• Published 9th Jul 2012
  • 4,511 Views, 76 Comments

Ghost Recon: Equestria - 123456789123456789



After some new technology is used on the field, Kozak is somehow transported to Equestria.

  • ...
10
 76
 4,511

Contact

Kozak suddenly awoke, breathing quickly and heavily as if he had just had a close encounter with death. He sat up as his breathing rate slowed and took a look around. He was in a clearing of some sort. There was thick forest all around him. Loose papers, broken wooden crates, a couple of supply caches and the corpse of one of the grunts he had killed, Viktor, were strewn around on the ground.

So it really did happen... he thought to himself That implosion should have killed me, and yet, here I am, out in a forest of some kind.

“Major?” Kozak asked through his radio “Come in, Major. Do you read me?” There was no answer. After trying a few more times, he decided to give up trying.

Kozak stayed sitting for a minute. He pondered about how long he’d been unconscious for, but decided that it wasn’t too important at the moment. He was, however, curious to see where exactly he was, so he pulled himself off the floor and walked over to one of the supply caches, but then stopped halfway there.

He turned around and approached the body of the fallen Raven’s Rock soldier. Normally Kozak wouldn’t care what happened to the bodies of the enemies that he had killed, but this one seemed different. At least all the other bodies were probably found by someone and given a proper burial of sorts, but this one had come with him into the implosion and out wherever it had dropped them, and seeing as Kozak didn’t seem to be getting an answer on his radio, decided that this place was quite far from where they had entered the implosion.

So, he made an exception for this soldier, and put him in a more respectable pose; lying on his back with his legs straight and his hands laying on top of each other on his chest, and his AK-47 right by his side as his final weapon against whatever may lie in wait for him in the afterlife. He decided to go the extra mile and be sentimental by picking a flower from a patch on the edge of the clearing and putting it in his hands.

“Rest well, my enemy in arms, and brother in travel. Rest well, Viktor.” Kozak said quietly in Russian, kneeling down on one knee and bowing his head respectfully in front of the deceased soldier. He decided that he had been respectful enough and that he should go restock on ammo for his guns on the slim chance he got ambushed.

He stood up and turned towards the supply caches when he heard mumbling coming from his left. He instinctively crouched, pulled out his pistol and engaged his optical camo. Kozak identified the mumbling as two voices; they were quite feminine and didn’t seem to have any hostile intent behind them. They were definitely speaking english, but Kozak couldn’t identify what they were saying.

All of a sudden, he heard a loud shout come from the direction of the two female voices. It was another female voice, and though it was shouting, it seemed to have a tone of fear, not anger or hostility. Then, three bodies came tumbling out of the bush in the direction Kozak had been staring at. He prepared his gun and pointed it at the closest body to him.

But when he took a minute to actually look at the figures, he realised that they were not women, but in fact miniature, pastel coloured horses. The one furthest from him had a yellow coat, a red mane and tail and a big red bow in it’s hair, the one after that had a white coat and a mane and tail with two different shades of purple in them, and the closest one to him, which he currently had his gun trained on, had an orange coat and a dark purple mane and tail.

“Ow...” the orange one groaned. This startled Kozak, and also confirmed his suspicion that these were the three voices he had heard behind the bush. He deactivated his optical camouflage to allow them to see him, as he wanted answers to a few of his questions, and he found interrogating a subject was much easier when they could see you.

The orange-coated one rubbed her head with her hoof, opened her eyes and blinked them multiple times to help herself get over the daze she had no doubt acquired from falling through the bush. Suddenly, her eyes opened much wider and she sat there completely still, obviously staring at the big, dark, armour-clad figure that was looming over her.

“Where am I?!” the white one was the next to wake from the trio’s simultaneous daze, not too well, either, as she was clearly disoriented. She took a little longer to respond to Kozak, but once she did, her expression was more dramatic than that of the orange ones, and she looked to be shaking, but neither of the two had made a sound since laying their eyes on him.

Finally, the last one showed a sign of life as she chuckled, lifting her head and rubbing the back of it with her hoof somewhat bashfully, just as the orange one had done.

“Sorry about that, you guys...” She said, not turning around. This made Kozak slightly anxious, as he didn’t know if the yellow one had any idea of his presence yet, and whether or not she was going to do something about it. Finally, she turned around, her reaction being the same as, what Kozak could only assume were, her friends. He found this to be an appropriate time to begin asking them questions.

“What the hell are you?” Kozak asked slowly, but this had not helped dampen the anger that was evident in his voice. Of course he was angry. He had just woken up in a strange place after suffering what one could only call a defeat, and was now asking small, brightly-coloured horses questions. For all he knew, he could be in an insane asylum, laughing his head off whilst he shouted about what was happening right now.

Kozak mentally shook himself, looking on at the three things that were in front of him right now.

“I won’t ask again; what are you?” This time Kozak was able to hold back his anger and refrain from swearing when asking the question. His voice was also much calmer now, aswell. The three fillies flinched when they heard Kozak speak, which made him furrow his brow.

“Y-y-you can sp-peak Eq-q-questrian?” the orange one stuttered, breaking Kozak’s concentration slightly. Usually he would lash out if someone asked him a question when he was interrogating them, but, as this was a special case, he took a moment to think over what had just been asked of him.

Equestrian...? he wondered Does she mean English?

“I can speak English, if that’s what you’re asking.” Kozak’s tone was quite demanding and his gun was still trained on the orange one’s head, but he had decided to loosen up a bit, seeing as these three seemed to pose very little threat to him.

“Wh-what are you, a-anyway?” the orange one spoke up, startling Kozak. He held a look of surprise on his face, unseen by the girls due to the mask covering most of it, as the small talking horse seemed unphased by the fact that a gun was pointed in her face.

Only after the orange one’s question did Kozak begin to wonder where these things might have come from. Were they some sort of experiment? Or were they some currently undiscovered equine species? The latter meant that he had been taken further from civilization than he originally thought, and, knowing his luck, he guessed that it was most likely the current situation.

“My name is John Kozak,” At this point Kozak decided to lower his gun, but did not relax his hold on the weapon. The three took notice of this, and their bodies became visibly less tense.

“You have a name?!” the yellow one furthest from Kozak asked with a surprised voice, instantly perking up.

“That’s so cool!” the orange one jumped up with excitement, all three suddenly having smiles of enthusiasm plastered on their faces. Kozak cocked his head slightly in confusion.

“Is it really so strange to have a name?” he asked, finally loosening the grip on his gun, but keeping it out just in case things went awry. The back and forth questions had given Kozak the impression that these three definitely weren’t dangerous, but he decided to keep his guard up.

“Well, not really...” the white one finally spoke, her voice the highest of the three “I guess it’s just no pony expects a monster to have a name. My name’s Sweetie Belle, by the way!”

“Mine’s Applebloom!” the yellow one added.

“And mine’s Scootaloo!” the yellow one finished “And we’re...”

“THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!” the three shouted in unison. Kozak stood there, looking at the three with a slightly annoyed look under his mask. What annoyed him wasn’t the fact that they had called him a monster without even really knowing him, but rather the fact that their names were incredibly girly and cartoonish.

It was then he noticed the style of everything around him. It was all very cartoonish and brightly coloured, which made him give an even more annoyed look under the confines of his completely opaque mask.

But he decided not to dwell on it and to continue the conversation he was having with whatever he was talking to you.

“You never answered my question;” Kozak’s tone turned cold, as if it were a matter of life and death that he know what these small creatures were “What exactly are you?”

“Duh, we’re ponies!” Applebloom said with quite a condescending tone “Ah think the better question is: what are you?”

“Well, I suppose I’m a human.” Kozak answered instantly, his voice turning tough and strong again “But I’ve definitely never seen a talking pony before.”

“That’s just stupid!” Scootaloo huffed.

“Yeah! What kind of a pony can’t talk?” Sweetie Belle added. Kozak decided not to answer that question due to his fear of what these things might do.

“So, are there any more of you talking ponies, or are you the only three?” Kozak asked. The three gave him a confused glare before looking at one another and suddenly huddling together as they began to whisper to each other. This made Kozak put both hands on his already un-holstered pistol, gripping it tightly due to the three ponies suspicious behaviour.


“Whaddya think, girls?” Applebloom asked. The trio had formed a tight circle to prevent John from hearing them “Should we tell ‘im about Ponyville?”

“I don’t know,” Sweetie Belle said wearily “He seems like an okay... thing...”

“Well, I guess he’s alright, but I don’t like the look of that thing he’s been holding ever since we found him.” Scootaloo looked behind her to see John with both his hands gripping the strange metal object tightly, as if he were gaining comfort from doing so “For all we know, it could be a weapon!”

“Ah’m sure it’s nothin’, Scoots!” Applebloom reassured “It’s probably just some sort of-” She was cut off by a sudden crashing sound.

“Ah won’t let you hurt mah sister!” a familiar voice shouted. The three turned to see Applejack on top of John, who was currently surrounded by a purple-colored aura. This seemed to be constraining him, as he was obviously attempting to move his arms, which were now spread out against his sides.


“Twilight,” Rainbow Dash groaned “We’ve been walking for like, five hours! Why don’t we take a break already!” The pegasus was dragging her hooves along the ground and her eyes looked to be half shut, which were obvious signs that she was tired.

“It’s only been half an hour, Rainbow.” Twilight sighed “And we can’t take a break! We’re close to the source of that strange noise Fluttershy heard, I can feel it!”

