• Published 25th Jul 2017
  • 496 Views, 2 Comments

Half-Hoof: a Resonant Hope - Alfoals Trottenbauer



After Black Forest, Ace wakes up to a different world.

  • ...
 2
 496

VIII - Hot Pursuit

Almost as soon as Ace got out of the nightmarish town, a chopper flew toward him at a downward angle. As it chased, it dropped bombs in rows behind it into the city. Ace galloped as fast as he could.

The bombs behind him were ticking progressively faster, eventually exploding row after row. The chopper started firing it's main gun, bullets landing just behind his tail. A dilapidated structure made of scrap metal with a canister lodged in the roof was in view. Ace made for it's direction. It was closer than he expected. He dashed inside. A table stood on the wall opposite, with a suit battery and a rocket launcher. The human symbol 'Lambda' was crudely spray painted in the corner.

Ace replaced the old battery with the new one and lifted the rocket launcher with magic. He trotted outside the door and aimed the rocket launcher at the cockpit. He fired. A direct hit, the chopper drove into a tailspin, a single column of smoke rose as it came crashing to the ground. Five radios went off for reinforcements.

"Units 115, 119, 1105, 229, and 340 down at 640, requesting reinforcements." The mare's monotone voice rang.

Ace continued to gallop past the dwelling.

A whale-like noise rippled through the air.

One of the flying manta rays from Black Forest made a screeching noise as it flew much faster than he had remembered. It fired a beam that pierced his eardrums. The beam had hit the scrap hovel, sending shards of metal flying.

Ace galloped faster, adrenaline flooded his reasoning.

Ace launched a rocket at the flying monster. It screamed again, though more harsh. It fired a beam as Ace galloped past an abandoned metal flagpole.

The beam instead directed itself into the flagpole. The pole surged with energy, eventually exploding behind them. The ray was close enough to the pole that a large fragment lodged itself through it's body.

Ace continued to gallop. A city was in view.