• Published 23rd Jul 2017
  • 2,578 Views, 34 Comments

What the Left Hand is Doing - SSPeanutButter



Twilight is hearing voices in her head. Or more specifically one voice, and she likes what it has to say. She just has to make sure the voice stays in her head.

  • ...
1
 34
 2,578

Lily

"-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

Twilight continued screaming, somehow managing to increase in volume without taking a breath. Sunset was forced to put her fingers in her ears to stop the sound, if only so she could here herself think.

Probably should have seen this coming.

"Twilight. Relax. I got to get to work, so text me when you can."

"-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

Good talk.

“Okay, Twilight I’m going to leave… Try breathing soon.”

“-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-“

On that note, Sunset left the still screaming Twilight and her house. As she mounted her motorcycle Twilight stopped screaming and fell silent.

Is she going to be okay?

“aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-”

Sunset put on her helmet and drove away.

She’ll be fine.


Fancy Pants could do a lot of things. He could speak five languages fluently, and another six with some hesitance. He could recite the entirety of McBeth backwards and forwards by heart, stage directions to boot. He could operate every vehicle from a golf cart to a space shuttle, and uses a helicopter as his primary mode of transportation.

Fancy Pants could not handle crowds.

He could certainly try, but attempting to please everyone at once always made him frantic beyond belief. His head would start sweating, his hands would shake, and everytime he tried to focus on one thing something else would catch his attention. His normally calm exterior crumbling under the weight of his panic.

And that is exactly how Sunset found him, desperately trying to book in as many visitors as possible, and when his eyes locked with Sunset’s, she could feel him begging her to take over.

So she did, and she was far better suited for the job than Fancy Pants.

It still took her the better part of two hours just to get all of the bookings sorted, and another hour of she and Fleur de Lis doing a check of the rooms, but they got it sorted. All that was left was to fold all the towels ready for tomorrow's room service.

The entire time she couldn’t help but think of Twilight situation.

“So… Who are you thinking about?” Came a voice from beside her ear.

Sunset yelped, dropping to the ground, as if to avoid a pouncing animal. When She looked up at who the attacking beast was, it was merely Fleur.

“Don’t sneak up on me like that Fleur.” She said gripping her chest, willing her heart to slow down. “One day, your going to give me a heart attack.”

Fleur didn’t seem worried by the prospect.

“That didn’t answer my question though, did it?” She asked with a devilish smirk. “Come ooooon, you’ve been grinning to yourself all night. That just screams juicy gossip!”

“It’s nothing like that, I just had a great time with my friends is all. I’m in a good mood.” She turned back to folding the towels and sheets, praying that Fleur was satisfied by the answer.

She was not

“Oof”

Two arms wrapped around her torso, and hoisted her into the air. Sunset flailed wildly in attempt to break free, knocking towers of neatly folded towels to the floor.

“What happened to you Sunset? You used to be such a good liar.” There was almost a hint of sadness in her voice. Only a hint, most of it was mockery. “What happened to the hardened street rat we plucked out of the alley four years ago?”

“Are you really encouraging me to lie?” She asked between fits of laughter, “Some role model you turned out to be.”

“Aww you see me as a role model? That’s so sweet!” She then started vigorously shaking Sunset. “Now spill! I want details!”

“Okay, Okay. Just put me down.” Fleur dropped her unceremoniously to the floor. Luckily, the Towels that she had been folding for the last 10 minutes broke her fall. “Now, promise me you won’t tell anyone. Not even Fancy.”

The grin Fleur had been sporting through the entire exchange vanished in an instant. In its place was the teary eyed face of a little girl who was just told that her pony had been turned into glue.

“But… But… You know he'll make me talk! He’s just so charming and handsome, I’m putty in his hands Sunset! Putty! Hands!”

Sunset pushed Fleurs hands from her face and made a gagging gesture.

“You guys are sickly, you know that?” Her face became stoic again. “But I mean it. This is serious Fleur. I need to know you won’t go sharing this around.”

