• Published 23rd Jun 2017
  • 7,318 Views, 81 Comments

The Blue Blur - MetalJrock



Sonic the Hedgehog finds himself on another world and has to defeat Eggman once again.

  • ...
6
 81
 7,318

What I'm Made Of

The Tornado landed right on the town placed on the side of the mountain right near the train station. The first to hop off was Tails, hiding the Miles Electric in the white furs of his tails. "What happened here?" asked Twilight from behind.

"Eggman. He isn't wasting time." Tails pointed out.

Rarity bit her lip, overlooking the large amount of robots flying and roaming, "Whatever shall we do?"

"Knuckles and the others should be here soon. I'll go ahead to find Sonic and Rainbow Dash while you go where the Elements of Harmony are located." he raised his glove for a moment and pressed a button on a watch strapped to his wrist. Suddenly, a red arm cannon took form over Tails' hand, and he placed his free hand on the barrel of the mysterious weapon.

Twilight blinked, "W-What is that?"

Looking at the alicorn, "This? This is my Energy Ball Blaster. It was my main form of combat for a while. With it, I'll be even more prepared for Eggman's assault. Now go find the Elements while I hold off the robots here."

"Hold on, I wanna come too." Spike said.

"Oh dear, but Spike, have you seen the terror Eggman has wrought?" Rarity told the dragon.

The dragon looked at the fox, "Yeah, but I wanna help Tails fight these robots. I don't think he'd want to do this alone anyway." Tails smiled at that.

"I'll make sure he's safe, Twilight." Tails assured, "In fact..." he removed the cannon from his arm and placed it on Spike, who looked at the weapon in awe, "Now he's even more prepared for this. Plus, his fire and scales will make a good match against Eggman's robots."

Twilight put a hoof to her mouth, "O-Okay... If you find Applejack, Pinkie, and Fluttershy, tell them we're in the vault."

"Do be careful you two." Rarity warned.

The two ponies ran off, leaving Tails and Spike to fend on their own. The dragon asked, "Are you sure you don't need this, Tails? I mean, I can always use my flames and claws or whatever to fight."

The fox shook his head, "Don't worry, Spike. If you saw Sonic in action, I've pretty much learned everything he did, and I ever used that weapon a few times." he looked to the Tornado, "Plus, I may have a secret weapon if things get worse. Now come on, we gotta find Sonic and Rainbow Dash."


Sonic chuckled at the blue robot that glared at him menacingly, "So, I guess you're up for another beatdown. I wasn't expectin' this rematch, Metal!"

"What? So, Eggman's been hidin' up there like a coward this whole time!?" Rainbow groaned.

"Eggman has those moments." Sonic replied. "And I actually forgot Metal could do that."

"What can this machine do?" Luna asked.

The hedgehog kicked the ground, "He was built to be my equal in speed and can copy data from any living thing or something. He mentioned copying alicorn and pegasus data, i'm not honestly sure what that means." he admitted,

Metal Sonic didn't say anything and stretched his limbs out, suddenly two electric beams shot out of his metal fingers, catching Sonic offguard and shocking him. Sonic got to a knee, "W-What the heck? You haven't done that before... Oh, I see."

The jet on Metal Sonic's back activated, a flame burning. He flew into the air and hovered towards Rainbow Dash, directing his elbow towards her face, it colliding. "Ah!" screamed the pegasus, floating back for a moment before getting her bearings. "What the hay?! He just dashed forward like it was nothing!"

"He copied our magic and your speed, Rainbow Dash." Celestia realized. She stood in front of Sonic and shot a volt of magic towards the blue robot, who smacked it aside with ease, his hand glowing dark purple in the process. "He has strange potential for a metal being."

Sonic inhaled, "Oh, you have no idea, Your Highness. This bucket of bolts just doesn't know when to quit. At least he didn't turn into that Metal Overlord junk again. Now that was pretty stupid. But with magic or whatever, this could be a lot trickier than I thought." he said, pushing himself to stand. Metal Sonic landed on the ground, his feet clanging on the stone surface as he did.

"Then we must combine our forces to overwhelm him." Luna decided.

The hedgehog smirked, "I like that plan. Let's show this creep the real superpower of teamwork!"

Rainbow blinked, "Did you just say that?"

"It's cheesy, I know." Sonic admitted.

He, Rainbow Dash, Celestia and Luna stood next to each other, the four of them glaring at the blue robot with ferocity. Metal charged first after the heroes, his upgrades allowing him a better sense of flight. Rainbow flew in after him, but the robot calculated this and spun his body vertically, driving his knee to the pegasus's chin. But Rainbow caught her bearings and pushed both of her hooves upon the robot, shoving Metal down on the floor. "I think he could track my moves!" she said, "I guess I gotta do things differently!" she flew around, a rainbow trail following her body. Metal pushed himself upwards and intended to chase after the pegasus with great speed.

