• Published 3rd Dec 2011
  • 10,626 Views, 417 Comments

The 63 files - punisher143



This will be a series of romantic drabbles based around one concept: take a pairing, apply rule 63 t

  • ...
15
 417
 10,626

An OctaScratch Quickie

Octavia made her way off the tram and toward Vinyl’s apartment. It had been a couple of days since Vinyl moved back in so Octavia wanted to make sure he was doing alright. It’s a good thing she remembered where his apartment was, given she had only been there a couple of times. Soon enough, Octavia had found the building and made her way up to Vinyl’s door and knocked on it.

“The door’s open,” Vinyl called so Octavia opened the door and walked inside to find Vinyl lounging on a couch. He looked up and grinned widely at Octavia, a set of purple goggles covering his eyes.

“Hey ‘Tavi, what bring you here?” he asked. Octavia walked over to the couch and sat on it.

“I wanted to see how you were settling back in here. And well, I wanted to see you anyway,” Octavia said blushing lightly. Vinyl pulled Octavia into a hug, which she returned.

“That’s nice of you ‘Tavi. As you can see, I’m doing fairly well. No more moss, so that’s good.”

“Yes, that is good,” Octavia said and started pulling Vinyl’s goggles down. “Did you ever find out where- OH MY GOD!”

“What?”

“Your eyes are a different color!” Octavia shouted and pointed at Vinyl.

“They are?”

“Yeah, see?” Octavia pulled out a hoof held mirror and held it up to Vinyl, who saw that his eyes were now magenta.

“OH MY GOD!” he shouted wide eyed.

“OH MY GOD!” Octavia shouted.

“OH MY GOD!”

"OH MY GOD!"

"OH MY GOD!"

"OH MY GOD!"

"OH MY GOD!"

“How did this happen?”

“I don’t know, I can’t remember!”

“Well what did you do last?”

“I was just relaxing after the royal wedding a few days ago.”

“And that somehow- wait,” Octavia lowered the mirror and looked into Vinyl’s eyes, “what royal wedding?”

“The one between Shining Armor and Princess Cadence,” Vinyl said, all trace of panic gone from his voice.

“And what do you mean ‘relaxing’?”

“I was the DJ for the reception there.”

“…You went to the royal wedding.”

“Yeah, a friend of mine was in charge of the reception and she asked me if I would like to DJ for the reception and I was like ‘alright’. So I went and did my thing and came right back. It was pretty fun.” Octavia stared at him in some weird mixture of disbelief and anger.

“And you didn’t invite me why?”

“I didn’t know how you liked weddings. Celestia knows I didn’t go to the wedding itself. I heard things got pretty crazy though.”

“How?”

“I don’t know, some kind of alien invasion or something. I was asleep for most of the day though, so who knows.”

“Huh, I’m not so sure I wanted to go now.”

“Eh.” The two ponies were silent for another moment until Octavia looked at Vinyl’s eyes.

“OH MY GOD, YOUR EYES ARE A DIFFERENT COLOR!” she yelled.

“They are?” Octavia held the mirror back up and Vinyl proceeded to scream in horror followed by Octavia. In the resulting confusion Octavia dropped the mirror somewhere and started hugging Vinyl. After a few more moments, Vinyl suddenly stopped screaming and asked, “Hey you want to get some lunch?”

“Yes actually, I am kind of hungry,” Octavia replied as she let go of Vinyl and hopped off the couch. Vinyl replaced his goggles and followed Octavia.

“Where do you want to go?”

“As long as it’s not some dive bar I don’t care.”

“In that case I know this awesome deli not too far away, they have great sandwiches.” Vinyl opened the door for Octavia and followed behind once she was through.

“That sounds nice.”


The couple walked down the streets of Manehattan enjoying the sunny day. Every now and then Vinyl would bump into Octavia just to see her jump a little.

“Nice day out huh?” Vinyl asked.

“Yes it is. Sometimes I wish I had your coat color, I get really hot on days like this.” She was brought to a sudden stop when Vinyl quickly turned and smiled at her.

“Oh really? I can think of a couple ways to cool off in that case,” he said. Octavia blushed deeply and knocked Vinyl out of the way.

“Be silent! You shouldn’t talk about such things in public!” she said in shock. Vinyl gave Octavia a confused look.

“What are you talking about? I meant just hanging out in your house and just chill out for a while, unless you’re more the outdoorsy type.”

“Well, I do enjoy lying in the sunshine. Still, ponies might take what you say the wrong way.” Vinyl’s ears perked up and his smile widened further.

