• Published 13th Jul 2017
  • 534 Views, 11 Comments

A cheesy leader. - Black Owl



The rats of Equestria finally have a king, and his name is Rico. Rico is a gigantic rat that can walk on two legs, is immune to poison and disease and loves cheese. You know, normal rat things. And let's not forget, he's an idiot!

  • ...
2
 11
 534

Pest problem.

Author's Note:

Soooo, this took way longer than expected. Since my internet went down most of this story was written at the mall. That and I'm struggling with what to write, so that's that. I hope you'll still like this chapter. And don't forget to comment on what you liked and what you disliked about this chapter.

~Rico POV~

Rico was in a huge room, surrounded by his slaves subordinates. "Those annoying soap lovers dare to send exterminators here!?" Sitting on top of a mountain of cheese, Rico was speaking to his slaves
subordinates. "I WILL MAKE THEM PAY! PETER! SEND THE CAVALRY!" He pointed at a rat with a roman centurion helmet on his head.

The small rat saluted and rushed out of the room, going to announce the cavalry, which consisted of big rats holding lances while riding dogs. In this time, Rico continued with his racist politically correct speech. And he sounded like a racist redneck respectful individual.

Exterminator's POV

My name is Crawler Catcher, and I am a normal exterminator. I had a normal life, until one day when I was asked to go together with few other exterminators in the Canterlot sewers. I though it was a good thing because the pay was really good, however I had no idea what I was getting myself in. When we entered the sewers, the small talk that we were having disappeared. The sewers were awfully quiet, no sounds from rodents or insects.

As we walked along the sewer's tunnels, splashing sounds coming from our hoofs hitting the wet floor, small sounds could be heard. We tried to find the any rodents, however all we could find are small groups them that where just running away from us before we could do anything. The place looked weirdly clean, even through the smell was way worse than normal.

it didn't take long for us to find something that didn't run away from us, and it wasn't something good. Scratching sounds where heard around a corner, I decided to check on it, a big mistake on my part. When my eyes turned the corner I clearly saw around ten wild dogs, the weird part is that they had really big rats on their back. I quickly realized that the rats and dogs where coming after us, and they where armed with sharp pipes that seemed to be used as lances.

"RUN!" I yelled to the rest, we all tried to run. Everything was in vain though, they quickly caught up to us. My last memory that I would bring with me into the realm of the dead was a voice screaming "DIE YOU CLEAN SOAP LOVERS!"

~Rico POV~

"Jenny, get the rats that have the most intelligence and get them here. It's time to get some magic users." I said towards a smaller grey rat at my side while I was sitting on my throne made out of pipes. 'I need to upgrade the throne to one made out of silver or gold... But first, let's get some Ratlocks. Get it? Warlocks but as rats? I'm funny.' I thought as I jumped off the throne and went behind it, going for the chest situated in the wall, and a hole made by me to be exact. Opening it, I see the magical crystals that are going to be used to artificially give my slaves subordinates magic, of course weaker than mine.

These crystals where gathered from abandoned labs or from illegal ones which, surprisingly, weren't hard to steal from. Those ponies are too soft if you ask me, they get sick so easily. However, I must not make the mistake of underestimating them. That's always the thing that kills people, even if they seem extremely weak, everyone is powerful. A good example is us! No one thinks rats are that strong, but we'll show those who think of us as weak, we'll show them with their death.

My thoughts got interrupted as Peter came back and confirmed the death of the exterminators. "Good job! Another victory for us!" Then, quickly after, Jenny arrived with multiple rats. "Oh great, you are all here. Now, what I want you guys to do is eat one of those crystals each." I said as I pointed at the chest. The slaves subordinates obeyed their master king.

As they feasted on the crystals, the rats already started changing. Their size growing to the size of a dog, transforming into a more bipedal and stronger form, still weaker than me of course. Then, they spoke. "Thank you, your highness." At least they aren't that stupid anymore and can talk. "Now, take those books." I said pointing at a stack of books I got from the royal archive on magic. "And study some spells. If you are not successful in learning at least one spell, you will be given to the cats." Of course they aren't normal cats, they are two meter tall mutated cats.

The following days went on smoothly, my spies told me that the pony population was getting really nervous. Maybe I can get them to fight each other. The problem was that Celestia wanted to cast a spell to check the sewers. 'This is a problem.' I thought as I was given the information by some of my spies. 'Good thing I sent some scouts to get me an artifact. They should be here any second.' Then some rats carrying a bag appeared before me. "Have you found what I've requested?" At their nod a small grin made its way on my face. "Good, now leave the artifact here and go back to work! Also, one of you go to call for the Ratlocks to come here." The rats all bowed and left the room.

Opening the bag I could see the artifact clearly. The red on the amulet reflected what little light in the room coming from a shining yellow crystal. The amulet having a red crystal in the middle, with a figure of a black alicorn with red eyes at the top. "The alicorn amulet, hehe. " I said as I was looking over it, my laughter getting louder and louder.

After I calmed down, a rat announced that the Ratlocks arrived. "Good, call them here." The rat nodded and left. Picking up the amulet, I looked at it for a second, power emanating off of it. Then put it around my neck, a warm feeling covered my body, a red light shining from my eyes. ~More power, more...~ I could hear a voice saying in my head. "Oh no, I AM THE ONE IN CONTROL." I screamed as I released some of my power into my mind, a scream emanating from both my head and the amulet as the red light diminished. "This is MY victory, hehehe..." Then turning around, I saw that the Ratlocks have arrived and were cowering under my gaze. "Follow my lead on this spell, if you fail to keep up the pace I'll kill you myself." They all nodded while shaking. As I started the spell to nullify Celestia's search spell, the rats followed my lead. And luckily for them, we succeeded. Leaving a confused Celestia at the surface.

~Celestia's POV. Canterlot castle.~

As I tried to cast the search spell, something immediately nullified it, something that didn't happen in a long time. "How is that possible?" I mumbled under my breath. 'Something is going on in those sewers, and I don't think we can safely take care of this problem...'