was a blur; I had no recollection of what happened at all. Did I hit my head or something?

I could begin to hear and feel much better now but my vision was still very blurry. What scared me though is what I didn’t feel. It was as if my feet and hands were gone and all that remained were stumps. Oh god what did I do to myself, was I really in that bad of a condition.

Where are my hands and feet! I asked desperately. At this point I didn’t care who I was talking to or where I was I just wanted help. In the distance I could hear voices; they had a confused tone to them as if they didn’t know how to reply. For a moment there was no response then twilight asked me a question.

What are you talking about? Ponies don’t have hands, or feet really. My heart dropped like a stone as my senses began to return to me, And at the worst possible moment. I could now tell that not only were my hands and feet gone but I had gained some parts. I could feel my ears were different and, oh god did I have a tail!

Am I a pony! I asked frantically. No response came, just a silence that told me I had asked a stupid question. In shock I blacked out and began to dream.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the dream I stood upright in my room, wait no it was an apartment. The crude unit consisted of a small kitchen complete with a run-down stove, a mini fringe and poor storage areas on the celling and floor, at least one was broken. Next to it was a table, oak or some kind of hardwood and a chair crafted fairly well. On top of the chair was what looked to be a gown of sorts?

The gown was plain and black. I reached for it and walked over to a mirror. Although I couldn’t see my face I could tell I was ecstatic and happy. The gown looked vaguely familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on it. Then I began to dress myself in it. Soon it was on but I still didn’t have my answer. It came when I put on the cap, the graduation cap. I was graduating from college that day.

Then through the door came a man and a women in an instant I could tell they were my parents. I still could not see any faces. My mom ran over and gave me a hug and said something. My father came over and gave me a pat on the back. “I am so proud of you.” He said.

Then something weird happened. A flash of light cut me from the tender moment and I was filled with adrenaline. My body was rocking around like mad and I was screaming along with two other people. A blaring loud noise pierced my ears and I was thrown into a spiral. Thrown around like a ragdoll I hit myself on every perceivable surface. Then silence fell and the dream faded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke to a bright white light above my head. I could see now but the feeling in my body was numbed out and I couldn’t move. I blinked and the haze that surrounded me began to filter away. I could turn my eyes enough to see what I was lying on and to make a general inference of where I was. It was some kind of hospital, and I was lying alone in a white bed, warm and as far as I could tell safe.

I could hear voices outside my door; they seemed to be approaching steadily. I closed my eyes but kept listening. Soon the door opened and I could make out someone saying “shh, he’s still asleep.” A voice said softly as to not disturb me. Strangely I recognized the voice, it was familiar to me.

“I can’t believe he’s still asleep. I mean really he’s been out cold for who knows how long.” Another voice commented.

“It don’t surprise me much. He sure did lose a lot of blood from what I hear.” Another responded.
“Well at least he made it out alive. Still I can’t imagine what he could have been doing in the Everfree forest.” The original voice said.

I was very tempted to look to see who these people were now. Perhaps if I listen more I could determine what was going on. Then something I couldn’t ignore happened. MY TAIL TWITCHED. This in and of itself was enough to send a shiver down my spine. Adrenaline shot through my body in fear of what had just happened.
All my senses immediately turned on and I began to perceive exactly what was going on. I could feel my tail under the covers. I could feel my ears, were too long for my comfort. But the thing that scared the daylights out of me and forced me to unintentionally open my eyes was that I had no hands or feet.

“AHH!” I screamed. I don’t know who was shocked more me or them. It must have seemed to them I was awaking from a night mare or something. For me on the other hand it was like entering one. Around my bed stood PONIES! Six of them, looking AT ME in shock. If anyone was in shock I was.

Apparently I had scared one; it had run off to the other side of the room. No wait it flew there? Then it hit me. Around me weren’t just ponies they were the ones from the cartoon I had watched. Directly to my left was a purple unicorn, twilight. Next to her was a light brown… earth pony, applejack. Then it was rainbow dash, rarity, pinky and that meant the one I scared off was… Fluttershy.

“Hey you’re awake!” pinky exclaimed with the utmost excitement. “Oh geez it’s good to meet you john.” She shot out her hoof. All I did was give her a look of confusion. John? that wasnt my name. Guessing I moved out my hoof to…my…hoof. I froze looking at it in disbelief.

“Um are you ok dude.” Rainbowdash asked. I was still stuck looking at MY HOOF.

“wh…where am I?” I asked in a stammered tongue.

“You’re in the hospital. You would have died If we hadn’t brought you here.” Raibowdash replied.

“No I mean what country…what city?”

“Why darling you’re in Ponyville of course.” Rarity stated. I took a big gulp and began to realize what was going on. something had happened to me and now for whatever reason. I was a pony, and i was in Ponyville.