But Celestia used her magic to hold Metal Sonic in an aura, slowing his ascent down, "It seems you are still affected by some spells." she said, "Now, do not hurt any of our subjects." Metal shook his head and raised a hand, it glowing purple again and it shattered the field. Once that was done, Metal charged after Celestia, but Rainbow Dash came down with him and knocked him in the back of the head, "Thank you for that, Rainbow Dash."

Rainbow saluted, kicking the robot back down on the floor before taking to the skies once more. Metal stood up, but was greeted by a magic beam shot by Luna, "Halt! Foul creature! This is where your destruction ends!" she snarled. Metal crossed his arms, a black shield covering his entire body, "What is this sorcery?!"

Sonic revved a Spin-Dash and zoomed after Metal Sonic, his ball for, bouncing off Metal Sonic in the process, causing him to uncurl, "Woah. That shield is a lot stronger than I remember!" he noticed, flipping so that he landed on his feet. Metal removed the shield and lunged after Sonic, his entire body covered in electricity. Sonic saw the attack coming and dodged, where Luna landed a shot on him once his guard was down for the moment, "Nice aim, Princess!" he complimented, "I guess Metal forgot the record when its to us winning and him losing." he quipped, dusting his arm from any loose dirt.

"Do not lose focus, Sonic!" Celestia warned, noticing Metal Sonic coming back once again. The robot dashed after Celestia, who raised her head, her horn glowing so she erected a forcefield that mamaged to knock Metal Sonic back once he collided with it. Metal Sonic fell on his back and seemingly vanished before suddenly reappearing behind Celestia, kicking her so that she fell on her face.

"Sister!" Luna shouted.

Celestia spat some stones out of her mouth as she raised her head, "I am fine, Luna."

"Chaos Control..." Sonic snarled. Metal glared at his old rival and shot some dark purple electric orbs at Sonic and Rainbow Dash. The hedgehog watched as Metal flicked a wrist and the orbs came after the two of them and surrounded them. Luckily, Luna teleported in between the two and shielded them from the electricity. She sighed in relief, her horn's aura fading. "Alright, Metal. Looks like we gotta do this the even harder way!"

Rainbow Dash smirked upon hearing that and seeing Metal come towards them. "Teleporting's pretty unfair against us." she admitted, "But we're way faster."

"Agreed." Sonic nodded, "This bot thinks he's any different from the usual Badniks. And this time is no different."

Rainbow slammed her hooves together and flew in after Metal Sonic. The robot dashed past her and went after Sonic, kneeing him in the chest, knocking the wind out of him. "Agh!" gagged the hedgehog, his body flying backwards. The blue blur watched as the pegasus swerved around and intended to knock him down. But Metal noticed and held her tail, spinning her aside. Sonic grunted as he panted for air. "R-Rainbow..." he gasped, catching her hoof with a hand, halting her forced launch, "You alright?"

"Yeah, I guess so." sighed Dash, dusing her body off. "This metal creep is a lot tougher than I gave him credit for." her wings flared by her sides, ready for another round. She dashed forward again and ascended, with Metal chasing her. "But I think I have something that can shred this robot to pieces."

Realizing he had to do something, Sonic zipped to Luna and pointed to the sky. "Princess... I know you're worried about Celestia... But can you throw me up to where Metal's flying? It's about time I dished out a good old Spin-Dash special!"

Luna nodded, "Very well, Sonic."

And so, surrounding the hedgehog in a darkblue hue, the Princess of the Moon threw Sonic into the air, where he landed a powerful blow to Metal Sonic's chest with a well-timed Homing Attack, knocking the robot off of his flight course. The blue robot began to fall, meanwhile Rainbow Dash began to fly faster, which surprised Sonic. "Woah." he blurted out, trying to make a perfect landing.

Rainbow Dash flew faster, nearing Metal Sonic. Her face began to get pulled back by the sheer force of the wind blowing on her face. But she didn't stop, her wings flapping faster. Suddenly, an explosion occurred and a circular rainbow appeared behind Rainbow as she dashed downward faster than Sonic expected. Metal Sonic attempted to use his magic field to deflect the attack, but it only hindered the damage made from Rainbow Dash driving her hooves down on the robot before she swerved back upward, slowing down at last.