Fleur placed one hand on her chest and raised the other in a three finger salute, giving herself the appearance of an overgrown girl scout.

“Ahem. I solemnly swear that I will not speak of what happens from this point until the end of this conversation to anyone, barring the possible exception of one Mr Fancy Pants. If I do fall to the charms of this man I will endeavor to make sure that he will not spread any sensitive information. Should I fail in my promise, may eagles the size of school busses swoop down and feast on my pancreas, like Prometheus who shared the secret knowledge of the gods.”

There was a brief silence between the two, one could almost hear a cricket despite their location in the city.

Haaaaa… That’s the best we’re going to get isn’t it?

“Okay, that’ll do. So, you remember Twilight right?...


Twilight woke up in the middle of the floor, and her head was killing her. Since she knew she hadn’t been drinking, there was only one explanation.

That actually happened, didn’t it?

Yep. I think it did.

And we screamed until we fainted, didn’t we?

Yep. I think we did.

And now Sunset knows about you, doesn't she?

Yep, I think she does.

So what do we do?

... Well, I can think of three options.

And they are?

We could try pretending that she was never here. Make like everything she says is make believe.

That isn’t likely to work. For one, they’ve known her longer than us, they’ll trust her word more. And two, look, our bag is here, that was probably the reason she was ere in the first place. She has evidence to prove she was here!

I know, that’s why I said that one first. It’s the least likely to work.

Then what are the others?

Well, we could go off radar. Disappear to somewhere like Marexico. Live the rest of our lives alone, just the two of us.

But I don’t want to leave! I like it here, and you do too. Even if you won’t admit it.

Then we’re left with one option.

What?

We make sure Sunset doesn’t talk.


“So now that friend that you used your horse magic to cure has a second personality living in their head?” Fleur tried to clarify.

“Yep, and by the sounds of it, she has no intention of getting rid of them any time soon.” Sunset replied in a dismissive tone.

“Isn’t that-”
*vrrt* *vrrt*

Sunset’s phone vibrated in her pocket, cutting Fleur off mid sentence.’

“Huh, speak of the devil.”

*Sunset,
Please come back as soon as possible,
I feel we need to talk out what happened earlier.
Sincerely,
Twilight Sparkle.*

“Wow, she writes texts like shes writing a letter.” Fleur said as she read over Sunset’s shoulder.

“Yeah, she’s a geek like that.” Sunset laughed. “But looks like I’ve got to go.”

“Absolutely not!” That was possibly the first time that Fleur’s had taken used an authoritarian tone against Sunset, and yes it had the desired effect. Sunset stopped in her tracks.
“You are not driving your motorcycle this late at night! It’s already the second most dangerous way to travel, right after catapults. I’ll drive you there in the limo.”

“Okay, fine. But no listening in. This is a private conversation.” This clearly wasn’t the first time Sunset had caught Fleur snooping. “If I catch you outside the door with a cup, I swear…”

“Cross my heart, hope to fly. That’s what your friend says right?” Fleur said, winking.

Sunset rolled her eyes. “Great. Let’s go.”


Sunset stood at the front door, ready to knock. The limo was now doing laps around the block, Sunset having made Fleur promise not to park outside and spy on them.

She knocked, but contrary to what she expected, the door just opened as if it wasn’t latched to begin with.

“Twilight?” She called, but she got no response. She tried to look inside, but the only light entering the house was coming through the door, as a result the room was filled with an inky void.

Well, here goes nothing.

Despite any of her doubts, she entered the building. It’s not like Twilight would hurt her, right?
The door slammed behind her, cutting off her only source of light.

“Hello, Sunset.”

Author's Note:

Is it still Christmas any where?
No?
Well, Merry Boxing Day everyone!
Have some raw, inedited What the Left Hand is Doing. 100% off!

Try to work out what part I wrote while drunk on Christmas eve.