• Published 30th May 2017
  • 473 Views, 0 Comments

A True Friend - blackblood

  • ...
 0
 473

True Friends

Fluttershy strolled down her school courtyard, with a grin on her face. Today was going to be a good day. Today was going to be the day the bullies would leave her alone. Today was going to be the day she was going to be popular.

"HEY FLUTTERCLUTZ!"

Apparently, that day was not today. Fluttershy looked behind her to reveal the two bullies who have been tormenting her every day at school.

"What do you want Cloudchaser?" Fluttershy asked, her gaze falling to the ground.

"You know only good fliers are allowed to smile! They are allowed to smile because they have something to be proud of, but there is nothing for you to be proud of!" Cloudchaser said, yelling in Fluttershy's face causing her to shrink back in fear.

"Um, can you please get back, you are kind of in my personal space," Fluttershy asked tears beginning to form in her eyes.

Cloudchaser ignored Fluttershy's response and got even closer to her face.

"Are your parents proud of you Fluttershy? Are they proud that they raised a failure that cannot fly or pass any flying exams? Are they proud that the best thing their daughter can do is cry her eyes out and have someone else help her every time?" Cloudchaser said, his friends snickering behind him.

Fluttershy began to weep at this, knowing well that this was true. She was a failure. She couldn't fly or pass any flying exams. The best thing she could do against bullies was crying her eyes out until Rainbow Dash came and stick up for her.

Fluttershy stood up and began to fly, tears streaming down her face. She fell down to the ground after traveling a few yards and began to run away.

"See dude I told you! She's the Pegasus that will never learn to fly. Fluttershy the Pegasus that will never learn to fly!" Cloudchaser shouted causing his buddies to laugh at this.

Fluttershy however, did not hear the remark as she continued to sob while walking in a blind, direction. Why did she have to be such a failure at flying? Even though she knew that her parents would never be disappointed by her poor flying, she couldn't help but think that her parents would be disappointed in her. Fluttershy continued to walk before hearing a crinkle under one of her hoofs. Fluttershy immediately removed her hoof from the spot she heard the sound, which revealed a sheet of paper with some writing. Wiping the tears from her face, Fluttershy picked up the letter and read it aloud.

Fluttershy,

Never give up on yourself.
Just believe in yourself.

-A Friend.

Fluttershy's eyes widened at this as more tears emerged in her eyes, not tears of sadness but of happiness, a small smile began to emerge on her face. Finally, somepony believed that she was not a failure, a disappointment to her parents, and most importantly, a disappointment to herself. Standing up, with a huge grin on her face jumped up and flew away. But before she left she turned around and picked up the note.

"Whoever wrote this letter, thank you so much for your support! I will never forget this!" Fluttershy said, flying into the school of Cloudsdale.

Sitting on top of a cloud sat Rainbow Dash a grin of kindness on her face as she watched Fluttershy fly back into school.

You are welcome...

END OF CHAPTER 1