“And since when are you psychic?”

“Look, Dash,” Applejack said sternly, no doubt having grown tired of the Pegasus’ constant whining “complainin’ won’t get us there any faster, so hush yer gums and keep walkin’!” the rainbow-maned speedster huffed in annoyance before bowing her head in defeat.

“My goodness, it is extremely dirty out here!” Rarity whined.

“Oh, not you too, Rari-”

“Shhh!” Twilight hushed “Do you hear that?” She looked around, making the others do the same. All of a sudden, a few quiet voices could be heard, making the whole group perk up.

“Um... I think it’s coming from that way.” Fluttershy said quietly, pointing down a clear path between two sets of trees.

“C’mon, girls!” Twilight motioned with her hoof for her friends to follow, and they all galloped off in the direction Fluttershy had pointed.

They had reached a large bush when the talking stopped. They decided to peer through the bush, and what they saw was a fairly large clearing with a fair bit of debris scattered across the ground. The debris mostly consisted of strange looking pieces of wood and odd metal boxes, but those were not what had got the attention of the six ponies, but rather the six-foot tall monster holding a strange metal object that looked as though it was about to pounce on three unsuspecting ponies.

Only then did they realize that the three ponies were Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Applejack was the first to notice this, and jumped out of the bush to stop the monster that was about to eat her little sister and her friends.

“Ah won’t let you hurt mah sister!” Applejack screamed, landing on the menacing figure. The monster looked like it was going to retaliate against her, but luckily Twilight had constrained it with her magic at the last second. It was now sprawled out on the floor like the rest of the debris, at the total mercy of Applejack.

“Wait!” a familiar set of voices were heard to the left of the six ponies who had now all passed through the bush with looks of astonishment and fear on their faces. They turned to see all three of the fillies running towards Applejack in an attempt to no doubt stop her from hurting it.

“Don’t hurt him!” Applebloom pleaded to her sister.

“What?!” Applejack looked at her with total disbelief “What are you talking about, this... thing was about to attack you!”

“No he wasn't!” Scootaloo exclaimed “He’s actually really friendly!”

Applejack looked back and forth between the girls and the monster she had pinned with the help of Twilight’s strong magic. She then decided it would be a good idea to get off of the monster she had unjustly attacked and walk back over to her friends.

It was then that Twilight decided to release her magic holding the beast, which allowed it to stand up and dust itself off.


Kozak stood up and dusted himself off after the purple one of the new group of six ponies decided to disable whatever it was she was using to hold him. At least, he thought it was her who had done it, judging by how her movements correlated with the force pushing him down onto the floor.

He looked at the orange one who had originally attacked him by surprise, knocking him to the floor and disarming him at the same time. He thought about what he should do with her, and decided that letting her live was the best option, seeing as this seemed to most likely be a misunderstanding.

“So, any particular reason why you attacked me?” Kozak asked with a very annoyed tone. This startled all of the ponies, all except for Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, who had been talking to him enough to have gotten used to his ability to talk.

“Wow...” the purple one gave Kozak a stare which made him slightly uncomfortable “You can speak perfect Equestrian!”

Oh, not this again... Kozak mentally groaned.

“This here is John Kozak!” Applebloom said happily “He’s a hue-mane who’s never seen a pony before!” All six of the girls looked at her, the light-yellow one in particular seemed to be less afraid of Kozak than the others, which gave Kozak a sudden interest in her.

“How do you know so much about him, Applebloom?” the blue one with a rainbow coloured mane and tail asked, a clear look of suspicion on her face.

“That’s because I told them.” Kozak interjected, giving a cold stare at the mare from under his sunglasses, similar to the one the orange mare with the country accent was giving her.

“You seem like a nice,” the light-yellow one finally spoke up, her voice much warmer and friendlier than any of the others “what was it again? A hue-mane?”

“Human.” Kozak corrected. At this point he thought it’d be a good idea to go and retrieve his pistol, which had fallen about 15 feet from where he was now. He walked over to it, bent down and picked it up.

“What is that?” the purple one asked, a glint of interest in her eye.

“It’s nothing.” Kozak said blandly, holstering the gun. It was in his best interests not to tell these innocent-looking creatures that he was in possession of a weapon that could kill almost anything instantly if handled right. Right now, he wanted to gain their trust so that he could find out what was going on here, and hopefully get home.

“Well, it’s getting awfully dark.” the white one that bore a striking resemblance to Sweetie Belle spoke up, her voice having quite a posh accent to it “Perhaps we should make our way back to Ponyville now?” All of the ponies nodded in agreement, and Kozak thought it was a good idea to get to civilization, but cringed when thinking about how stupid a name like “Ponyville” was for a town. But it did give him some confirmation; he was a long way from home.

A very long way from home.