• Published 31st Dec 2017
  • 2,084 Views, 12 Comments

The Enchanted Necklaces - TwilieTheFoal



Rainbow Dash finds 2 matching necklaces that she thinks will look perfect on Rarity and Applejack. But turns out, those necklaces make their wearers turn into foals.

  • ...
3
 12
 2,084

Chapter 2- The Enchantment

"ZECORA!" Rainbow Dash yelled as she hugged the Zebra.

"Ah, my dear friend Rainbow Dash. Please, do come in." Zecora said, stepping aside so that the pegasus can enter her home.

"Thanks Zecora." Rainbow Dash said as she took her 2 foalified friends off her back.

Zecora looked at the 2 foals in shock.

"What has happened to your friends? Are they under a spell? Or something much worse?"

"No. Maybe. I don't know! I came here for your help since I found the necklaces near the entrance of the Everfree Forest."

"Well, maybe I can help. I just need to know the right thing to cure the spell."

Dash nodded and scooted Rarity and Applejack over to the zebra. She then bent down and looked at their necklaces carefully, before moving to one of her bookshelves, rummaging through it until she found the book she was looking for. She then placed the book on her table.

The book was a dark green color. The title was 'Enchanted Objects and Cursed Clothing'. She then opened the book fast, revealing old and musty pages as she soared through them. She finally stopped when she saw the picture of the necklaces that Rarity and Applejack wore.

"What is it Zecora? What curse are the necklaces under? And how do we fix it?" Dash asked impatiently, she really wanted an answer.

"Looks like your 2 friends bear the 'Enchanted Necklaces' around their necks. Where the wearers turn into a foal version of themselves."

"Ok! How do we fix it!"

"To fix it you must treat them like foals. Then, at the end of the day, if they are happy, then they turn back into adults. But, if you do not make this come true, they will be trapped in their tiny bodies forever! And it will all be thanks to you." Zecora said, finally rhyming.

"It will be because of me! So, I just need to be their mom and make them happy until the day is over, and then they will become normal again?"

"Yes. That is correct. But you have to hurry, time is running out as we speak."

Rarity and Applejack burst into tears.

"Maybe they are crying because of their hunger for food?" Zecora suggested.

"Oh, right! It's still morning, and morning is breakfast time!"

After that, Rainbow Dash picked up the 2 crying foals and lifted them onto her back, her wings protecting them. She then hovered over the ground, her wings flapping lightly.

"Thanks Zecora! You know, you make so much more sense when you don't talk in rhyme all the time." Dash said, noticing that Zecora rhymed only once, though it was a horrible rhyme.

Zecora didn't reply to Dash's comment as she opened her hut's door for Dash. Dash then flew out of the hut and into the forest.


Rainbow Dash and the 2 foals were now in Twilight's Castle. The reason why she had come here is because it'd be pretty hard for 2 non-pegasus foals to play around in a house entirely made of clouds, and it'd be hard to explain the situation to Sweetie Belle and Apple bloom. So, she figured that the safest place would be here since Starlight, Twilight and Spike went to the Crystal Empire, meaning nopony was around to see her 2 foalified friends.

Rainbow Dash was about to set them down when she realized she needed foal supplies. So, she and her 2 small passengers, flew out of the castle and into a local foal shop. The foal shop was called 'Foal Clothes and More!'.

Rainbow Dash landed in the store carefully, and grabbed a light blue cart, placing Applejack and Rarity in the foals seat that carts usually have. She then raced towards the aisle that was stocked with the first thing on her mind, Diapers. The 2 foals laughed and giggled as Rainbow raced to aisle 4.

When the arrived in aisle 4, all Dash could see were packs of diapers. She looked at one of the shelves. Some diapers on the shelf were thick and bulky, giving a lot of playtime to foals who don't want to be stopped for a diaper change during their favorite playtime activities. Then, some were the regular diapers that the Cakes buy their twins. And some were night time diapers for foals or fillies that needed protection during sleep. All of the were disposable diapers, while on the other shelf, was stocked with nothing but cloth diapers and cloth diaper covers. Rainbow Dash was so enthralled in her task that she didn't notice a clerk pony calling her. But, she soon did when she heard the store clerk yell at the top of her lungs, making her 2 foal friends cry.

"Huh! Oh, didn't see you there." Rainbow said to the clerk pony, turning around to face her. She then took notice of her little foals crying.

"Shhh, shhh. No need to cry, your mommy Rainbow Dash is right here." Rainbow assured the 2 crying foals. Making them cry less.

"Sorry, didn't mean to make your foals cry. I was just trying to get your attention." The clerk pony said. Feeling a bit bad.

The clerk pony was a tall, thin, unicorn mare. Her coat was a grayish pink. Her eyes are bright blue. And her mane and tail were tied in a fancy, magenta and red, bun. Her cutie mark was a picture of 2 peppermints (1 green, and 1 red), with a snow white swirl underneath.

"My name is Peppermint Swirls. I was just wondering if you want any help." Peppermint said.

"Oh. I'm Rainbow Dash. Sorry I was ignoring you. I was just trying to decide which diapers to buy." Dash replied, apologizing to the mare.

"Oh. That's alright. Anyways, do you need help with anything?" Peppermint asked.

"I was wondering. Which brand of diapers would you recommend to a pony like me?" Dash asked.

"Well. It depends what you're looking for."

"I was looking for something thick so that they could play more. But, I don't want them to be limited to their movements because they're too thick." Dash explained.

"Ah. Well, then I would suggest 'Pampers Playtime Cruisers'. They're thick, yet not too thick. And they are designed for longer playtime's. And they are very absorbent, so they won't have to worry about staying dry. " Peppermint explained, levitated the package with her pink magic, it had about 50 diapers in it.

"These are perfect! Thanks." Dash said, taking the bulky packaging from Peppermint's pink aura. Placing them in the cart.

"You're very welcome. If you need anymore help, just call me and i'll help."

"I will."

Dash then waved to Peppermint Swirls before picking up a bottle of foal powder and a package of foal wipes and rash cream, placing each item in her cart. She then moved to another aisle. This aisle had shelves filled with pacifiers and bottles. Dash smiled, as she went over to the pacifier shelf. She saw so many pacifiers but 2 caught her eyes. One was bright green with small red apple prints on it, perfect for Applejack. The other one was a regal purple with small blue diamond prints on it, perfect for Rarity. Dash then took them off the shelf and placed them in the cart. She then turned to the other shelf in the aisle and looked in it, the shelf was full of nothing but foal bottles.

The foal bottles were all different sizes, and designed differently. Then, while she was was looking she saw 2, perfect sized bottles. The first bottle's design was a splash of purple then, a big blue diamond on top of the purple splash. The second bottle's design was a splash of green with a big red apple on top of the green splash. She instantly picked them up and placed them in the cart.

She pushed the cart into the next aisle, where each shelf was stocked with toys. Dash grabbed some wooden blocks and a few stuffed toys like teddy bears and dinosaurs. As she was about to leave the aisle her eyes caught a stuffed apple tree with small apples made out of fabric, and a big, stuffed blue diamond. She stuck those in her cart and then headed towards the next aisle which was stocked with wipes, foal powder, and rash cream. Dash grabbed each item and threw them in the cart. She then headed to the clothing aisle.

Rainbow Dash walked through the aisle to buy some 'play clothes', you know, for dress up. She took a frilly, pink princess dress, a wand, and a beautiful princess tiara. She took a cowgirl outfit off the shelf, she also took a little lasso and cowgirl boots, and a cowgirl hat. And she also took a pirate outfit, which came with an eye patch, off the rack. And finally, a Wonderbolt costume that also came with their signature goggles. But, before Dash took one she noticed that each one actually had each member's name on the back. Rainbow Dash got the one that had 'Spitfire' written on the back. She then went to the other shelf to pick out 2 onesies.

Rainbow Dash was searching the onesies using her hooves, but she stopped when she felt something very soft. Rainbow Dash looked and saw a lime green onesie with patterns of apples. She then noticed a light, lavender colored onesie which was made of the same material as the lime green one. On the lavender onesie were patterned with dark purple gems all shapes and sizes and large blue diamonds. Rainbow Dash took both onesies and placed them in her cart. Rainbow Dash then walked out of the clothing aisle and into the last aisle she needed to go in, which was an aisle that had shelves full of bath toys, shampoo, body wash, and bubble bath.

Rainbow Dash walked down the aisle and took a look at all the bottles of shampoo and took one off the shelf. The bottle was light pink and had a picture of a lilac on the front of the bottle. Underneath it read 'Soft Lilac Petals'. Rainbow Dash smelled the top, and it smelled really relaxing, and she needs her 2 foals to relax, after all, if they don't have a good time, than they will be trapped as foals forever, and they will blame her. So, Rainbow Dash grabbed the bottle. She then looked for bubble bath, foals love bubble bath's after all. She looked until she saw a tall, lavender bottle that had a picture of grapes on the front. Underneath it read 'Scented with REAL Grapes'. Rainbow Dash smelled the bottle and smiled, a candy grape smell entering her nostrils. She placed both bottles in the cart and then walked out of the aisle and to the front where the cashier was.

Rainbow Dash unloaded her findings out of the blue cart and onto the table of the cashier. The cashier, a young cappuccino-brown, earth mare with cocoa brown eyes and a chestnut-brown, straight, mane and tail, scanned each item, asking Dash if she wanted bags, Dash answered her with a nod, and each item the mare scanned, went into a bag. After her items were done being scanned and put into bags, the mare told her how much it would cost. Dash giving the amount of bits that was needed to the cashier, receiving a receipt in return. Dash placed her receipt in one of the store's bags and then took the bags in her hooves. She was about to take off when she remembered that she still had Applejack and Rarity in the seat. She quickly placed them on her back and then realized something. She forgot the foal carrier.

"Umm, is it ok if I go and grab one more item?" Dash asked the mare.

"Yes of course." The mare answered.

Rainbow Dash flew to the aisle that had the carriers, Dash taking a lavender carrier that can hold two foals, one on each side. She then flew back to the cashier and paid 10 bits for it.

"Umm, I don't want it in a bag, I want it on my back." Dash informed the mare, who quickly took the carrier out of the bag.

"Sure. Would you like some help with that?" Asked the mare.

"Yes please." Dash responded turning her back to the mare so that she could place the carrier there.

The mare first took the 2 foals off of Dash's back. Then she took the lavender carrier and strategically placed it on Rainbow's back, placing the 2 foals inside. Applejack on the left and Rarity on the right.

"There you go."

"Thanks Ms- uh, hey, I never asked you you're name. My name's Rainbow Dash."

"Oh. I'm Cocoa Cream."

"Thanks Ms Cream."

"You're welcome Ms Dash."

After that, Dash flew out of the store and into Twilight's castle.

Author's Note:

Sorry About Zecora! I obviously can't rhyme! :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::twilightblush: