• Published 22nd Jul 2017
  • 380 Views, 1 Comments

BIOMAGIC - IcePony



After the electric company gets furious with BioMagic for creating Nuclear Magic, a substance that replaces electricity. They create a group to make the tanks explode. The rest is in BioMagics Journal and in a few tape recordings..

  • ...
3
 1
 380

Day two of writing this thing

My mouth is sore and dry but I'll write this anyway. My back is killing me, this hay really is uncomfortable! So what happened when the tanks exploded...well...it brang a war between mutants, who have no control, and ponies trying to stay alive. You see, I haven't purposely tested the magic on anypony but I knew it was dangerous to unicorns. It couldn't affect pegasi or earth ponies in its pure form. I came to this conclusion when I was thinking about hiring pegasi and earth ponies, but came to the realization that they couldn't help because the work can only be done by a unicorn. So my entire factory was filled with unicorns. One clumsy unicorn managed to get a tiny bit of N.M on her and her coat melted off. As you already know in the tanks, there's a high concentration of magic, but we convert that into a liquid form, put them into tubes, ship it off ready to be used as power. This can't be done by pegasi or earth because we operate the machine from a distance to avoid that, yet somehow it got on her. To this day I still don't know how that happened...

I hate remembering this...but I'll say it since no pony can... when the tanks exploded there was tons of nuclear magic, in its purest form, bounced everywhere at the speed of sound. It needs a medium to go into body so it seeps into every unicorn's horn and travels through their bodies. I was at a meeting at the time and a barrier was put up at the door to block any intruders, it was private business. I heard and felt the shock wave of the untamed nuclear magic, I don't know what happened or how they got in, but they did. I heard screaming and hollering of shock, pain, and horror. Their screams will never leave my head for as long as I am still breathing. Soon enough the barrier shattered and N.M shot in every direction, making its final destination into every unicorns horn. There were pegasi and earth ponies in the room with us, and just as I thought, apart from the feelings of shock at seeing the N.M affect their co-workers, they were otherwise unaffected.

Now I will talk about the different kind of effects this had on the unicorns. There's three types of mutants that the affected unicorns could transform into:

Liquidators: When the N.M completely melts the pony's skin but they are kept alive for roughly 3 hours before dying. I guess the N.M keeps them alive in some way. The best explanation I could come up with is they experience a magic overload that would keep them alive until the excess magic naturally dissipates. It affects mostly foals, the sick, the elderly, and ponies with a weak immune system. As you can tell it is the most common. Before they die, they must find a solid life form to merge with in order to stay alive longer. These ponies can turn into amalgamations the size of a small car or a house. To kill them you must not touch them, that is if you don't want to be liquefied and merged in the process. You need to trap them in a barrier spell so they can die naturally, if you shoot a beam of magic at them they will get bigger. If you are a pegasus or an Earth pony...run. There's nothing you can do.

Bubblers: Not the most common but in the city it is. It usually occurs in large, strong stallions. Large bubbles filled with radiation and N.M form all over the body. They usually live for roughly 10 hours, but if the pony is strong enough, it may be longer. When they die, the bubbles would be the size of softballs by now, the bubbles would pop and the pony would throw up its organs along with anything else that’s left. Next they would expand and pop like a gore filled balloon. The N.M infects their brain and gives them the instinct to infect others. Kinda like that show “The Trotting Dead”. You can get this by them biting you or getting the substance on your fur. You would kill them like anything else though. My work buddy was a bubbler and I had to kill her in mercy. From what I know the pony they once were is still trapped inside and can feel everything the body feels.

Disperser: This was the rarest because it only occurs in powerful ponies. The N.M was mixed with their powerful magic stored in their horn and spread throughout their bodies, creating crystal like spikes all throughout their body, most notably around the horn. Whenever they tried to use magic, it would shoot out of the spikes instead of the tip of their horn. It wouldn't infect anypony, it would kill them on impact, like getting hit with lightning. Like I said N.M is basically energy but nuclear and combined with the holders magic so it amplifies in power. They have no control over their magic though...I guess I was different. I'm a disperser and only the right side got transform because I heard the blast and quickly put a shield up so I was half protected. Yes I have control over my magic outbursts and mind but when I try to use magic it would have the same effect. I tried to save a pony from a bubbler by using magic but ended up killing both of them. She had a light coat, swirly mane, and three pieces of candy as a cutie mark. I lived in Canterlot and I was at Ponyville at the time. In Canterlot it was the worst because my factory was located there. The mutants spread quickly, I guess it was because the neither the princesses nor the guards could contain it since they were magic users. To my knowledge the princesses are safe and unharmed but I can't say the same for everypony else. I forgot to say that I’m in an apple cellar. I arrived at a farm populated with many apple trees. I saw no pony there except for a few Liquidators...wait...I hear banging on the cellar doors...mutants still come after me because I'm half pony but they don't have this good of a sense of smell! Or is it a normal pony? Either way I'm dead unless I have enough time to say that I'm normal and pose no threat. Well I did hear of an Apple family once, from what I remember one of their family members got invited to the Grand Galloping Gala. Was her name AppleJack? Uh oh...someone's bucking on the door! I got to go! I pray that I can convince them that I'm normal!

Author's Note:

Wow my editor did an amazing job! Hay you should become an editor when you grow up. Also sorry for the formatingredients errors. When I was copying and pasting the edited content the formating got messed up. It's fixable but sorry for that lol. :pinkiehappy: