• Published 24th Jun 2017
  • 305 Views, 0 Comments

Fall of the Fire Kingdom - Blaze Wings



Blaze Wings is forced to marry a Prince from the enemy kingdom to stop a war but when Blaze falls in love with another she has to make a decison that will decide the fate of both kingdoms.

  • ...
 0
 305

The kings announcement

Blaze Wings lifted her head from the soft flames of her bed and sighed in disappointment. Usually she'd wake to see her friend and be able to say goodbye but all she could see was the smokey grey sky. Blaze was only herself when she was around her friend and mother. When Blaze wasn't then she became a temperamental princess. One minute she'd singed the kings mane and the next she be happily running around the castle. She struggled to climb out of the soft flames that Blaze believed had now excepted her as one of their own. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and glared at what she saw. her mane looked as if it had never been brushed. She sighed loudly and in an irruption of flames her mane changed into the short loosely spiked hair it always was.

* * *

Blaze Wings opened the giant castle doors to the thrown room slamming them behind her. She speedily walked to her throne which was slightly smaller than her fathers. Most of the Castle's structures were made of volcanic rock with cracks where lava rose from creating puddles that only members of the royal family could withstand touching. Blaze turned to her father who was signing a document .

'Father you called?'

'Yes, I have wonderful news my dear. You are to be married to Prince Light"

Blaze stared at her father for a moment trying to keep her emotions in but they she could not hide them for much longer. Her face was turning red and the flames on her ears began to grow and finally she burst out in laughter. Her laughs were so loud the neighbouring kingdom could have heard her. The king did not seem amused.

"Ahem, this is serious Blaze you are to marry light to unite the two kingdoms so that endless years of war may end"

Blaze's laughter ceased and she brought on her serious face because she knew there was a fight coming on.

"Are you kidding me what about all there other sons there's gotta be a better looking one than him"

"They all died in mysterious circumstances"

"Oh right, he's not even a member of the royal blood line he married their daughter she died, he probably killed her and they took him in as their son "

"Do not make such wild accusations" The king raised his tone.

"whatever you do what you want but I will die before I marry Prince Light!"

Blaze stormed out the door in a huff this morning had seemed like the best of the week until her annoying father opened up his stupid mouth. She now set out to find her mother although dad denied it mum wasn't a princess before they were married. She was a local baker that brought goods to the castle gates to sell. She was very different to the citizens of Fire Empire she was teal with bright orange hair and a pattern covering her flanks. She was brightest and most bubbly person you could find in the Fire Empire

"Mother"

Her mother turned around and went in for a hug "Darling!"

"Mum I'm getting married!"

"Oh darling to whom?"

"Prince Light"

They both cringed at the mere mention of his name.

"You know I hear word of another prince that ran away maybe you could find him?"

"I shouldn't leave the castle not until I can control my fire what if I cause a bushfire that slowly starts destroying equestria?"

"Oh well?"

Blaze looked at her mum with annoyance sometimes Blaze cared more for the people outside the fire empire then the people in it. Everyone was always so angry and rude. She hoped to someday find a way to walk beyond the walls without causing anyone pain. Who knows how long that'd be but by the way things are going she might never be able to leave the Empire.

"Well I best be off I have a wedding dress to sabotage" Blaze stomped off leaving the already burnt ground even more so.

"Bye sweetie I'll see you later we can talk about baby names and wedding ideas"

Blaze turned and gave her mother a nasty look and poked her tonge at her. It was rare she and her mother talked like this. Pernaps this marriage would bring some good after all.