• Published 1st Jul 2017
  • 555 Views, 3 Comments

Harmony's Light - iml1994



When holes in reality start to show and the past comes back to haunt them, the Mane 6 will need all the power they have, maybe even more.

  • ...
 3
 555

Chapter 2

Nightmare Moon's intimidating figure eclipsed all but Celestia in size, with a voice to match. "How fun! Not only do I get to defeat my sister again and rule another Equestria, but I finally get to see the time traveler!"

"I don't understand! We defeated you!" Luna roared.

"Ah, and what's this? My own self, fighting alongside Celestia? How sweet."

Luna and the rest took a battle ready stance. "No." she said. "This is my battle. Nightmare Moon is my doing." Luna stepped closer towards the nightmare.

"You know, I think it's obvious whose going to win here. Why don't you all surrender now. And who knows, maybe if you come quietly I'll let you turn back..." Princess Luna summoned a black and green laser from her horn, and fired. She was not going to let her finish that sentence. Nightmare Moon dodged, but was given a slight scratch from the residue.

"I don't know where you came from..." Luna lunged herself at Nightmare Moon, striking her horn at the nightmare's, dueling like swords. "But I promise, this is where you will fall." Luna parried back, and made an attempt at Nightmare Moon's throat. She flew backwards to the sky.

"My my, looks like I've triggered someone. No matter, I shall deal with you first." Nightmare Moon blasted her own beam at Luna, which she dodged, leaving a smoldering spot on the carpet. Princess Luna flung herself at Nightmare Moon, spearing through the stained glass window depicting Discord's reign. The two continued their duel outside, throwing whatever magic they had at the other.

"We can't just let her do this alone!"

"I'm afraid we must, Rainbow Dash. My sister can be very stubborn at times. We can try to help, but she will still feel like Nightmare Moon is her own burden." The ponies could only watch as Nightmare Moon and Princess Luna fight an even war. Back and forth, the beams of magic flew, never really hitting. Of course, the citizens of Canterlot were surprised as well.

"Twilight, do you notice anything about this?" Starlight said to her teacher in a whisper.

"That all our biggest threats are somehow returning? Yeah, I got that.."

"No, I mean, these three specifically. First, King Sombra is an Umbra again, even though he was changed into a pony. Queen Chrysalis suddenly has her power and an army on her side, and now Nightmare Moon and Princess Luna are fighting."

"I don't understand, Starlight."

"Nightmare Moon is acting like she's only ever seen you before. And mentioned something about a time travel. You don't think..."

"Oh, sweet Celestia! All these bad guys, there from when you and I travelled to the past!" Starlight and Twilight looked uneasily at the mess they caused.

Princess Luna and Nightmare Moon fired everything they had at one another, causing the beams to clash and send the two Alicorns backwards. Princess Luna was shot back into the castle, and landed at her sister's feet.

"Luna! Please, sister, say something!" Celestia took her baby sister in hoofs, shaking her until any sign of life appeared.

"Ugh...Did, did I win?"

"I'm afraid not!" Nightmare Moon teleported into the room. "I must admit, you are a lot stronger than I was when I was like you, but even then, you're still not stronger than me!" Nightmare Moon started to charge a beam on her horn, and Princess Celestia walked forward, a look rarely ever seen to ponykind for her: rage.

Just then, a zipper appeared out of nowhere next to Nightmare Moon's head. It opened, and eagle hand popped through to tap on Nightmare Moon's left shoulder. She looked over, but then a lion paw came out with a letter, poking Nightmare Moon in the back of the head. She grabbed the letter with the magic, and the zipper, along with it's apparent inhabitants, disappeared.

Nightmare Moon examined the letter. "Ugh, what does that Draconequus want? Can't he see I'm in the middle of a battle." Fear flushed over the Mane Seven's collective faces. Nightmare Moon opened the letter. "Hmm. Sorry, looks like my plans for destroying you will have to wait. Until next time!" Nightmare Moon dissolved into the same dark smoke she appeared in, and whisked herself out the whole she and Princess Luna made.

"Di-Discord? What could he want with Nightmare Moon?" said the particularly pale Fluttershy.

"We can't jump to any conclusions. For all we know, he's luring her into a trap."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, Princess Twilight." Everypony turned their heads towards the stained glass window of the Mane Six beating Discord, who seemed to have come to life. Just then, Discord dissolved into being. "At least, I don't know what he's doing."

"Discord!" Fluttershy fluttered into her friend's paws. "You haven't turned on us too, right?"

"Oh come now, I think I deserve a little more trust from you. I learned my lesson the hard way last time."

"Ten, what were ya doin with Nightmare Moon just now?"

"Well, that's just it. That certainly was me. But not me-me.

Everypony's face had gone from flushed with fear, into utterly confused in under a minute. But, that's Discord for you.

"Okay, will somepony please explain what the heck is going on!" said Pinkie.

"Yes, how can there be two Discords, and two Princess Lunas?" asked Rarity.

"Well, why don't we ask Ms. Starlight Glimmer." Everypony was now looking at the Unicorn.

Starlight Glimmer was on the precipice of having another breakdown. This was just like when she returned to her old village, only with no Trixie to back her up. All the eyes of the most powerful ponies in the entire world, staring her down, making her feel so little...

"It's okay Starlight." The soothing words of Starlight's teacher brought her back down to Equestria. She saw the understanding look in Twilight's eyes. "None of us will be mad at you."

Starlight led out a sigh. "Okay. I think it's time I tell you." Starlight stood straight in the eyes of the two Princesses.

-Unknown Location-

"Is that Equestria?" asked Sonata. She and the other two Sirens were looking at a scratch in universe, their home on the other side.

"No, it's Springfield. Of course it's Equestria! What else could it be?"

"You don't have to be so mean, Aria."

"Both of you, please stop talking for one minute." Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk were silent, and looked at their leader, Adagio Dazzle. She was as mesmerized at the sight as their victims were of their beauty, and former singing talent. "Now, I know things haven't been great for us. No powers, no magic, had our flanks handed to us. But here's our chance! We can go back to Equestria! We can get our magic back! Now, are you guys Ready?"

The two sirens smirked, and along with Adagio, walked through the portal. "Bye-bye dumb world!" said Sonata.