"Awesome!" shouted Sonic, flipping back on his feet as Metal Sonic tumbled on the ground, the shield phasing in and out, sparks began to fly out of his body as he staggered around. "Look at that, Metal, you look like you're past expiration." he cracked his knuckles, "I guess it's about time we ended this."

The hedgehog leaned back from a punch when Metal teleported, causing the hedgehog to take hold of his arm, throwing him aside and slamming his body down with a charged Spin-Dash. Metal Sonic countered and kicked Sonic off of his body, where the hero tasted the stone floor. Sonic growled and chuckled, seeing the robot ready another "magic" attack to destroy the hedgehog.

Metal Sonic merely raised his arms and shot out more electric energy from his palms, aiming them towards Sonic. The hedgehog skidded to dodge them and notice the sparks growing with each attack Metal Sonic dished out, "Aw, you seem tired, Metal. How about I put you to sleep...?" he smirked, noticing the robot falter once again in a failed attempt to create his forcefield, "...In the scrap heap where you belong!" he revved his feet with a Super Peel-Out and ran forward, spinning his body so that he could deliver a kick powerful enough to send the short-circuiting Metal Sonic flying in the air, where he finally exploded upon taking another midair punch from Rainbow Dash.

Once the explosion ended, Metal's broken body fell from the sky as Rainbow landed, Sonic bumping her hoof with a fist, "That was tight! What did you do up there?" he knelt down and held Metal Sonic's destroyed head and glared at it.

"My totally awesome Sonic Rainboom!" Rainbow bragged. "Yeah, I know, it's cool."

Sonic smiled, "That much I can agree with."

Celestia and Luna looked at the hedgehog, then back to the other robots, "Even though Metal Sonic is destroyed, we still have the matter of Eggman's other robots."

"Sonic?"

Said hedgehog smiled, turning around and spotting Tails and Spike, who looked a little exhausted, "Yo, Tails. Spike. Glad to see the two of you made it. Where are Twilight and Rarity?"

Tails inhaled, "Getting the Elements of Harmony. Sorry it took us so long, we had to destroy some more of Eggman's robots on the way to find you." he apologized.

"No apology needed, bro. And it seems Spike's getting in on the action." Sonic chuckled.

Spike nodded, "Yeah! This stuff is so cool!"

Celestia pursed her lip, "This is one of your friends, I presume, Sonic?" she asked.

"Yep! Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, meet my best friend and best genius I know, Tails." Sonic introduced. Tails politely bowed.

"No need for formal introductions, Tails." Celestia assured, "It is better to know there are more people fighting Eggman."

Tails rubbed the back of his head, "Thank you, Your Highness. We have a plan for when the Elements of Harmony are used once Knuckles, Applejack, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie arrive."

"And what would that be?" Luna asked.

"I have a plane, the Tornado, and once the Chaos field is worn off, Knuckles, Sonic and I will use the power of the Chaos Emeralds to take us back home before Eggman can do anymore damage to this world." Tails revealed.

"I see." Celestia replied.

Rainbow flapped her wings, "Then I gotta go meet the others! Kick a bot in the flank for me!"

"You got it, Dash!" Sonic said back as the pegasus flew away. He saw more Badniks popping out of the woodworks, all focusing their attention to the heroes. Spike held his arm cannon out, Sonic crouched, Tails was ready to spin his namesakes while the Princesses lit their horns, ready to defend.


The train finally stopped at Canterlot, where Knuckles, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy walked out and saw the Egg Carrier and the many robots. Fluttershy gasped, "Oh no!"

"Seems Eggman's already up to no good while we were gettin' here. Darn it!" Applejack growled.

Knuckles folded his arms, "I know it seems bad, but the three of you need to get the Elements of Harmony with the others if we want to end this. I'll meet up with Sonic and Tails to hold off these buckets of bolts." he decided, gesturing for the ponies yo go as fast as they could. The ponies all glanced at him before slowly walking away.

"Okie dokie, Knux!" Pinkie said, following Applejack next to Pinkie Pie.

Author's Note:

Random Sonic Fun Fact: Metal Sonic has gone through many different forms, variants and transformations throughout the years: Silver Sonic, Mecha Sonic, Metal Sonic Kai, Neo Metal Sonic, Metal Sonic 3.0, Metal Madness/Overlord and Rocket Metal.

There was even supposed to be a form where Metal would merge with Bass in the Sonic/Mega Man crossover, Worlds Collide, but was vetoed by Sega and Capcom (the only scrapped idea from what I heard).

Also, here's both versions of Stardust Speedway in recent games and as an extra, What I'm Made Of: Mania uses Japan CD while Forces uses USA CD.