• Published 2nd Jun 2017
  • 396 Views, 7 Comments

Balloon Bouquets - BubblegumBeats



Nopony gets the beauty of the balloon. You can shape them into anything, say something without speaking. You can work with foals, it doesn't mean you're any less important than anypony else. My name's Twisty Pop, and this is my love life.

  • ...
 7
 396

Chapter 2

Finally, my shift was done. It was time to see Rarity.

Of course, though, I couldn't show up empty hooved! I needed to get her a gift of some sort. What kind of stuff pleases ladies? How would I know? Hm...

My little sister always liked it when I gave her a balloon sword, but I don't think Rarity would like that very much.

I know that her friend, Pinkie Pie (who buys balloons from me for her parties) likes cakes and parties, but Rarity probably wouldn't like that very much either.

Rarity is a lady. She needs a gift suited for a sophisticated pony, something she'd admire forever and ever. But what?

I sighed and sat down on the rim of the fountain. The weather for the day was sunny, maybe I could get her a sunhat and ask her to take a walk with me? But I was still in uniform, whoops. I'd need to take a trip home to change. After I thought of a gift for her.

Flowers would be nice, but where would I get any nice ones on such short notice? One cannot just pick a flower off the road and claim that it's nice, ponies stomp all over them, like weeds! I'd need something romantic and sweet, just like Rarity. Or, I suppose I could send her a balloon bouquet, but that would probably be a little juvenile.

What would Rarity appreciate? Dresses? I can't sew, and she's the best designer there is...I could always ask her yellow ex-model friend for help, right? I thought I saw her sewing once? I could be wrong.

What I needed, what I really, really needed, was a bouquet of exotic flowers. That I'm certain she'd appreciate. But what kind?

There had to be a book on exotic flowers, right? Maybe in Princess Twilight Sparkle's castle? Of course! And I'm sure the Princess would let me borrow a book if I asked - especially considering the fact that Rarity is one of her best friends...

Wouldn't hurt asking, right?

I sprung up from the fountain's edge, and galloped through the streets. The castle was pretty big, I'd be able to find it easy.
Hopefully, Princess Twilight would be home...