• Published 22nd Jul 2017
  • 535 Views, 3 Comments

The Weak Flyers Chat Circle - Creativa-Artly01



When Fluttershy learns of a chat circle for weak flyers, she goes, but only with Derpy's help.

  • ...
 3
 535

Chapter 2

One week later, Fluttershy and Derpy go to another weak flyers chat circle at Flitter's place.

"I'm glad everypony came back," says Flitters as everypony takes their seats. Like last time, Fluttershy sits down right beside Derpy. "Has everypony taken the advice they shared last time and put it to use?" Everypony nods to show that indeed they did put everything into use. Flitters, smiles, pleased, and then tells everypony to share how they put the advice they were given into action.

The first to share is Blossomforth. "Doing therapy and going to the spa every two days a week really helps. My knees are getting stronger and making it easier for me to take off into the skies."

The next to share is Fluttershy. "Learning to ignore the taunts and teasing has really helped me build my confidence and take to the sky more. I'm glad that I've come to these meetings. They're really helping me improve in my flying and daily life and I couldn't be any more grateful!"

The third to share is Derpy. "Learning to ignore ponies calling me names like 'cross eyes' has really helped my confidence rise and even though I still bump into things on occasion, I don't do it all the time now. I'm no longer annoying ponies and I have your advice to thank for that." She looks at Fluttershy then at Flitter. "I have to thank all of you for that."

"Anypony else want to share?" asks Flitter. Everypony shakes their heads. "Any new concerns at all?" she asks next. "Any comments?"

"I actually have a question," speaks up Sky Stinger, "I am trying my best to build my wing strength but I still keep falling flat on my butt every time I try to take off. It's annoying. Do I throw in the towel or just keep at it since it feels like I'm getting nowhere?" He huffs and then snorts.

"Keep up the wing strengthening exercises and you'll be in the air in no time at all," replies Flitter, "you also need to learn patience and anger management. That'll also help." Sky Stinger just nods then tips back in his seat. Vapor looks at him proudly. She's glad he got that question off his chest.

The chat circle continues for another two or three hours before finally drawing to a close. Everypony then goes out for lunch together and talks a little bit more before parting ways. They're all glad they're doing the chat circle. It's definitely helping them become more confident in themselves as well as pushing them to keep up on training their wings to be stronger as well as teaching them not to give up so easily and for that, they can all agree, they couldn't be more grateful!