“Well ‘Tavi, if you’re a good girl we’ll see what happens,” he said and laughed, which earned him a kick to the leg. He flinched from the pain and let out a small chuckle before saying, “Totally worth it.”

“So, where is this deli?” Octavia asked looking everywhere but at Vinyl.

“It’s right over there,” he replied and pointed to a building. They walked inside, Vinyl with a minor limp, and placed their orders. “Can you go get a booth or something ‘Tavi? I’ll be over in a sec.”

“Alright,” Octavia answered and walked away. As she sat down, a thought struck her that she was really worried about something. She couldn’t quite place it though, so she spent a while thinking it over until Vinyl placed a sandwich in front of her.

“Something on your mind ‘Tavi?” Vinyl asked and took a bite of his own sandwich.

“Yes, but I can’t remember what it was. It seemed important at the time,” Octavia replied and took a bite of her own sandwich. “This is really good.”

“I told ya, it must be the ranch dressing or something. This place only opened about a week ago too, so that makes this really incredible.”

“Really?” Octavia asked and Vinyl gave her a small nod. The lunch continued without incident until Vinyl lifted his goggles to rub his eyes.

“Why are my eyes so itchy?” he asked. Octavia looked up and her eyes widened in surprise.

“OH MY GOD!”

“What?”

“Your eyes are a different color!”

“They are?” Vinyl got up and walked to the bathroom. Octavia blinked a couple times and put a hoof to her chin.

“I’ll freak out about this after lunch,” she said with a nod and continued eating. Vinyl came out a couple seconds later and sat down.

“My eyes are a different color,” he said emotionlessly.

“We’ll worry about that later. We don’t want to spoil our lunch right?” Octavia asked.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought too. Besides, I already took care of the freak out for the moment in the bathroom.”


“OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!” Vinyl said while he looked at himself in the mirror.


Once Octavia and Vinyl finished their lunch and walked out of the deli, Vinyl turned to Octavia and asked, “So, what did you want to freak out about?”

“I can’t remember,” Octavia said and rubbed her forehead.

“Eh, it must not have been important. You coming back to my place or…?”

“Yes I will. Maybe I’ll remember what it is on the way there,” Octavia said and led the way back to Vinyl’s apartment. Vinyl did that bumping thing as they walked, each one lasting longer than the last one. “Why are you doing that?”

“No reason,” Vinyl said as they stopped at an intersection. “You know, I think that thing you were talking about had something to do with my eyes.”

“Yes that does ring a bell, but why?”

“I don’t know, is something wrong with them?” Vinyl asked and lifted the lenses of his goggles.

“OH MY GOD!” Octavia yelled.

“What?” Octavia turned Vinyl to a conveniently placed mirror and they both screamed at the sight of Vinyl’s eyes. They ran across the street screaming as a cross eyed pegasus watched them from behind the mirror.

“Jeez, what’s their problem?” she asked and lifted the mirror up to a window.


“Alright, I think we’re safe now,” Vinyl said. He and Octavia were lying on his couch breathing heavily from the run.

“Yes, I think so,” Octavia said back, “what were we running from again?”

“I don’t know,” Vinyl said and lifted his goggles off his head. Octavia blinked a couple of times at Vinyl’s eyes and scooted toward him a little.

“You know, now that I look at them, they suit you very well.”

“What?”

“Your eyes,” Octavia said and hugged Vinyl’s neck, “I could just stare into them all day.” Vinyl chuckled and hugged Octavia.

“Yeah, you said that before,” he said.

“I could have sworn they were a different color though.”

“Like what?” Vinyl asked. Octavia smiled and took off her bowtie, tossing it onto the table with Vinyl’s goggles.

“Who cares.” She said and pushed Vinyl down onto the couch. Before Vinyl could say anything Octavia lay down on him and kissed him deeply. Vinyl returned it with an equal fervor and lightly poked Octavia’s lips with his tongue. Octavia didn’t waste any time and stuck her tongue into Vinyl’s mouth and started to wrestle with his tongue. After a minute of making out Vinyl tapped Octavia on the side, which signaled her to stop for a moment.

“Does that lunch count as a first date?” Vinyl asked.

“No,” Octavia simply answered.

“Ok, I just wanted to make sure,” Vinyl said and pulled Octavia into another kiss.


Red or Magenta, I'm sure we can all agree Vinyl's eyes are still incredibly hypnotizing.

Also some parts might have been inspired by this. Just so you know.